Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

chinese beauty supplements: PEARL POWDER capsules
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:19 am      Reply with quote
hello... im sure most of the asian people have heard of the beautifying benefits of pure pearl powders... many people say that it will make ur skin younger and fairer... has anybody experienced a DRAMATIC result from taking pearl capsules?? of does anybody have more info about this???
ming
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
my grandma would use that... but there are too many 'fake' ones that you won't know if they are real "pure pearl powders". I never try, however, I think it may be good but not "DRAMATICALLY" difference.

Rather, most ppl eat bird's nest which is more popular in HK than to use pearl powder. It will have significant improvement on skin and health overall...
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
bird's nest? what's that? is that like a herb? does it make the skin flawless? i tried pearl powders before (the real ones) and it worked ok, but i had to stop because it was kinda expensive. have u tried pearl creams? i ordered a pearl cream from china, called " DIEYE pearl cream".. the color is pink.. have u heard of it before? but i havent used it yet because i want to use the MITH milk whitener. Smile
ming
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
No, I never use Pearl cream, I help u ask my grandma next weekends....

I got very little info. in English... there are many type of bird's nests, and many benifits. When i got time later on, I help u search on more "English" version of Bird's Nest informaion. Here is the link:

[url=http://www.healthynest.com/e/swiftletnest.htm]http://www.healthynest.com/e/swiftletnest.htm[/url]
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the info link... but i still cannot beleive of eating a real BIRD's NEST?? what is so good about a bird's nest? isnt it made of twigs and others?? they mentioned swallow's nest?? are they serious? i was so shock... do you eat the whole nest from the bird? im so curios.. how does a nest taste like? anyway, pls do ask your grandma about pearl powder.. thanks!
Mabsy

Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
The actual nest is not eaten. While the product is called "Bird's Nest" it really refers to the saliva that is used by the male bird in the process of BUILDING the nest. The saliva is what helps hold the nest together; it forms a layer on the twigs inside the nest. It's this layer that is scraped off (and cleaned you'd hope!) before it's processed. It's supposedly rich in vitamins and protein. The downside is that effectively you are eating a bird's dried-up saliva! Ick! (Sorry if I grossed anyone out...)

Go and have a look at http://www.candrabirdsnest.com/process.php to see how it's done (warning: it looks a bit....well....unappetising!). This site also has a good description of what it is and what it can be used for. HTH!

And finally, to add my Au$0.02:

:P wouldn't you get the same improvement if you took some vitamin/protein supplements?

Surprised don't some birds carry disease?

:P some poor bird has been working (and salivating!) hard to build his home and you're destroying it!
ming
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
There are some farms that produce it. Also, it's like you won't feel sorry for the Chicken, when you eat it.... but there's a bit difference, we are not eating the birds itself...
Mabsy

Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
lol, yeah but I *like* the taste of chicken and there is no alternative to it. If there was no alternative to getting vitamins/proteins then I would probably eat bird's nest too, but to me the alternative is to take tablet-form supplements if my diet is defficient. The part about the hard working bird was a bit of a joke really Smile I'm more concerned with birds carying diseases and passing it on in their saliva; I'm not quite sure how companies get around that.

Just to clarify, I wasn't taking a swipe at anyone who chooses to eat Bird's Nest, it was just my own personal opinion that it seems to be nothing more than you can get out of normal supplements. Each to their own. Smile
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
ni hao ming! so what type of bird's nest are you taking? cos i researched on it and there are many kinds of it... how do u eat it? by soup?? can u tell me? but i dont plan to buy bird's nest, i'll just stick to pearl in the future and other beautifying secrets... Smile
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Bird's nest is a horrendously expensive supplement to maintain! You can get the super high quality bird's nest with all the tiny feathers removed so it's *pure* and thus high-grade and that would set you back by a few hundred for a tiny amount. I simply can't afford to consume this stuff on a regular basis and you do have to, to actually witness significant results. Now they have pre-prepared bird's nest that comes in jars but they're bloody expensive too. One day when I strike it rich, it'll be the only thing I'll ever eat besides broccoli, salmon and sweet potatoes coz these are all great for your skin. Sigh...if only I had all the $$$ in the world to splurge on skincare and skincare supplements. oh well...

hugs
fenn
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Oh and if anyone needs me to CP some pearl cream which is easily available here I'd be more than happy to do so. There're a couple of stuff I wanna get from the U.S that are not carried here too so if someone could help me CP I'd be forever grateful!

hugs
fenn
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
hi! where do u live? and also, what are the famous skin whitening products that chinese people use? also, whats the best pearl cream?
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Hiya,

The pearl cream I'm using now is from China and even I can't understand the chinese characters on the jar despite being Chinese myself haha.
I guess over here the most popular whitening brands are Shiseido, Kose and SkII.

hope this helps
fenn
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
hello! i bought a pearl cream (pink colored) from my friend and its called DIEYE PEARL CREAM. have u ever seen it?
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm...nope haven't heard of that one. But I suppose there are so many brands out there I wouldn't be able to know of them all...hehe. But i'm liking the one I'm using..makes my skin soft and velvety although it's abit thick. It's white in colour though...do keep us updated on how you're liking your knew cream!

take care
fenn
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I forgot to mention that Olay has a great and very inexpensive whitening line out here and I'm really loving the radiance lotion for day. It leaves my skin really nice looking so I just skip foundation and dust on some loose/pressed powder. I hope they won't ever discontinue it coz you know how P&G's habit of discontinuing their good stuff! bleh! ;p

fenn
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by fenn
Hmmm...nope haven't heard of that one. But I suppose there are so many brands out there I wouldn't be able to know of them all...hehe. But i'm liking the one I'm using..makes my skin soft and velvety although it's abit thick. It's white in colour though...do keep us updated on how you're liking your knew cream!

take care
fenn

does this pearl cream whiten your skin too?
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
LOOKING FOR MING!!!! hello ming?? where are you? did u forget about me? anyway, hope u still visit this website.. pls keep in touch!! thanks!Very Happy
asianwhiteskin

Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:22 pm      Reply with quote

HI WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO INVITE AND VISIT OUR WEBSITE. WE SUPPLY ALL KIDNS OF WHITENING PRODUCTS SUCH AS WHITENING PILLS, REDUCING PILLS(PHENTERMINE), PEARL CAPSULES, BREAST ENLARGER CREAM, WHITENING MASK, BLEACHING POWDER, JAPAN BLEACHING SALT, NIPPLE PINK , TEETH WHITENING KIT , ------------------ AND SO ON..

WE WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE CAN SUPPLY IN VOLUME ORDERS OF THIS PRODUCTS ESPECIALLY FOR MAJOR PRODUCTS WHICH ARE THE WHITENING PILLS, TEETH WHITENING KIT, DIET PILLS,KOREAN NAIL ART.

WE WILL ASSURE THAT OUR PRICE ARE AFFORDABLE AND EFFECTIVE. WE SHIP NATIONWIDE AND INTERNATIONAL.

FEEL FREE TO EMAIL US AT ASIANWHITESKIN@YAHOO.COM OR VISIT OUR WEBSITEWWW.ASIANWHITESKIN.COM

white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
thanks! i think i remember your company. i also heard that some company's are jelous of your comapny. is that right? well, btw thanks for the info Very Happy
bic145
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Hello eveyone,
I am using the PEARL POWDER capsules right now. Instead of taking it, I use the powder to make a facial mask. Some magazine recommends this. Just add some water into the powder and leave on the face for 5-10 min. The result is fairly good on me.
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for sharing! so, where did u buy your pearl powder?
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Smile
angela
5% products discount

Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:58 am      Reply with quote
I am not being discrimating here, but one should be skeptical for prodcuts from China. As a Chinese and frequnt traveller around China, I have heard and seen a lot of traps about the products of China.

About the pure pearl for whitening purpose, you may also try to use them as a mask: grind the pure pearl into powder, mix them with a little mineral water or distilled water to make a paste. Spread over the entire face or the areas needed. Use once or twice a week.
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
well, most of the fake pearl capsules sold in china are bought in those poor and rural places in china and other parts of asia. they certainly cannot make its way in the international trade of cosmetics Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |