Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Summary of Skincare Tools
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bacchus
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I've been lurking off and on for years .. but this is my first post.

I've been a bit overwhelmed by all the devices that are discussed here so have tried to categorize them in some way. I haven't seen a summary anywhere -- please let me know if I've missed it.

This is a work in progress!! I am nowhere close to finished, but thought I'd throw it out there just in case a) I'm wasting my effort because a similar list already exists and b) because I'm hoping some of you will take pity on me and help me out Smile

I copy/pasted this from another program and it looks like it's lost its formatting ... ugh. Oh well, I'll do my best to make it readable.

I welcome all feedback, edits, additions!

Manual, non-invasive
Simple exfoliation, surface stimulation/circulation
$ Microdermabrasion cloth
$ Dry brushing
$ Lyapko roller
$ generic silicone cups
$$ Vaculifter
$$ Generic glass cups

Exerciser
$ Facial-flex

Manual, invasive
Product penetration, collagen building, resurfacing/remodeling of scars
$ Dermaroller
$ Dermastamp
$ Needling

Electrical/Battery operated

Invasive
Product penetration, collagen building, resurfacing/remodeling of scars
$$$$ Dermapen

Exfoliation
$$ Clarisonic
$$ PMD
$$$ TimePeel

Ultrasound
Skin scrubbers/spatula exfoliation, product penetration
$ Generic, widely available
$$ Labelle
$$$ Ezzi peel
$$$ BT micro

Ultrasound massagers (lower mHz penetrates deeper...1mHz penetrates 2.3 to 5cm deep; 3mHz 0.8 to 1.6cm deep)
$$$$ Sqoom (1mHz)

LED
Depending on wavelength: acne reduction, collagen production, hyper pigmentation, joint/muscle healing, product penetration
$$ LightStim
$$ LEDman
$$ Sirius
$$$ Baby Quasar
$$$ DPL
$$$$ Quasar MD

Radio frequency
$$$$ Tripollar STOP
$$$$ Tripollar POSE

High frequency
Ozone therapy, hair growth
$-$$ Violet Ray (generic name)
$-$$ D'arsonval (generic name)
$$ Dermawand

Microcurrent (Subsensory, measured in micro amps)
Tightening, Lifting
$$$ Safetox (primarily upper face)
$$$ Nuface
$$$ FaceMaster
$$$ Tua tr'end
$$$ Tua viso
$$$$ CACI
$$$$ Beautiful Image

Galvanic (higher level of current than micro current, measured in milliamps)
???

Laser
Skin rejuvenation, wrinkles
$$$$ PaloVia (eye area)
$$$$ ReAura (face and body)

$ ........$49 or less
$$.......$50-$199
$$$.....$200-$499
$$$$...$500 and up
alabamagirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
As a newbie, I find this very cool and helpful! I'm also exploring device options. A couple of things you might want to add: for manual skin stimulation you can add a jade roller $. Mine just came in today from an ebay order and I like the feel of it. Also, I'm considering buying the ultra new plus device from Truth in Aging which features LED, ultrasound, and galvanic.

Like you, I'm a bit confused about the difference between galvanic and microcurrent, even after wading through the long threads. Maybe someone can offer a simple delineation between the two and which best helps for skin tightening.

Thanks for this!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
This looks fantastic, nice work! I can't think of a single thing to add.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Wow

I sooo appreciate the effort you have put in.

I've really been thing about trying dermawand (I like how its very portable), just not 100% yet, we'll see. Reviews are a bit mixed.

But thanks, this is fantastic Smile
alabamagirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
dione,

Just my 2 cents but I ordered the dermawand years ago from HSN. I tried it on my hand and it burned the crap out of me! It left a red line on my hand that took over two weeks before finally going away.

I've never been tempted to try another and marvel that some people do find them helpful. If you get one, experiment on your hand first.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bacchus, great idea for a thread.

I would like to add a few things.

Laser
$$$-$$$$ Tria

Exerciser
$ Ageless
$ Carolyn's facial fitness
$ Carole Maggio Facercise
$ Cynthia Rowland's facial magic
$ Tom Hagerty shape your face

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
alabamagirl, Ava with wings, and dionie ...
thanks so much for the kind words! It's nice to know my efforts at straightening out my own confusion is useful to others .. Laughing

I am organizationally challenged, so this is/was a big project for me ...

alabamagirl... thanks for the jade roller addition. I haven't figured out how to edit my first post so will add it once I do. Or, if editing isn't allowed (??), I'll add another post with revisions (I also want to make formatting changes). As for the Ultra New device .. yeah, I've been interested in that, too! But I didn't include it here simply because I wasn't sure how to deal with "hybrid" equipment. I do think it, along with other hybrids, definitely deserve to be on the list, so I'll initially just add a hybrid category, I guess. Until I figure out how better to categorize them, that is.

Did I already mention how organizationally challenged I am??

Can someone tell me how to edit my first post?

Thanks!
bacchus
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD,
Thanks!

I did have the Tria on the list and then went to their website to doublecheck (and find out price) and all I saw was their hair removal laser so I deleted it again, thinking I'd wait to make sure they actually do have a skin-rejuvenation laser. I guess they do!
I will definitely add it, once I can figure out how to edit my post. Otherwise I will repost with revisions.

As for the exercise programs ... I thought about including them but ultimately decided against it. Just an arbitrary decision, I guess. Nothing against facial exercise (I'm trying to decide which program will best fit my needs!)... but I decided to limit this to actual devices. But, hey, maybe our hands are our best devices ??? Wink
alabamagirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
bacchus,
The hybrid category sounds great. The only reason I haven't ordered the ultra renew plus is that everyone keeps saying NCN is coming out with a great microcurrent. The ultra device is currently sold out until mid-March. If NCN doesn't have anything by then, I'm ordering the ultra.

I'm surprised there isn't more posting on the jade rollers. Like I mentioned, I just got mine tonight. I applied a peptide serum and have been rolling my face with the cool stone and it is so refreshing. Guess I'm low-tech kind of gal. Laughing

Now I'm looking forward to my Lyapko roller arriving!

EDS is so dangerous to my pocketbook. Wink

p.s. I've been editing with the edit button located on the top right of the text window. Hope you find it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi alabamagirl!

I see the edit button on my most recent post, but not on the first post. I guess there's a time limit for editing ???

Tell me more about the jade roller! It seems like it might be cooling somehow. I wonder if a marble or stone roller would be the same ... Oh! I see you said it was cooling ... lol ... Rolling Eyes

My question on the Ultra Renew device (and similar hybrids) is whether the LED area is large enough to not drive you crazy. And will leave donut holes of un-led'd areas, wouldn't it? Shock
alabamagirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Doughnut holes? LOL I wouldn't think so. I actually own a very old DPL LED panel. The advantage is that it runs for 17 minutes and gets the face in one session. The disadvantage is that it's difficult to do the neck with a panel so a handheld would be easy to do that area while watching TV. The ultra also has green and blue lights which my panel does not.

I like the jade and think that during the summer (or a hot flash Bad Grin ) it will be especilly nice. It is double-ended, one side a smaller stone for the eyes and the other a larger for body. I'm kind of "into" crystals anyway. This was very inexpensive on ebay. Don't see how you could go wrong with this. Of course, I'm not expecting a miracle result, I just enjoy the way it feels and do believe the massage will help with product penetration.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
bacchus wrote:
Hi alabamagirl!

I see the edit button on my most recent post, but not on the first post. I guess there's a time limit for editing ???

I believe there is a 15 minute window for editing. HTHs! Smile
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, what a generous contribution to our community.

Thank you so much for compiling this information.

Really, really thank you...

BFG
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely think this post could go in the sticky thread here.

If you can't edit perhaps you can copy and paste the whole thing with any additional info. Most people would read through a post for more info.

Let me tell you, I doubt very much you are organisationally challenged. Takes organising skills to compile something like this Smile

Alabamagirl yeah still not sure about dermawand. Lots of mixed reviews. So far my only gadgets are LED, which I love, PMD, which I like, and micro current, which I'm unsure about. That's why I was thinking of a HF device since I don't really like the micro current. Dunno still.... Question
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Here my ideas on how to combine the devices that have been listed to get the best results.

http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/2013/03/02/treatment-layering-using-home-devices/

PQ

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |