Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Could facial exercises help me?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
GuyWithoutSocks

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there.

I'm a 19 year old guy looking to fix my facial asymmetry. It seems to me like the right side of my face is sagging. Do you think I could benefit from following a program of sorts? Is it possible to send pictures via PM? It won't let me post them here.

Thanks for reading.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
is the side which u feel is sagging the one you sleep on, that is if u sleep on your side... it's best to sleep on your back with face up...

I think that you are way too young to have any sag... faces are almost never symmetrical and may be one side has heavier muscles than the other n it looks as if its sagging, in this case face exercises should help if done very carefully on the weaker side of the face...
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
As you are only 19 could there be a medical reason? My friend has one side of his face that sagged... turned out he had Bells Palsy... Shock

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
Come to think of it I did used to sleep on my side but I have since switched to resting on my back.

No medical condition as far as I'm concerned. I've been seeing a physiotherapist for the past few months to correct my posture and she didn't mention any nerve damage or anything like that.

Again it might be easier if you guys saw my pictures to properly assess my situation. I just remember my teeth became extremely crooked when I hit puberty and I just stopped smiling as much as I used to so I'm thinking perhaps the muscles have atrophied.

The right side of my face just feels weaker in general.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
GuyWithoutSocks wrote:

Again it might be easier if you guys saw my pictures to properly assess my situation.

Hi guywithoutsocks- you can PM one of the moderators and they can probably help you post a picture. Havana8 is one of them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I think they could help you. I believe Deb from FlexEffect and LouLou from Ageless have both worked with Bell's Palsy patients (correct me if I am wrong on this, ladies, just going by my poor memory and too lazy to search) with some success. If it wasn't Deb and Lou Lou it was one of the facial exercise gurus...

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
img827.imageshack.us/ [ picture moved ]

img441.imageshack.us/ [ picture moved ]

img189.imageshack.us/ [ picture moved ]

Let me know if more pics are needed.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
i dont see any sag but a an overall tired look or an uncomfortable look.. may be all u need is a good sleeping pattern...

Edited: sorry, before I only checked out your first pic, in other 2 u dont look tired either
polkadot
5% products discount

Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:56 am      Reply with quote
I looked at your pictures, and saw nothing but a good looking guy. You look young healthy, and normal. Sometimes what we see in the mirror is not how the world see's us. We judge ourselves more harshly.
Dotty
5% products discount

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi guywithoutsocks,

Honestly, I see no sag at all. It is very easy to be over critical of oneself (speaking from experience here!).

However, it looks like you may hold tension in your face, which is something to be aware of, without over-focusing on it, but just start to notice if you're tensing certain facial muscles. It will stand you in good stead in the long run.

Also, I would not refrain from smiling at all! Smiling is good, and I think it's detrimental to deny yourself this healthy pleasure - it also lights up your face.

With all that I have gleaned so far about inner and outer health, I'd say, focus on your overall wellbeing first and foremost. Make sure you eat a balanced, healthy diet, drink plenty of water. Get as much fresh air as you can. Sleep well. Exercise. All the good stuff.

If you are interested in facial exercise, I strongly recommend that you do not try to spot-exercise, ie never try to just work on one side of your face.

You may find it helpful to visit the Flexeffect general forum and get some advice there. It is quite possible you are too young to start, but they will advise you, for sure, and they are good at taking into account overall wellness. I seriously wouldn't just launch into anything blindly.

Best of luck!
GuyWithoutSocks

Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
A couple of questions.

1)Is the Flex Effect forum free? Because I think I remember reading somewhere you could only gain access after you buy it. If you do then I want to make sure I'm not wasting my money.

2)Maybe sagging is the wrong word. When I compare picture 2 and 3, I notice that the left side of my jaw is much more prominent while the right side is receding. Would Flex Effect help even this out?

And yeah, the whole not smiling thing was just for the pictures. But I do have to admit it makes me look depressed lol.
NuvosaAdrian
5% products discount

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Yo, GuyWithoutSock,

As a guy, I think you have the same problem I had when I was your age. You just might be a little bit overcritical of your features.

1. I don't see any sagging at all.

2. What we see is that you're tensing some facial muscles more than others, which could be traced to your being too conscious of your looks (IMO).

You look fine. And when you embrace that, you're going to look great.

Went through the same thing when I was 18. And yes, one side of my face looks dropping when compared to the other, giving me a sad/depressed look when I don't smile.

So smile, GuyWithousSocks.
puddlelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Just a thought, but do you clench your teeth? (teeth aren't supposed to touch apparently)
Are your teeth even on both sides?
I'm just wondering if you've built up by unconsciously clenching your jaw

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:29 am      Reply with quote
There are a few forums, but the workshop one is the one you get access to when you purchase, but the general forum is free, and they do answer questions there and its staffed by lots of people so its definitely worth while visiting and signing up for. The general free one is the first one at the top here:www.flexeffect.com/feedback.htm

Not sure re 2, but I would say ask Loli or Claudia perhaps there. They may know more on what is happening etc.
GuyWithoutSocks wrote:
A couple of questions.

1)Is the Flex Effect forum free? Because I think I remember reading somewhere you could only gain access after you buy it. If you do then I want to make sure I'm not wasting my money.

2)Maybe sagging is the wrong word. When I compare picture 2 and 3, I notice that the left side of my jaw is much more prominent while the right side is receding. Would Flex Effect help even this out?

And yeah, the whole not smiling thing was just for the pictures. But I do have to admit it makes me look depressed lol.
GuyWithoutSocks

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link. I'll wait and see what they have to see.

I've never thought about facial tension before, that's interesting. Does it look like I'm doing that in these pictures?

[ picture moved ]
[ picture moved ]

Because that's pretty much as natural as my smile can get. I can't really explain it, it's just somehow harder to contract the muscles evenly.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
you have no sag at all, so stop worrying and save it for when it's really needed! Wink

moisturize with an antioxidant cream/lotion, use sunblock n enjoy your youth!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I love it Daler, you typed what my head said when i saw his photos.

Guy you are worrying and probably making things worser than they are in reality. We all do it, so try and relax and get some good sleep and moisturise etc and you will be able to age gracefully.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:01 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I love it Daler, you typed what my head said when i saw his photos.

Guy you are worrying and probably making things worser than they are in reality. We all do it, so try and relax and get some good sleep and moisturise etc and you will be able to age gracefully.

Wink... u know at 19 the worry should be acne if anything and not sag or wrinkles....and GuyWithoutSocks has no acne either!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |