Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DIY facelift exercises liked by actress Isla Fisher
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
drserene

Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
When my eyelids started to droop ( runs in the family), I looked for a non surgical solution and that fixed it! Eye exercises - then I isolated each muscle and worked them and reshaped my face. Actress Isla Fisher emailed me to say she liked the exercises and does them. They're on YouTube... And highest rating australian lifestyle programme showed a clip on it....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for starting this thread, drserene , are you DR. Serene or....

I am posting a link below for people to quickly check out few of the exercises:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTZnG1MBKaw

They seem pretty simple and easy to do...
drserene

Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hello daler,
Yes, I'm Dr Serene (Lim).
They are simple to do and streamlines your face so easily. Just make sure you don't create more wrinkles and secure the muscles so you can actually work them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you and welcome to EDS!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Dr. Serene, I saw on your website that you sell the Sqoom. I have always been interested in this gadget. Can you tell me what you like about it. Thank you.

Here is a link to Dr. Serene YouTube channel. There are some videos about facial massage, facial acupressure points etc. that are really good.

http://m.youtube.com/user/thedrserene?&desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2Fthedrserene

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Dr. Serene!!!
Really love your videos, specially the acupressure points and eye lift!!! So well explained, everything made simple and demonstrating too! Very Happy
There is a poster asking about exercises for droopy eyelids so she may be interested in the video you have about that issue.
Cookie, thanks for the link, though I have trouble opening the videos through it, I have to search them one by one on the youtube,... something wrong with my computer I guess!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:

Cookie, thanks for the link, though I have trouble opening the videos through it, I have to search them one by one on the youtube,... something wrong with my computer I guess!

Here are the individual links in case there is a problem. They are working for me on my iPad.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aTZnG1MBKaw

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LlE2qmyoJMA

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ASmEWY9zBKE

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gyRFDb96mYM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4NL9Magus6o

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I9KdymSLnTc

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KaML3b9EiNc

Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hello CookieD,
I have tested so many gadgets - I'm a gadget queen! And I bought so many cheap China ones but have had major problems with them ( burns skin/ ?toxic gels)- you can really tell the quality when you have a Sqoom in your hand vs others. The best thing about Sqoom is the quality - it's safe And the product are amazing. Other gadgets don't include gels. Most hyaluronic acid (HA)gels cannot enter the skin because of the skin barrier and the molecules are too big. So the Sqoom gels have been fragmented so they're really small and the device separates the skin cells and pushes them through to the deep dermis. Both ultrasound and ionisation technologies agitate under the skin ( causes an injury) so your skin produces more collagen and elastin - can't even feel it but it works. That's the most amazing part - you can see and feel the difference in your skin after Sqoom treatments. Plus I'm continually getting such great feedback. I haven't used any fillers on myself for 2 years now, just the Sqoom. There are no preservatives at all, just pure, natural substances. That's important and it's going down deep into the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
drserene wrote:
Hello CookieD,
I have tested so many gadgets - I'm a gadget queen! And I bought so many cheap China ones but have had major problems with them ( burns skin/ ?toxic gels)- you can really tell the quality when you have a Sqoom in your hand vs others. The best thing about Sqoom is the quality - it's safe And the product are amazing. Other gadgets don't include gels. Most hyaluronic acid (HA)gels cannot enter the skin because of the skin barrier and the molecules are too big. So the Sqoom gels have been fragmented so they're really small and the device separates the skin cells and pushes them through to the deep dermis. Both ultrasound and ionisation technologies agitate under the skin ( causes an injury) so your skin produces more collagen and elastin - can't even feel it but it works. That's the most amazing part - you can see and feel the difference in your skin after Sqoom treatments. Plus I'm continually getting such great feedback. I haven't used any fillers on myself for 2 years now, just the Sqoom. There are no preservatives at all, just pure, natural substances. That's important and it's going down deep into the skin.

Thanks drserene for information. I also really like your YouTube videos.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:53 am      Reply with quote
drserene, I realy enjoyed your videos, very informative... I will surely add your videos to my regimen for preventive measures... Keep it up and thanks! Smile
drserene

Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
After 6 weeks of daily facelift exercises, I can see a further difference. A newspaper article photographed me next to the YouTube videos and you can see how much tauter my skin is. I'll post it up on my fb page.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Ooh yes please do post them, I'd love to see it!
drserene wrote:
After 6 weeks of daily facelift exercises, I can see a further difference. A newspaper article photographed me next to the YouTube videos and you can see how much tauter my skin is. I'll post it up on my fb page.
dickymoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:23 am      Reply with quote
The movement for the cheeks reminds me of Lou Lou's cheek protocol.
Cora
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Loved the exercises for the eyes and also the acupuncture video. With the eye exercises, is there any certain number of times you should do each area or just a few seconds?

The video that was the most interesting on your channel was the one about Facial rejuvenation with concentrated growth factors. I'm new so I can't link to it but that was pretty incredible

Wonder if anyone does that in the states.
angeladayspa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hahaha, it is like to massage your pressure points. Anyway, it is good!!!
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone had any success at lifting the lower face with Dr Serene's exercises?
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Anyone...?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:01 am      Reply with quote
very interesting and the dr looks very young and natural. Has anyone had good results w sqoom? I see it pretty expensive $1600
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:13 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
very interesting and the dr looks very young and natural. Has anyone had good results w sqoom? I see it pretty expensive $1600

There are some very happy Sqoom posts on EDS with pics from Karen, plus PQ recently reviewed it and bought his own device. The negatives are the high purchase price, and the expensive gels you need to use on an ongoing basis.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Bethany - but I was thinking of the face exercises, not any gadgets.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
Thank you, Bethany - but I was thinking of the face exercises, not any gadgets.

Understood...I was just answering Lucyluc's question about the sqoom. Hopefully someone will weigh in on the exercises for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Tom Hagerty shows an exercise for lifting the under chin by first tipping the head back, then pulsing the tongue against the upper palate.
Dr Serene shows the same exercise but says do not extend the neck at the same time. She explains her reasons but I can't quite catch what she says - something about the (something} at the back of the neck.
As they both have smooth skin at the front of their necks, I'm wondering whether it really matters, either way.
Unless that (something) at the back of the neck has to do with not compressing the spine.
Any thoughts?
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
Tom Hagerty shows an exercise for lifting the under chin by first tipping the head back, then pulsing the tongue against the upper palate.
Dr Serene shows the same exercise but says do not extend the neck at the same time. She explains her reasons but I can't quite catch what she says - something about the (something} at the back of the neck.
As they both have smooth skin at the front of their necks, I'm wondering whether it really matters, either way.
Unless that (something) at the back of the neck has to do with not compressing the spine.
Any thoughts?

Holmes it is really hard to compare different programs or even to challenge what they say because the results speak for themselves and obviously every program believes it's way is best or it would not recommend it.

Without before/after results for the programs of those who do them (besides the trainers) it is hard to really tell how effective one might be over another. Maybe it's a case of different strokes for different folks and you may have to use trial and error to see which method works for you. Also you have to realize that it isn't just one exercise but a combination that brings about good change since the muscles of the face/neck cannot be isolated from those attached to them.

So it could be that each exercise is only most effective when done with the other exercises in the program.
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
Any thoughts?

She says 'facet' muscles - I think she is referring to the muscles around the cervical vertebrae at the top of the spine. I have recently been using Tom Hagerty's method but never like the feeling of stretching my neck - when I have tried 'kiss the ceiling'-type exercises, I seem to notice more vertical lines on my neck so mostly try to avoid regular stretching-up neck exercises. So I am going to try Dr Serene's version, with acknowledgement to Tom initially getting me back to doing this type of exercise because of the effective pulsing element.

I am also going to try her eye and mouth exercises alternating with the ones I currently do.

Great explanatory videos, Dr Serene Smile .
CarolineP
5% products discount

Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Dr Serene,
where can your sun visors be bought?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |