Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Isn't Going To A Dermatologist Worthless For Red Marks?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dozer1

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
There are so many information on the internet for what works. The list include ACV, lemon juice, chemical peel, honey, aha and a whole bunch of stuff that you can buy to try it. However for most ppl it still doesn't work.

So what does going to a dermatologist really do then? Unless they do a laser or chemical peel... isn't there really no point to go to one? I mean if they give you antibiotics can't you just buy it yourself? I mean we all know the methods there are to fading red marks from reading online and the only ones that dermatologists can really do for us is those laser and peels where we can't do at home.

And from what i read, most dermatologist mention it takes a long time for these marks to go away no matter what. So isn't going to them kind of useless unless you are definitely doing those laser, fraxel and tca peels?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:47 am      Reply with quote
There are several creams on the market like Acti-fade that can help. But for me, I have found nothing works like an IPL (or the most recent Excel V) and time.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
anyone else?
biotin23

Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:30 am      Reply with quote
I would agree with that. I went to a dermatologist last year with a bunch of red marks and redness on my cheeks, but he just ignored all that and tried to prescribe me an acne cream cause I had a couple of zits on my forehead. Healing red marks naturally and gently is probably the best bet, but even if you were to do something stronger like a chemical peel, you can still do that on your own
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried a peel yet? Which kind?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:46 am      Reply with quote
It depends on how you define "red marks." I have rosacea, and it causes red patches of skin on my face. My Dr. has given me several topicals for this, plus, I do get PDL laser treatments for telangiectasia some of the time.

For instance, would metrogel help red marks face no matter what?

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |