Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

302 Skincare Users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Are you happy with your results using the 302 Skincare line

Yes, I am happy with 302 Skincare and will continue to use
60%
 60%  [ 25 ]
No, I was not happy with 302 Skincare
24%
 24%  [ 10 ]
Too soon to tell
14%
 14%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 41

shellybutorac
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I read ALL 82 pages of the thread on 302 Skincare but heard lots of stories about clogged pores and acne problems. This concerns me cause I have clogged pores if I don't us the 5% BHA. I also didn't do a count of how many people are actually using this line? Lots of the posts are the same people... and furthermore, only saw Boski's pic and her skin looked better BUT it was also much darker in the follow up pic. All this to ask the question.. who uses this line and are you happy with results and will you continue this line of products?
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I am very happy with 302! It is easy to use and I can see results. I had hormonal acne and my skin looks 100% better. I may have one pimple as opposed to 20 along my jawline and chin. I have used everything including harsh peels. Now all I use is 302 and I am very happy with the results!
ezduzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I would also like opinions on this product. I have hyperpigmentation and acne. I really want to give it a try but if it doesn't work then that is money down the drain again. Any opinions please.
TIA
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi shelly and ezduzit, I used the 302 products for four months and saw no improvement. I had (have) very oily skin and acne. I used the 302 face and body bar, the regular cleanser and the oily skin cleanser alternately. I did not like the bar cleanser at all - it didn't seem to rinse completely off and it made my skin super oily. The other two cleansers I liked. I also used the calming mist. It seemed to moisturize ok but also made my skin very oily - my skin does not like glycerin. The 302 serum did nothing noticeable in the time that I used this line. The eye firming serum seemed kind of drying. I communicated with Dr. Huber a few times and followed his instructions to the letter. He had me use my tazorac twice a week as well as the 302 products. I quit using this line before the acne mist came out - who knows it might have made a difference. For me personally I would not recommend 302. However, most people that use it seem to see steady improvements with there skin. As far as skin care lines go this one is not that expensive to get into so you might want to give it a try. HTH.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:44 am      Reply with quote
shellybutorac -
it seems like some people who are struggling with acne, have had results from using 302Skincare. If your main concern is acne or if you are under the age of 25, this skincare line might be worth a try.

If you are older than 25, I would rather choose a skincare line with proven anti-aging ingredients like l-ascorbic acid or a decent amount of retinoids, or promising agents like DNA repair, niacinamide, coffee berry extract, growth factor, matrixyl etc.

The vitamin C products from 302Skincare contain the tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate form of vitamin C, which is less effective than l-ascorbic acid that is found in several other skin care lines. The vitamin A product from 302Skincare is most likely less potent than other retinol serums on the market as the percentage of retinol and retinyl palmitate in their A Boost is not revealed. The "star ingredient" in this skincare line, the compound avocatin 302 from the rain forest, is a rather unknown and unproven ingredient.

I was using 302Skincare Eye Firming Serum for 3-4 months. It has a cooling effect and did not do any harm, but nothing good, either.

PS. I did not vote in your poll since I haven't used any other products in the line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I was definitely not happy with 302 skin care. However, I have very dry, extremely sensitive skin and 302 irritated and made my face feel drier and very uncomfortable. I used the Recovery Plus and Eye Firming Serum. I tried to give these products a fair chance to work, but the longer I used them the more irritated my skin got until I finally just had to give up on these products. So, in a nutshell, 302 made my skin worse.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I was not happy with the 302 products. I used the products for 3 months. I know Boski (and Dr. H) say longer use is necessary with these products, but I thought I would see something in 3 months. I was using them for anti-aging purposes, not acne. I felt that the people who were getting results were the ones who had acne, and not the ones who were specifically looking for anti-aging.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:21 am      Reply with quote
My skin looked absolutely great when I was on 302. It did not resolve my hormonal breakouts on its own, so I continued to use Retin A 2x a week which did cause significant dryness when combined with the 302 Plus Serum (just as Dr. H. predicted).

The only reason I switched was that after 5 months, I had not seen any improvement in my hyperpigmentation, so I ended up switching to stronger actives.

302 is the only product line that I will use after dermarolling. It is very high quality and super simple to use. It is also great for anyone with skin issues like rosacea, acne, etc.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I am 33 and was a tennis player in my younger years, so there is skin damage from the sun. I am looking for anti-aging as well as anti-pigmentation properties. Thanks so much!
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
After reading the long post on 302 skincare, I ordered the products for sensitive, rosacea skin.The rosacea drops made my skin more red and irritated. The cleanser was just ok. I went back to karen herzog cleanser, and started to use Estee Lauder advanced Night Repair with great results. I'm really happy for the people it helped,but I'm not one of them.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
I love the 302 products I've used.

Last year around this time I started getting rashy rosacea flare-ups and simultaneously hormonal breakouts. I didn't really realize what was going on at first with the hormonal stuff; at first I thought it was all just weird looking/patterned acne and made it worse by treating it as such. When the docs claimed rosacea, I used their recommended prescription products that continued to make it worse. In June I discovered 302, and I started with the Face and Body Bar and 302 Rosacea drops in July. My skin has made small improvements ever since, though the rosacea flare-ups (which I'm questioning now whether they are actually rosacea) still occur, just a bit less frequently. 302 A Boost is also the only Vit A product I have ever been able to use regularly without irritation and in fact, my skin ALWAYS looks better the next day (I apply every 3rd night or so).

302 did not address the hormonal acne, however... the only thing that has helped that is faithful, consistent use of a supplement called Dimpro ( http://www.energeticnutrition.com/vitalzym/dim.html )

Good luck - if you decide to try 302, stop by the 302 thread and let us know how it works for you : )
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
oh man I decided to order 302 after email consult with jennifer...who told me i can use it as general anti-aging and for my hyperpigmentation....i am 24 so i thought i can start with anti-aging products early at my age....i knew it helped people with acne but based on the reveiws on that thread and my consultaiton i thought it would help me with hyperpigmentation.......
now reading here it seems like hyperpigmentation are not really treated with 302.......so i am worried....i havent received my products yet and still yet to try them but i just hope i havent wasted my money and infact i dont end up with worser skin at the end of it i.e dry, clogged pores etc. I dont have those concerns at the moment, only thing is hyperpigmentation.......i do use moisturizers but i been reading its better not to use them with 302....so i hope my skin wont end up being dry...hope this is not just another upcoming fad man....FINGERS CROSSED Pray

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I love 302.

I've been usinig 302 for 10 months and only recently added the A Boost and C Boost.

Overall, my skin has better color and I think my fine less are a bit less noticeable. Nothing dramatic, but nice. Also my face feels like a baby's bum.

I use, the F&B bar, Rosacea Cleanser, 302 drops, the Calming Mist, the Acne Mist (it's a bit drying, so I've backed off and only use it when I notice a spot or two) Rosacea drops, A Boost, C Boost and the Eye Serum.

On the downside: The Recovery Plus and SS SPF 15 break me out, not horribly, but enough that I use them sparingly. (Also, I've yet to find a MMU with SPF that doesn't break me out, even UGloGirl.)

The Eye Serum is nothing to write home about, but I like the firming effect when I go out. Next time, I will try the Calmskin eye product.

Overall, this is not a super expensive system. And I adore the mostly organic-no paraben ingredients. In addition, the "do no harm" non-acid philosphy makes a lot of sense.

I wonder about longitudinal studies regarding l-ascorbic acid and the retinol acids, which appear to be more effective than Dr. H's formulations. There are folks on the forum who are more informed who might be able to address that question.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
So far I like the products altho' I too use Recovery Plus sparingly - it seems to encourage bumps (clumps of protein) under the surface, something my bumpy skin likes to do now to torture me after yrs of my abusing it with too much sun.

But on the whole skin is much happier, thicker, colour and turgor improved, moisture retained even in the dead of a very cold winter when it usually looks like hell.

Love the cleanser and FBBar, LOVE the actives (C&A Boost, Drops).

But there is something that is even more important I think. Have looked at tons of skincare sites thru out the yrs and rarely if ever, have I seen such a thorough presentation of the technology (the Patent). Many sites say they have break thru' technology but where are the data? 302 makes it freely available.

In addition, on the 302 thread, you have Dr. H's detailed scientific replies to many issues, something that is very rare in this business. For instance, the theory behind alternating products is fully explained & persuasive to my mind. My skin is the happier for it as well.

With respect to successfully treating hyperpigmentation, it does seem to be the weak link in the line. However, few lines have enjoyed great success without resorting to very strong actives which appear, according to experts and the studies I've read, probably do more harm than good in the long run .

One thing we shouldn't forget. While many are using 302 purely on their own, (myself included) it has been clearly stated that the line has been formulated for use under a professional's care. It is probably under such circumstances that most of us will experience its full benefits.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
nakeidknits wrote:
I wonder about longitudinal studies regarding l-ascorbic acid and the retinol acids, which appear to be more effective than Dr. H's formulations. There are folks on the forum who are more informed who might be able to address that question.

For those who can tolerate them, the l-ascorbic and retinoic acids may indeed be more potent forms.

IIRC, Dr H's idea is that even if they are more potent they also cause irritation/inflammation, and chronic inflammation is the mechanism that actually causes skin aging (not necessarily vitamin deficiency, especially topical).

This made sense to me, but even more, it works for me because I really can't tolerate acids at all. So, the gentler, perhaps less potent but less irritating forms are perfect for me.

Also, simran, don't panic - I think hyperpigmentation can be treated with this line. Bethany is the one person I can think of who really was looking for help in that area and she was not able to resolve her pigmentation issues with 302. However, LED's haven't helped her that much either and she said herself that even Fraxel didn't budge it (and may have made it worse). So, she's an unusually tough test case.

Just hang on to your receipt, give the products a fair shot and if they don't work, return them.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I was trying to improve hyperpigmentation, as well. 302 did not help with that at all. In fact, I freckled and tanned through the sunscreen. That was the end of 302 for me! I believe in a lot of Dr. H's theories and still think it is a good line for certain people. Not every line is for everyone and it is all trial and error!
havana8

Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
A-Boost leaves my skin looking absolutely fantastic the next day. The Recovery Plus lotion positively decimates an excema patch (mine, anyways) in a mere few hours after application; however, I don't care for the texture on my face as an everyday application. For my underye area, I would have to say that the Eye Firming Serum does have a cooling plus firming/smoothing effect; however, it is too pricy, IMO. The 302 Serum I viewed more as a long term investment for which I could not yet see visible effects up front and for which, conversely, I did not find either too irritating or soothing. Assuming I had the cash and it were more readily accessible/available, I would re-order all these items.
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
For my underye area, I would have to say that the Eye Firming Serum does have a cooling plus firming/smoothing effect; however, it is too pricy, IMO.

Really! too expensive? I was just thinking this a.m. as I applied it that my bottle will last me forever, so little is needed, even with the 3 applications that are recommended with each use. Considering what most eye serums cost, to me the price of this one is a huge bargain.
havana8

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
arya2 wrote:
havana8 wrote:
For my underye area, I would have to say that the Eye Firming Serum does have a cooling plus firming/smoothing effect; however, it is too pricy, IMO.

Really! too expensive? I was just thinking this a.m. as I applied it that my bottle will last me forever, so little is needed, even with the 3 applications that are recommended with each use. Considering what most eye serums cost, to me the price of this one is a huge bargain.

arya2, is it around 72USD? hmm i should probably have clarified that crossing over to CAD it becomes a bit pricey. also, as i am on the computer all day due to work, I found it soothing to use more than once a day so perhaps i was going through it too quickly....
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
arya2 wrote:
havana8 wrote:

arya2, is it around 72USD? hmm i should probably have clarified that crossing over to CAD it becomes a bit pricey. also, as i am on the computer all day due to work, I found it soothing to use more than once a day so perhaps i was going through it too quickly....

Havana, yup, that's the cost - I guess it's even higher for you in Canada.

That is actually a decent size chunk of change for me too, and I haven't been able to budget it in. I'm sure it's worth the price and a good value, though. But I prefer just using my regular 302 topicals around my eyes.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Also, simran, don't panic - I think hyperpigmentation can be treated with this line. Bethany is the one person I can think of who really was looking for help in that area and she was not able to resolve her pigmentation issues with 302. However, LED's haven't helped her that much either and she said herself that even Fraxel didn't budge it (and may have made it worse). So, she's an unusually tough test case.

This is a very true statement! Vivite Vibrance and Obagi C-Rx Clarifying Serum with 4% HQ ended up working, but it just bleached them...it did not remove them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using 302 for 5 months now and my skin has not looked this good in well over 3-4 years plus. I have tried a range of brands with little to no success and some actually made my skin worse - so I am completely happy with 302!

My skin has a better over-all glow and is virtually clear. I think my fine lines look a little better but TBH it is hard to tell, it depends on the light and how closely I look, but I would say they are softer - which goes for all of my facial skin. (Keep in mind I am mid 30's)

I use the F&B bar, cleanser, acne and calming mists (I could spritz the calming mist on all day it is divine!) and the 302 serum which I use around my eyes as well as all over my face. I am just about to upgrade to the '302 serum plus' which has more anti-aging qualities so it will be interesting to see how that goes .

I also wanted to say that with 302 you really do need to use it for 3-4 months under guidance from a licenced aesthetician as without their help you may not be using the right products so won't get the right results. We are lucky enough to have a couple on the 302 thread (under product reviews) as well as a few very knowledgable users Smile That said I am not implying that 302 is a sure thing - we all know different products work for different people Wink but for me it definitely works.
Nemo!AtTheDisco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:35 am      Reply with quote
302 Skincare has given me AMAZING results. I worked for Sephora for a number of years, & have been an Aesthetican for almost 4 years now. I had tried EVERYTHING. Even when I found the EDS website, I had tried the majority of things on it aswell. After reading through the 302 thread (which was only slightly over 60 pages, at the time) I knew I had to give it a try. And I did.

I've been using 302 Skincare for almost a year now. After one month I saw a more smooth texture to my skin, and a healthier glow. After two months, my pores were less visible and my skin less oily. After about 4 months, my breakouts were reduced significantly. After 6 Months I noticed my existing Acne Scars were diminishing.

Now, I rarely break out, and when I do its a much smaller breakout than In the past. My skin looks amazing, I get complimented on it constantly, and I now carry 302 in my Spa Room, distributing 302 all over the place and I will continue to use it. I have spoken at length with Dr. H, the man behind the 302 molecule, and everything he has told me about the skin, and to try with either my own skin or clients skin has worked.

Bottom line, If you're going to try 302. Try it entirely. Don't try mixing it with other lines, or moisturizers, or anything like that. Either read into the philosophy, develops a solid regimen, and follow it as intended, or don't try it at all. I bet if you do try it though, you'll be pleasantly suprised. It's not a quick fix, no overnight miracle, but if you're consistent you'll understand what the rave is about. And your skin will love it!

I have to go post an update as to how my skin is in the 302 thread now Smile

[24/M/Fair,Blonde&Blue][Oily/Acne Prone/Sensitive][302 Skincare: 302 Cleanser, F&B Bar, Acne Mist, 302 Drops, Clarity][Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Glycemic diet + Regular Excercise + 302 = No More Acne] Smile
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:04 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
arya2 wrote:
havana8 wrote:

I'm in Cda too, ordered it from The Face Place - paid $50USD when xchange rate was better than now. Also check with Nanci at NCN Skincare re her price & tell her B of the North sent you. Still think it's a bargain. I find I only need to apply v. small blobs for the whole eye. Am sure my bottle will last 3 yrs at this rate, even in our frigid winters.

If you find you're using too much, have found that a thin application of vegetable glycerin mixed with a tiny bit of VitE really helps moisturize as well. It's a wee bit thick but is great for outdoor protection in windy/cold weather.

I also apply this mix just to change things up with under eye topicals as I've become an enthusiastic convert to the concept of alternating topicals. Skin responds well.

HTH
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:56 am      Reply with quote
When all is said and done, this line is not for those who are impatient, unobservant, lazy, rebellious, have a crappy life style and eating habits, and love to change products regularly. The 302 philosophy is about bringing balance to your skin. Tho' I tend to be as single minded as the next person, my initial experiences with listening to & following the advice i was given paid off. It took time for my skin to respond, but respond it did - am I'm the happier for it.

If you're prepared to put in the time and sometimes the unpleasantness of not looking your best while your skin transitions off acids and/or other products (for me it was 6 wks of ugh), if you follow instructionsin spite of an inclination to think you know best (& who of us doesn't think we know best), if you just simply give your skin time to adapt to a new way of life, you might be surprised at the results.

But, as with anything, there are always those whose skin will not respond as hoped.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |