Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eyezone Lifting Massager, Micro-Mini Current
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Yubs wrote:
I'm curious: what's the rationale for avoiding the lips/"area inside the NL folds"?

Because it is a circular muscle. It appears that it might be ok with separate probes, but maybe not a unit with fixed probes.

Quote:

The mouth and eye areas are circular muscles and need to be treated in accordance with the muscle direction. Microcurrent does travel so improvement will be seen around the mouth and eyes.

http://www.harvardderm.com/products/nuface/

That makes sense. The moves definitely could not be done without separate probes. thanks, bethany.

That said, I really like what microcurrent does around the mouth and to the lips. If you do have probes you can pinch your top lip between the tips of them and kind of "dandle" your lip a little bit (30 secs or so), starting at the corner and moving across (then repeat for lower lip). Doing this really can help impart some short-term volume. Dunno if it lasts over time because I haven't been with microcurrent long enough, but think I've seen an overall improvement in volume. Gloves can do it, too (just use the fingers of opposite hand), but the wands are better.

@bethany--a question: you seem to have gotten some pretty good results from microcurrent in a short amount of time. Do you take vitamin and mineral supplements (particularly mineral)? Just wondering.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:

@bethany--a question: you seem to have gotten some pretty good results from microcurrent in a short amount of time. Do you take vitamin and mineral supplements (particularly mineral)? Just wondering.

No, not regularly at all (though I should, I know). The only things I take are Vit D, progesterone, and a thyroid med. and Viviscal when I remember. Do you think it could be due to hydration levels? I have been very focused on my skin routine, and the Epionce products are focused on skin barrier repair and hydration, plus they have some kind of advanced delivery system...I can definitely feel a difference in my skin since I started using them.

I am personally surprised that I saw improvement so quickly, and with a $14 device. But I am not complaining!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I would speculate hydration. But Viviscal does have some zinc and iron in it, too. Those could help with electrical conductivity in the tissues.

Also, how's your salt intake? Do you restrict or are you liberal with it?

Just trying to form a reasonable "hypothesis" (I use that word loosely and not in the strict scientific sense) as to why some people respond well to microcurrent very quickly and others not so much. It could be just a very individual physiological thing, but it would be much nicer if there was a more easily noticeable common denominator.

Whatever, glad you had good results!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely restrict salt.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Well, there goes my minerals theory. Dang. Thanks a bunch! Razz Laughing

Hydration it is!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Well, there goes my minerals theory. Dang. Thanks a bunch! Razz Laughing

Hydration it is!

Sorry!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
With regard to using microcurrent around the mouth - I used to have a student training DVD which said to avoid the area inside of the nasiolabial folds. This has also been mentioned in the instructions of my other microcurrent devices. Which makes me wonder why everyone is using the Pico on their lips.

Keliu - I can answer that for you. Maybe you didn't watch the training dvd that came with the Pico toner. Patricia shows the gloves being used on top, bottom and across lips and specifically states on the dvd that it will plump the lips.
The Pico instructions obviously allow for lip plumping and widening of lip structure. That is why we are using Pico on our lips. Hope this helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Yes Sis! This works to plump up lips no doubt, but also I like using it at the lips corners to turn them up. Works fantastic!! With black glove on top push up with index finger at upper lip corner, then place red glove index finger at lower lip corner push up strong and hold for 30 seconds. Works really, really fast!!! My lip corners were already turned up due to Carole Maggio's Lip lift exercise, BUT this really enhances that look!!! I'm lovin it!!! ~ Aprile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the education, ladies.

So let's move back to the purpose of this thread which is the EyeZone or the BioWave, since there are already several dedicated threads for the Pico and Carol Maggio. I hope that's ok with everyone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
So I was reading on another site that micro current transfers, so even if we don't treat those exact muscles around the mouth, we will still see some benefits. Great news, especially since I purchased a much cheaper product knowing that I would have less functionality.

I haven't ruled out a larger unit down the road with probes, but I don't regret this purchase one bit. In fact, I am going to go use it right now!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
So I was reading on another site that micro current transfers, so even if we don't treat those exact muscles around the mouth, we will still see some benefits. Great news, especially since I purchased a much cheaper product knowing that I would have less functionality.

I haven't ruled out a larger unit down the road with probes, but I don't regret this purchase one bit. In fact, I am going to go use it right now!

I don't see why you can't use this unit the same way around the mouth area like I mentioned... just place one pronged end at nose corner and one at lip corner... then press and push up. You can *probably* lift up the lip corners that way... In fact, if the unit is really effective like you say, it should work like a charm! Wink
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
bethany wrote:

I don't see why you can't use this unit the same way around the mouth area like I mentioned... just place one pronged end at nose corner and one at lip corner... then press and push up. You can *probably* lift up the lip corners that way... In fact, if the unit is really effective like you say, it should work like a charm! Wink

Considering what it has done for my forehead and marionette lines, it very may. But since it hasn't done much for my eyes, it may not. But I'll give it a try next time!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Note to self: make sure the unit power is on before doing a treatment, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Pardon Bethany! I meant no harm to the thread. I was responding to Keliu regarding use of microcurrent in the lip area. I considered that topic to be applicable to the subject of use with your machine.

Keliu was of the belief that all microcurrent literature said lips were a NoNo and I was providing a viewpoint from Pico (NeurotriS)that was a contrast (Looks like Yubs said the same thing about the Beautiful Image machine).. and ...Lo and Behold you may just give it a try now! Hopefully it will work for you. Working with the lips works great for me with my device. It was one of the first things I noticed. Wishing you success.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany...

so are you now saying the biowave hasnt done much for your eyes?

Or were you referring to it has worked for brows not eyes as you replied to me earlier.

I want one and at that price SHOULD get one just trying my facemaster again to see if i can get better results at lower number

THANKS
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
Hi Bethany...

Or were you referring to it has worked for brows not eyes as you replied to me earlier.

I want one and at that price SHOULD get one just trying my facemaster again to see if i can get better results at lower number

THANKS

It lifts my brows for a short period, but doesn't really seem to last. And I have seen zero improvement (yet) on my eyelids. But the forehead, glabella, and Marionette lines are improved.

I will most likely spring for something with probes down the road just to better treat my eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:10 am      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
Hi Bethany...

THANKS

Btw, it seems like this device would be a major step down from your Facemaster! I wouldn't buy this if I already owned that one.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Oh ok. I had read facemaster might not be true microcurrent. Even at its lowest setting I can feel it and my muscles move.

I have had that ebay site saved on my computer ever since reading your original post. Wink I guess with as much as I've alreafdy spent on gadgets I don't want to waste even $13 now.

So I've been waiting for more reviews....

Thanks
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
Oh ok. I had read facemaster might not be true microcurrent. Even at its lowest setting I can feel it and my muscles move.

I have had that ebay site saved on my computer ever since reading your original post. Wink I guess with as much as I've alreafdy spent on gadgets I don't want to waste even $13 now.

So I've been waiting for more reviews....

Thanks

I don't blame you one bit! I had read that about the Facemaster, but I wasn't sure it was true or not.

BTW, I was reading up on MC tonight, and most everything I read said that you should only do it every 3 days at the most, which really reduces the need for a travel unit unless you are going on a week+ trip. Based on that, I am cutting back to every 3 days instead of every other day, plus I am keeping the intensity at a level low enough that I don't feel it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
I alternate microcurrent - P1 one day (lifting program with different signatures applied) and P2 the next. I use a different *use* protocal with P1 and P2. Plus I use different times depending upon what my availability is and what is going on in my life.
I like having pico. I am more in control of my sagging muscles... Laughing

I didn't know it should only be used every 3 days. Beth - can you post this study for me? I tend to use it more frequently but I do know to be aware if my intensity is too high

Thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:07 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I didn't know it should only be used every 3 days. Beth - can you post this study for me? I tend to use it more frequently but I do know to be aware if my intensity is too high

Thank you.

I was reading guidance articles on usage, but they weren't necessarily studies. But I'll see if I bookmarked any of them and post for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Interesting. As with pretty much everything skin (except moisture!) it seems less is more. Bummer for me as I so love the effect my little gadget has on the puffy eyes I could do a little daily or every second day or so treatment for sure.

What I can't believe is I went all these years desperate for something that helped puffy eyes, something, anything! There was nothing I could find, and even these devices don't really list that they help this in any major way. Now within the space of a couple of months I have found two ultra cheap gadgets that are more or less miraculous on them - cheap eBay ultrasound and this little microcurrent gadget. They seem to stimulate the lymph to just drain right away with a five minute or so treatment on both sides. I wouldn't give either up now, but of course want to use them safely. I just wish I had discovered them sooner. All those days I could have felt better about myself instead of being concerned about those blasted eyebags....

Not sure if anyone else has this annoying problem and are finding relief also with their little devices?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I love what it does for lymph drainage under my eyes too!

Here is an article I just found that recommends every 3 days, but says doing it more frequently will not hurt. I think the key is to keep the current low if you are using it daily.

Quote:
Microcurrent will continue to stimulate ATP levels for 70 hours after treatment. For this reason, it is suggested that you perform the treatment no more than once every three days. Additional treatments will not hurt the client, but are unnecessary. More current is not better and can actually decrease ATP levels because of the overstimulation of cells, so do not tamper with the machine to increase frequency above the manufacturer’s suggested levels.

http://www.skininc.com/treatments/equipment/128608083.html?page=3

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Most salons that offer microcurrent recommend waiting at least 48 hours between treatments. At the beginning of a series of 10 or so treatments they have you come in twice a week the first couple of weeks then once a week till your done with your initial round.

After your initial round you are suppose to be able to only go once a month or so to keep up the results.

I have no idea how these little machines compare to salon machines. So I am not recommending the same schedule. Just giving this information more as a FYI.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I just checked the NuFace site to see what they say:

Quote:
NuFACE is safe and gentle enough for everyday use, either morning or night. We recommend using NuFACE once in a 24-hour period, for 5-20 minutes per treatment. For the first 90 days we recommend using NuFACE 5 times per week; after 90 days or after desired results are met, we recommend 2-3 times per week for maintenance.

I would assume that you are getting a much more comprehensive, full face (aka all muscles) treatment at a salon from someone trained in manipulating all 32 facial muscles. There is just no way that we can replicate that at home without more extensive training and tools that have adjustable frequencies, etc.

So maybe we are able to have less of an impacts (and less damage) on our own with the limited home tools, therefore it is ok to use daily?

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |