Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Caci or Nu face?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
VioletBaudelaire

Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I've been reading all the threads about micro current and am keen to buy an at home device, but am quite confused by all the information and the differing opinions!
I wonder, can anyone help me choose between the Nu Face classic and the new Caci machine? One is quite a bit cheaper!
I live in the UK, so some of the devices I've read about on here are not easily available. I can get the Nuface online, but I can buy the Caci in John Lewis instore.
I haven't found anywhere I can get the Nuface Trinity, just the original one. It seems a lot of places no longer sell these (like Qvc)
I also considered the Tua Trend, but I now gather that's EMS rather than micro current?
My issues, incidentally, are loss of facial volume and sagging neck. I have had some illnesses which have played havoc with my looks in a short time Crying or Very sad
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
NuFace sucks, just sayin' Sad

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering the same which one to get Kassy can you suggest anything else? Why you dont like Nu face? Will appreciate the help and input how about Dr.Lancer's microcurrent device with geranium?

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
simpleMD wrote:
I was wondering the same which one to get Kassy can you suggest anything else? Why you dont like Nu face? Will appreciate the help and input how about Dr.Lancer's microcurrent device with geranium?

There is a lot of good information on Nuface and other MC devices, why not have a search around EDS.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Do not waste your time/money on NuFace. I sold min e a long time ago as it was simply useless.

What results are you trying to achieve?
VioletBaudelaire

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Just a very slight lift and hopefully some volume.I have been ill and my face looks thinner. I have read all the threads already, just wanted a comparison of the two I mentioned
VioletBaudelaire

Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:32 am      Reply with quote
OK I can reply properly now (my laptop died the day after I originally posted, and I was trying to reply using my phone, which wasn't very successful)

I have read a lot of good comments about the Nuface (both on this site and a couple of others) so I thought it was generally quite liked, though not as advanced as the more expensive ones)Thanks for your opinions though, looks like I should go for the Caci if I'm choosing one of the two.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:16 am      Reply with quote
I think it fair to say that feedback on this site about nuface are mixed, with the balance weighing in favour of the positive.
Its always good to bear in mind the age of who is giving feedback, also, times beyond number I have read feedback of terrific disapointment only to find out that the person speaking is too young to have needed the product at all. Equally often negative reviews come from those who later admit they failed to persevere with a product. Imo reading reviews is an art in itself, to try to figure out whst is actually useful to oneself.
The caci also has mixed reviews. Wink
Sorry there is no definitive winner... skincare doesnt seem to work that way. What works for one, will not work for another..
VioletBaudelaire

Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou Catski. Yes, I've been trying to "read between the lines" a bit when reading reviews.
I know these things, generally speaking, give quite subtle results, but that's all I think I need anyway.
A lot of people on here seemed to really like Nuface (maybe only until they found something better?) so I was surprised at the negative comments, and it always surprise me to read a review on ANYTHING where the person admits they only used it for a short time as anything like this (or skincare) usually takes a while to see real results..
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:35 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I think it fair to say that feedback on this site about nuface are mixed, with the balance weighing in favour of the positive.
Its always good to bear in mind the age of who is giving feedback, also, times beyond number I have read feedback of terrific disapointment only to find out that the person speaking is too young to have needed the product at all. Equally often negative reviews come from those who later admit they failed to persevere with a product. Imo reading reviews is an art in itself, to try to figure out whst is actually useful to oneself.
The caci also has mixed reviews. Wink
Sorry there is no definitive winner... skincare doesnt seem to work that way. What works for one, will not work for another..

Catski is saying something here that needs to be posted on every thread....after years of reading this forum and posting her take is perfect! As far as the nuface I posted that it was a total waste of money shortly after I got it about five years ago. I left it in a drawer and in Nov. of 2011 I started to throw it away and decided to give it a whirl after an esty on this forum explained the fact that lower current (not causing muscle twitching)was the better approach. I used to think zapping with high current to get a muscle contraction was the best. After revisiting the device I realized it was a great tool for me. I have a fuller face and it nicely lifts the cheeks.....But i also use other microcurrent devices.I have friends that have used it and out of 8, five like it a lot and three had no success with it. Most of the time the thinner faces don't do as well with this device.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou for replying Toby. I did read your posts, and know you know a lot about the subject!
My face isn't thin, it's just thinner than it was (I'm naturally slim and never put weight on, but have always had quite a full heart shaped face)
Still on the fence, but think I might go for the Caci, as it's a respected name (bearing in mind that the home device will not different to the prefessional one of course)I can only afford one device, and wanted to get one that was generally well thought of (and of course, I realize that nothing works for every person, whether it be things like this, skincare, haircare etc)
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Toby - for those with thinner faces, you mentioned they didn't have much success with the Nuface. Did they also happen to try your BI machine and get results from that?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:26 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
Hi Toby - for those with thinner faces, you mentioned they didn't have much success with the Nuface. Did they also happen to try your BI machine and get results from that?

Yes all have responded well to BI and also the Pico toner. I have one friend that is thin....actually way too thin and she has next to no facial fat. When I first started treatments on her I would cringe because it was like laying a wand on nothing but bones. I had a conversation with her last month about how her face has gotten more volume to it and her body weight is the same. She told me she can really tell the difference visually but also in how it feels as she applies skincare and makeup. She has been having treatments for 10 months at this point.she was one that didn't see any change with the nuface however she has with the Pico toner and she plans to order one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:

Yes all have responded well to BI and also the Pico toner. I have one friend that is thin....actually way too thin and she has next to no facial fat. When I first started treatments on her I would cringe because it was like laying a wand on nothing but bones. I had a conversation with her last month about how her face has gotten more volume to it and her body weight is the same. She told me she can really tell the difference visually but also in how it feels as she applies skincare and makeup. She has been having treatments for 10 months at this point.she was one that didn't see any change with the nuface however she has with the Pico toner and she plans to order one.

Thank you! This is not what my credit card wanted to hear! I am now lemming after the pico. Nuface didn't do anything for me. Those gloves are sounding really useful.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |