Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin peeling on nose
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:33 am      Reply with quote
No matter what I put from Cerave, vaseline, mother's nipple cream, First aid Repair balm,etc., the skin on my nose peels and is flaky.
I have a Clarisonic, do not put any type of acid or retinol product on it and use tons of sunscreen (which I am very seldom out of the house these days we are so busy).
Any ideas of what to try? My derm and all the estheticians throughout the years tell me its thin skin and prone to dryness. Got it, but what to treat it with?
I also am big on supplements, Omegas, green smoothies etc. and eat very healthy, plus workout daily.
I just want to know if anyone else has this issue and what I might do to get it under control?
Thanks!

Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
For my skin problem i have use a natural organic skin care product and skin is so bright and more shinny than.you will try its i believe that its may be delete your problem.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am going thought this now and it is annoying! I am naturally quite oily. It has been suggested that oily skin with dry flakes (especially in areas that are more oily) could be seborrihich dermatitis. My nose and chin are the worst.

I can't really offer advice at this time as I am on a mad detective hunt. I have eliminated a lot of skin care items for now and will be keeping careful logs. I am at the basics of cleansing, moisturizer and sunscreen moisturizer during the day. (All my actives are put away for now.)

All I can suggest, (and this is easier said than done) is indentify your triggers and eliminate them.

If anyone on this board has been diagnosed with SD or seborrich (spelling?) dermatitis
I would be interested in reading anything you have.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
hasan wrote:
For my skin problem i have use a natural organic skin care product and skin is so bright and more shinny than.you will try its i believe that its may be delete your problem.

Are you trying to get your post count up?

"natural organic" is not always better. Botanicals can be irritating to sensitive skin or skin conditions such as roscea. You have mentioned "natural organic" skincare in at least two of your posts.

You don't say what products you are using so how can this solve the problem?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I am also trying Mother's Nipple cream which is all natural and organic. I have also used, emu, argan and sea buckthorn oil to no avail.
I had a sample of something that was by prescription that my SIL gave me and it did work, just cannot remember what it was and I don't have the tube anymore. It actually worked but it has been a while.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, Mother's Love is the brand. Anyway, need to get some biafine but I am all out! That always helped, but it is RX.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 03, 2013 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problem - oily/combination skin, but dry flaky nose!

I feel that my skin is dehydrated and started using all kind of moisture mask. It helps a little but didn't solve the problem. Then I got an ionic/galvanic facial equipment (it is a Japanese machine called Hitachi Hada Crie). I am using plain Aubrey organics aloe vera gel with the +ve program (pushing moisture in). I haven't seen my flaky nose for a while. Very Happy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 04, 2013 8:38 am      Reply with quote
So the Hitachi Hada Crie sounds interesting. Is it a cleansing machine? I tried to look it up on Amazon but still am not sure.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 04, 2013 10:35 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
So the Hitachi Hada Crie sounds interesting. Is it a cleansing machine? I tried to look it up on Amazon but still am not sure.

The Japanese are really mysterious, they never tell you how exactly the machine works. But I got a feeling it it must be similar to the NuSkin Galvanic Spa. you use -ve ion to push the dirt out of your skin and use +ve to help moisture/skincare products penetrate. If you search for Hada Crie on you tube, you might find a few good English reviews.

Winnie
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 04, 2013 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
winewine wrote:
AnnieR wrote:

The Japanese are really mysterious, they never tell you how exactly the machine works. But I got a feeling it it must be similar to the NuSkin Galvanic Spa. you use -ve ion to push the dirt out of your skin and use +ve to help moisture/skincare products penetrate. If you search for Hada Crie on you tube, you might find a few good English reviews.

Winnie

Here's a review in English:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvbUml_Ucvo

And some pictures on the HK Site: http://www.hitachi-hk.com.hk/en/features_highlight/index_id_11.html

I'm thinking of getting the Hitachi Hada Crie Cool model but don't know if it's worth $250 or does a better job than a Clarisonic and patting the toner in manually. I cut down Clarisonic usage from daily to 1 or 2 x a week due to overexfoliation (using tretinoin, SK-II and other products that also exfoliate). But my skin is the cleanest with the Clarisonic and products absorb better so would like to find a more gentle substitute.

Does anyone have one?
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 04, 2013 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I see you have a Hada, Winnie. Which model do you have and is it worth buying?

Sorry - couldn't edit my post above.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 04, 2013 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
No matter what I put from Cerave, vaseline, mother's nipple cream, First aid Repair balm,etc., the skin on my nose peels and is flaky.
I have a Clarisonic, do not put any type of acid or retinol product on it and use tons of sunscreen (which I am very seldom out of the house these days we are so busy).
Any ideas of what to try? My derm and all the estheticians throughout the years tell me its thin skin and prone to dryness. Got it, but what to treat it with?

I also have thin dry skin. My nose and cheek peel from tretinoin and overexfoliating. I have reduced exfoliating drastically (cut out daily Clarisonic and most AHA products). My nose peels the most so I got Mandom Barrier Repair Repair Concentrate Serum and this really plumps up the skin. Maybe I will post a review in the products section. Highly recommend and is reasonably priced.
winewine
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 05, 2013 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
Oh I see you have a Hada, Winnie. Which model do you have and is it worth buying?

Sorry - couldn't edit my post above.

hi denisiel,

I have the CM-N810-P. it doesn't have the cooling function. but i heard the cooling function doesn't do much more than a frozen spoon.

I also use my Clarisonic every other day. I used to have major black heads and peeling problems on my nose, but using the Clarisonic and the hada crie together has definitely helped. i can barely see my pores now and my skin always looks supple and clear.

my hada crue has 4 functions: -ve ion pushes dirt out, micro patting prepare the skin for moisturing, +ve ion pushes moisture into skin, last function can be used with any moisture mask to help absorption. the only thing is, you need to make sure all products are alcohol free.
winewine
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 05, 2013 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
sorry, I am out of town and the edit function doesn't work on my tabket.

I purchased mine direct from AMAZON.CO.JP, it cost me JPY11000 (usd 110). then i used tenso. com to forward it from JAPAN, they charged me around $35usd for the service. still way cheaper than buying from amazon. com
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 05, 2013 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
winewine wrote:
sorry, I am out of town and the edit function doesn't work on my tabket.

I purchased mine direct from AMAZON.CO.JP, it cost me JPY11000 (usd 110). then i used tenso. com to forward it from JAPAN, they charged me around $35usd for the service. still way cheaper than buying from amazon. com

Thanks for the details Winnie! Hong Kong Groupon has the Cool for about $200 or your model for $125 - I may go for your model as I use sheet masks. The main blocker is that each setting should be used for five minutes and cumulatively that's 20 min. twice a day.

Do you cleanse with the Clarisonic and the Hada or just use the other functions on the Hada? Seems like the moisture function must work well if it stopped your peeling - this is enough to make me pull the trigger!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 06, 2013 7:49 am      Reply with quote
The Clarisonic has not been helping me but I might look into this!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 06, 2013 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Annie,

The main purpose of the Hada CriE is to remove dirt and dead skin (barriers preventing moisture soaking into skin). Then moisturize with preservative free moisturizer. I feel that petroleum products like Vaseline covers the skin so no moisture escape, but for for us who need the moisture, we need water base products that add extra moisture to the skin.

Winnie
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 09, 2013 12:57 am      Reply with quote
I have the same problem.Now I use Jane Scrivner Balance to massage over my face in the night.It looks a little better than ever.
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 10, 2013 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Whenever I get peeling nose skin (or anywhere else on my face) I slap on a lotion mask as instructed by Chizu Saeki...basically cotton pads soaked in liquid (I use rose water or spray mineral water) then applied to where ever I'm dry for a few minutes so the liquid has a chance to really soak into the skin rather than dry in the air. I apply moisture afterwards. There is a youtube how-to. It's a simple method that has worked really well for me.

That and a bit of extra exfoliation in whatever area I'm treating.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 13, 2013 8:02 am      Reply with quote
So the method of thinking is that maybe the Vaseline isn't helping and I should use something else to get it to penetrate.
I am on it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 23, 2013 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Everyone needs exfoliation; even those with dry skin. Perhaps that is the issue?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 24, 2013 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Could be, the flakes do build up but I try to not scrub as to overdo it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
It is better to remove flakes by massaging oil into the area rather than scrubbing it. Then remove oil by warm gentle washcloth. This is a temporary solution to remove flakes gently.

Applying lotion mask is a good idea. It may soften peelies. Unfortunately, I do not know how to treat it.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I am currently trying the Tarte Marajuco oil, which I love. I just have been letting it soak in. I will try rubbing it off with a washcloth, great idea! Let's see if it helps!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:23 am      Reply with quote
What a totally odd predicament! That'd drive me nuts.

One thing that comes to mind is something I read in a thread here about coconut oil, where the poster had used it on her dry calves & feet and found that her facial skin seemed more moisturized as a result. I also suspect that I have more of a glow on my face when I ingest a teaspoon of coconut oil or use it on my scalp.
I have oily skin, so this isn't particularly ideal for me, but I don't mind it so much since its feels like such a light, lovely oil, not a "sludgy" type.

They say that unlike other oils, coconut oil particles are small enough to be absorbed, so why not travel throughout the body?

It might be all in my head, but perhaps something to consider. Good luck AnnieR! Smile

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |