Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
22 y/o male, light, sensitive skin - acne scars/bigger pores
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
google5
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
So basically all I have on my face is left over acne scars/slight redness/slightly bigger pores on and around my nose (cheek area).

I've been using: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002CZ4LVA/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details

after my shower, which during, i use

http://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Oil-Free-Redness-Soothing-Scrub-4-2/dp/B002BWOY4S/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1330992173&sr=8-4

every other day. Is this too much for a light sensitive skinned person during the winter?

I also just bought: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000U5O650/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

But i am not sure how or when to use it to my advantage. When should I use this?

I read online today that a sunscreen lotion can also help with pores, should I look into that, and if so which one? or is it not worth buying? (being that I have light sensitive skin, i'm not 100% sure) and if I bought it, wouldnt it be too much on my skin at once?
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
You should most definitely without a doubt start to use sunscreen of at least SPF 30 every single day, rain or shine. The sunscreen is the one and only most important thing you can do to protect your skin from premature aging and skin cancer caused by the sun.

I have slightly oily acne prone skin and these are the sunscreens that I rotate through and I really like them and they don't cause me to breakout.
http://www.amazon.com/Olay-Complete-Moisturizer-Sunscreen--Sensitive/dp/B001F51TDG/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1361142639&sr=1-1&keywords=olay+sunscreen+spf+30
http://www.amazon.com/CeraVe-Moisturizing-Facial-Lotion-Ounce/dp/B003WN1ELQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1361142692&sr=1-1&keywords=cerave+am+spf+30
http://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Ageless-Intensives-Correcting-Moisture/dp/B002BWOY20/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1361142726&sr=1-1&keywords=neutrogena+tone+correcting This last one is my favorite, but it leaves the skin with a slight shine which I really like in the winter, but not so much in the summer.

Why are you using the Palmers Lotion? Is your skin dry? It seems better suited for dry skin and if you really like it, you can use it at night, but in the morning make sure you use sunscreen.
You can use the Toner after cleansing and before sunscreen or moisturiser. It's just a very average toner though and you might just be adding an extra step without any real benefit to your skin.
google5
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'll get the moisturizer + SPF definitely. sounds like a good idea for sensitive skin people like me!

I use the cocoa butter on my face to combat dead skin, big pores and with stretch marks that are on my biceps.

Anything to combat stretch marks? Or is cocoa the solution
Marcie
5% products discount

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
just a thought...I use Dr. Haushka skin care cleansing cream daily & it keeps my big pores really clear & clean with no secretion/dead skin build-up.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I also have light sensitive skin, and any acne leaves scars that take months to fade. I finally got the acne under control last year (thanks to Cosmedix) but had a few darker scars on my cheeks that just wouldn't fade. I came across the Ole Henriksen Power Peel and have been using it once a week for about 4 months with amazing results. I noticed a lightening of the scars within 2-3 weeks and the marks have all pretty much gone. I buy it here on EDS, but I've also seen it at Sephora.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/ole-henriksen-power-peel-p_15439.htm
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
google5 wrote:
I'll get the moisturizer + SPF definitely. sounds like a good idea for sensitive skin people like me!

I use the cocoa butter on my face to combat dead skin, big pores and with stretch marks that are on my biceps.

Anything to combat stretch marks? Or is cocoa the solution

OK, I think if your pores are enlarged then the cocoa butter would be making them worse. It is mainly our hormones that determine how much oil our oil glands produce and that might change during different periods of our life. So, if our hormones are telling our oil glands to produce too much oil, our pores would over time get larger to accommodate the flow of that extra oil. Sometimes the pores get clogged up with dead skin cells, bacteria and other debris and we get blackheads, whiteheads and acne. If your oil glands are producing too much oil and you are adding a very emollient cocoa butter moisturizer on top, I believe that would be making your pores even worse. I think you should stop using the Palmer's on your face. I believe you would benefit from something like this http://www.amazon.com/Proactiv-Solution-JUMBO-Super-Clarifying/dp/B002GOXELA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362369955&sr=8-1&keywords=proactiv+night+clarifying+cream
The salicylic acid would help exfoliate your skin and keep your pores clear. It will also help with the build up of dead skin on your face. This would be used at night and in the morning you would use the sunscreen (which you promise to get ASAP Smile )
As for the stretchmarks on your biceps - when did you get them? If you got them as a child or a teen, there's a possibility that they will go away on their own eventually. If you got them recently as an adult, I really don't know of anything that will get rid of them completely. The Palmers will help your skin stay well lubricated and moisturized, but it will not get rid of the stretchmarks. You can keep using it of course and make sure you massage it in really well. The massage is actually really good for your skin and might help more than the lotion. Some people have used a dermaroller on their stretch marks and report it's been very helpful. Visit the dermarolling thread in the DYI section and read more about it.

Good luck.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |