Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
The best salon non surgical facelift
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
snookydoops
5% products discount

Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone suggest the best non-surgical facelift? I've tried at-home devices and am unimpressed. Really want something radical over next 3 months.

Thanks!
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
If you have volume loss, Hyalauronic Acid fillers such as Juvederm, etc. can really make a difference. Likewise, if you don't use botox, botox will help (but not as much as filler if you have age related volume loss).
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hello snookydoops Smile Curiosly asking, which at-home devices have you tried and for how long did you try these for?

snookydoops wrote:
I've tried at-home devices and am unimpressed. Really want something radical over next 3 months.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I would say fillers or microcurrent, but with microcurrent you would need to do a series of 10 to 12 treatments. There is ongoing maintenance treatments also.

5% products discount

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone. To put into context, I'm 44 and have seemed to age fast in the past year. I dieted and also ate a lot of milk (inflammation) which I'm allergic to.

@Mismis - thanks. I have no wrinkles, just ageing 'sag' especially in jowls area and under eyes so really looking for that 'lift'. I am sure you're right but see fillers as something I'd rather not try - I'm terrified that if celebs can look all puffy what the hell will happen to me?!

@Jade-1234 - To be honest I don't try things for very long. I bought the tuo viso a couple of years ago and stopped using it after 2 or 3 goes because it was such a ball-ache and I read the type of muscle stimulation can be even worse in the long run. I also bought the nuface but didn't use it regularly. More recently I've tried the slendertone face. I used it religiously for two weeks and thought I looked even worse so stopped. With the exception of slendertone face which takes only 20 mins, I don;t think I can commit to doing this every day and think letting a professional do this is something I'm more likely to commit to.

I realise going to a salon costs more and that's why I want to choose a)the right treatment and b)the right aesthetician.

@CookieD - thanks. I think microcurrent sounds like the preferable option. Is this CACI?

Still, ehich microcurrent? Has anyone else got experience of going this route?

Thanks.
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:06 am      Reply with quote
In my opinion you need a combination of both microcurrent and fillers (but not at the same time). I would get 10-12 in-salon CACI treatments to address any muscle sag. Then after the course I would get some fillers to plump up the area. As a previous poster stated you do need to maintain CACI treatments (1 per month I believe). Once you finish the course of CACI I would immediately go for the fillers so as to give time for the fillers to settle before you need to do a CACI maintenance treatment.
snookydoops
5% products discount

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Moon wrote:
In my opinion you need a combination of both microcurrent and fillers (but not at the same time). I would get 10-12 in-salon CACI treatments to address any muscle sag. Then after the course I would get some fillers to plump up the area. As a previous poster stated you do need to maintain CACI treatments (1 per month I believe). Once you finish the course of CACI I would immediately go for the fillers so as to give time for the fillers to settle before you need to do a CACI maintenance treatment.

Thanks Moon. I think I will find a CACI salon. I'm terrified of fillers though... Sad
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:25 am      Reply with quote
No worries dude. Completely understand your worries about fillers. You can see/ hear so many horror stories or just stories of people not being happy with the results. I guess the number one rule when choosing an injector is research them. Don't be tempted to go for the cheapest. Go for one who has a good record or is well known for doing a good job treating the area that you are wanting to treat. Such a doctor may indeed be pricier, maybe even one of the priciest, but it is worth it. It is your face at the end of the day. Good luck Smile
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I had a course of CACI some years ago, and it did nothing for the jowls.
It's possible the machine has been improved upon since then.
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I had a course of CACI some years ago, and it did nothing for the jowls.
It's possible the machine has been improved upon since then.

Did it do anything for anywhere else on your face?
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:09 am      Reply with quote
It lifted the corners of my mouth and eyelids until about a week or so after finishing treatment.(I had it done in London and so it was very expensive, and I didn't go on to maintenance.}
It also diminished the dark circles temporarily.
But the most lasting effect was to shrink the red veins in the whites of the eyes, which I mentioned here on February 17 2007.
Just remembered one other permanent effect -I'd had a small hard cyst-like thing under the skin near my eye, for years, which felt like a tiny sharp stone to the touch. That disappeared about halfway through the treatment.
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Oops!
That should be February 19 2007.
And the title of the thread is 'Is there a solution for broken capillaries of the eyes?'
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Taking care of our skin (in my opinion) is a life-long commitment. This also goes with gadgets and other products... Can not really see the results in 1 or 2 weeks if you are only doing a few pass of "at-home" treatments. If you finally decide to go with a salon treatment, you still need to go for monthly maintenance. Good luck Smile

snookydoops wrote:

@Jade-1234 - To be honest I don't try things for very long.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have had numerous benefits from microcurrent treatments at a salon and ended up getting my own professional machine. One wonderful benefit that I didn't expect was help with my sinus issues. I have been free from sinus infections and headaches since I have started regular treatments a year ago. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Toby, would you mind giving a ballpark on what you paid for the machine? Like, would one need to take out a second mortgage? lol
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:40 am      Reply with quote
In addition to momtofive question, would you please provide the model # of your Beautiful Image machine so I can check it out too? I would think makers are in USA? Thanks Toby...
snookydoops
5% products discount

Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone - and thanks Toby for your response on another thread... need to go find it!

I'm now looking for a Caci Ultimate near me. I found a 'silhouette dermalift' skin salon near me - they used to be a tanning salon but the lady whi was going to call me back didn't yesterday and then today a girl answered ' tanning salon!' when I phoned, so they sound a bit amateurish.

I'm in the UK in the midlands if anyone knows of a good salon...
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:00 am      Reply with quote
You see the trouble with this kind of question is it depends what you need done. I’m 60 and to me a facelift probably means something different than a 40 or 50 year old. Also its helpful to know what devices you have tried in the past and results you have seen from them. For me I tried Tua Viso and hated it. It felt awkward and both sides of my face didn’t respond equally. I know they say that this is common, but for me it was like no way. I have tried a few CACI treatments, but they only last a day on me. I know I’ve spoken about facial exercises, and have done them for the last 10 years and to me they are definitely one of my better choices – although I’m always on the look out for something new to improve things. The other thing I like is the Yumana Face Ball (there’s a thread on EDS you can read about). That brought drastic changes from the first time I tried it, so that’s something you may want to look at.
cassied

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'd say get dermal fillers.

They will really help transform your face and don't require surgery! they're also temporary, and very safe if you go to the right place so don't be so scared of them Smile

I've also heard of Ultra-Lift, which uses ultrasound technology to stimulate collagen production in your skin tissues. It can help lift/tone your jaw area.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Patricia Wexler MD, dermatologist to the stars, is 60 and has had Ulthera (or is it Ultherapy) twice over the past few years and really likes it. However, the reviews for this procedure are all over the map so I suspect that it depends on the skill of the doctor, as with most things. It's also supposed to be EXTREMELY painful! Shock
ReginaB
5% products discount

Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Beautiful Image machine on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271155388689&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |