Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Other tools used in addtion to Micro-current
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
wolfmama
5% products discount

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I have a question for all of you experts that use Micro-current in addition to other tools such as Red LED, Ultrasonic, Vaculifter, etc.

I am having great success with the Pico Toner and wondered if these other tools are necessary. Do they offer other benefits that micro-current can't tackle?
Lynxette
5% products discount

Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, wolfmama, I've been wondering about the same thing, especially since I have all this stuff, much of wich is not getting used anymore. Which really makes me feel bad, thinking about the money spent und the space all these gadgets take up. My husband once called me at work and said, honey, another parcel just came for you, do you want to unwrap it or should I just stuff it under the bed right away?

I still use the vaculifter once in a while for circulation and a nice rosey complexion. I have the sqoom that can plump up the face nicely, but the Hya gel is really expensive, so I use it mostly for deep cleaning.
The pose - withering away in some drawer. LED - I use when I have a cold. And there must be a wellbox somewhere around here. Not to forget, I recently got the Dermaroller stuff. But I do use that on scars, and the Vit.C and A at night alternating with regular skin care, that works fine for me.

Since I feel really good about what microcurrent has done in just 3 treatments and it's so easy to use, I stick to it right now and lavish on all the good stuff I have after treatment, copper peptides etc.

Still feel bad about all the stuff lying around unused. I'd have no qualms giving it away, but I can't just toss it all out.
winewine
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:59 am      Reply with quote
wolfmama wrote:
I have a question for all of you experts that use Micro-current in addition to other tools such as Red LED, Ultrasonic, Vaculifter, etc.

I am having great success with the Pico Toner and wondered if these other tools are necessary. Do they offer other benefits that micro-current can't tackle?

Hi Wolfmama,

I haven't got one of those professional microcurrent machine, I only have a refa carat roller which claims to deliver microcurrent when rolling it over the skin.

I have been layering ionic/galvanic treatment and LED before my mini microcurrent treatment. I have got very good result since I use the refa. I haven't been using the refa alone - did't dare to. But I think the galvanic treatment helps deep cleansing the skin and replenish moisture. My red/oragne LED helps plumping the skin and healing scars. And microcurrent shrinks my pores.

Winnie
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Lynxette wrote:
My husband once called me at work and said, honey, another parcel just came for you, do you want to unwrap it or should I just stuff it under the bed right away?

I got to say this made me laugh. Laughing My husband says the same thing. Except my gadgets just sit on an extra bathroom counter.

I do think you get extra benefits from using different machines but sometimes things just lose their newness/thrill and get dumped by the wayside. Then somebody will rave about a gadget that I have and I will pull it out of the drawer only to realize there is a reason I don't use it anymore. The thing doesn't work on my skin. After all the time, effort and money I have spent since joining EDS there are very few gadgets I can say have been worth the money and I would still buy again today.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Lynxette wrote:
My husband once called me at work and said, honey, another parcel just came for you, do you want to unwrap it or should I just stuff it under the bed right away?

I must say like Cookie I laughed out loud when I read this. I even showed my hubby. It must be a common thing with us. Maybe we should rename this thread LOL! Substitute bed with anyplace we throw our unused gadgets. For me it is the closet.I can say without a doubt I won't banish my micro-current machine to the closet. It works wonders.

@Lynxette I actually just ordered the Vaculifter today because I heard it is great for lymph drainage. My understanding is that micro-current works even better after draining the lymph. If you are already seeing results after three treatments that must mean you respond really well. I actually do too. All I can say is it gets better and better with consistent use. It truly amazes me. If anything is like the fountain of youth micro-current is it!

@Winewine Glad to hear you are getting good results with the Refa Carat! I remember reading your review when you originally posted it. It sounds like a nice tool. I have been considering LED for hyperpigmentation.

@CookieD I know what you mean about things losing their thrill. I need to stop being so impulsive with gadgets. I can say all the micro-current gadgets I owned worked, the best being the Pico-Toner.

Thanks for all of your feedback!! Smile
Lynxette
5% products discount

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
wolfmama, thanks for the tip with the lymph drainage, I do that now before treatments. I do a lot of outdoor sports on the weekends, and then usually wake with baggy eyes on Monday. I do the drainage with fingers and with the Vaculifter, glad to get more use out of it.

The one thing you learn acquiring beauty devices: never toss the original wrapping. When I got the first machines/gadgets, I immediately discarded the boxes, which means I could't resell them later when they showed only little results on me. I just thought, well this is the ultimate thing, I'll never get rid of it. Now I keep everything, even the Pico box, although I’m totally in love with it...
wolfmama
5% products discount

Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:48 am      Reply with quote
No problem Lynxette. We are all here to help each other Smile I found the original quote from Christine Byer from another thread. Here it is:

girltwocb wrote:
Hi Carol,

Well, when I do facial cupping, I do it first because it warms up the skin and muscles nicely for the mc. The microcurrent "takes" really well after cupping. It seems mc treatments are easier and faster AFTER cupping. Plus, since the cupping clears away all the lymph (cellular waste) the muscles are already prepared and ready to receive the mc without any hindrances. At least that's the way I see it.

BUT if you had to do it the other way, with mc first, it would be just like working out really hard and then getting a massage right after. I don't know if it would undo the mc -I don't think so. But intuitively I would do it the other way around, cupping first then mc.

PQ, your turn.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6471186#6471186

My Vaculifter arrives this week Woohoo!
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
lynxette - your husband is hysterical - i read another one of his remarks on the pico thread (i think)

as for gadgets, i don't feel pressed to use any now that im doing MC...maybe that'l change
Lynxette
5% products discount

Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
So I’m using the Vacu before microcurrent now, and I haven't been that happy with my face in a long time. This really works!

@moongoddess, yeah, my husband is a character. We've been together 20 years, and he makes me laugh every day (even though I'm the butt of many of his jokes). here's one: what does a woman married for 20 years say when she looks in the mirror in the morning? "Serves him right!"
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 01, 2013 2:55 am      Reply with quote
I think yamuna face rolling really offers something special. Its a deep ironing out of the underlying structure of the face, so that anything we do on top, on a more superficisl level, will have a more open and relaxed foundation.

I love light stim for giving the skin a creamy smoothness and glow.

Reaura laser is just the bomb for removing sun damage and skin rejuvenation.
bodyskincare
5% products discount

Wed May 08, 2013 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Micro current works on the facial muscles, which is really good to relax and stimulate them. That's it's main advantage, which is a good one!

For the best possible results it is worth combining micro current with ultrasound. The galvanic current in ultrasound deep cleanses the skin, right down to the tissue (called 'deincrustation' in facial treatments - I used to perform these all the time).

So this will remove skin blockages and clear out toxins. Secondly, it delivers nutrients to the skin and stimulates the cells, strengthening them as it does.

Micro current to improve the facial muscles, and ultrasound to improve the skin tone! You're covering your bases really well there Smile

What it delivers is clear, glowing skin and helps with overall tone. Combine this with micro current and you have a pretty awesome result to show Smile

Red LED plumps your skin, detoxifies and increases collagen.

SO add this is with the other two treatments, and what else would you want?!

If you're using a micro current machine at home, and are looking at a good home machine for ultrasound I'd recommend the Fyola Lite. This one uses galvanic current as well as Red LED, so you it's the best value and will give the best results.
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 09, 2013 8:40 am      Reply with quote
bodyskincare wrote:

If you're using a micro current machine at home, and are looking at a good home machine for ultrasound I'd recommend the Fyola Lite. This one uses galvanic current as well as Red LED, so you it's the best value and will give the best results.

What about those machines on eBay? They have dermabrasion, ultrasound n other stuff would they work? I just bought the pico, I want to buy the tria n can't afford another expensive machine.

5% products discount

Fri May 10, 2013 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
@bodyskincare, thanks for your post. I have started treatments with the Pico Toner recently and it gives me nice results. I also own the Sqoom, but since I got the Pico, I was unsure how to integrate that with the microcurrent. Can you just layer them? I use the Pico in the morning mostly, can I just follow up with a Sqoom treatment? Or should I do one in the morning, one at night? I also have an LED panel. Any tips on how to fit that into the mix?
Thank you!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 11, 2013 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hey ladies! Remember to hydrate,hydrate, hydrate!!! before and after all your devices.
Re: ultrasound units - Toby gave me a lead on a very inexpensive one off ebay. She and her friends are using them. FWIW: Toby used to have the old Fyola (and liked it) and doesn't particular care for the Fyola lite.

Now I'm curious about using a vaculifter before Pico Toner.

5% products discount

Sun May 12, 2013 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Lynxette wrote:
@bodyskincare, thanks for your post. I have started treatments with the Pico Toner recently and it gives me nice results. I also own the Sqoom, but since I got the Pico, I was unsure how to integrate that with the microcurrent. Can you just layer them? I use the Pico in the morning mostly, can I just follow up with a Sqoom treatment? Or should I do one in the morning, one at night? I also have an LED panel. Any tips on how to fit that into the mix?
Thank you!

Hey Lynxette,

I would alternate between the treatments either daily or AM/PM. Since they are both quite stimulating and are making a difference to skin tissues, it'd be best for your skin to receive the benefits of each one, and let your skin rest a bit before doing the next.

I'm basing this on the fact in professional facials we wouldn't use more than one treatment/machine at a time, as layering them wouldn't contribute any more to the benefits and might be over stimulating for certain skins.

This will also save you time in the morning Smile I'd lean more towards alternating days but that's up to you, see how your skin feels and reacts.

Perhaps use the Red LED light with the SQOOM as these two systems work well together and are often incorporated into the same machine, which is why the Fyola Lite is a good recommendation as it uses both.

Just remember that consistent treatments at good intervals are better than too many treatments at once, so just see how your skin feels, looks and reacts, and adjust as you need.

I hope that helps!! Smile
bodyskincare
5% products discount

Mon May 13, 2013 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hasnaa wrote:
bodyskincare wrote:

What about those machines on eBay? They have dermabrasion, ultrasound n other stuff would they work? I just bought the pico, I want to buy the tria n can't afford another expensive machine.

Hey Hasnaa,

I never buy any skin care product or facial machines from Ebay. Here my top concerns about Ebay or Amazon:

1. No customer service - nobody I can call for questions about how to use the facial machine

2. No warranty

3. Complicated refund policy

4. No after service

5. No support if product is damaged during shipping (it happens)

If prefer to buy from a reputable online store.
One that at least has a customer service agent who I can talk with.
Lynxette
5% products discount

Fri May 17, 2013 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, all, I would just like to report that I've been doing microcurrent in the morning for the face and supplementing it in the evening with a Sqoom session, with very nice results: face looks fresh and plump. The dreaded forehead line is very soft, the whole face has a toned look from the microcurrent, and improves even more with a Sqoom treatment.
That turned out to be a good combination, and I make sure to hydrate well.

I also still swear by some Flex Effect exercises, especially for the eye area - no hodding at all and hardly any lines under them. I do those in the evening before Sqoom.

In the Pico Toner thread some people say that they are still waiting for results and wonder what the rave is all about. I had pretty immediate results with the Pico, the forehead just convinced me. Apart from that, it's not so easy to pinpoint progress, but the face simply has a younger appeal. Jaw area has not improved dramatically, but is slightly firmer. I'm in my fouth week now, and since then I haven't had one of those days where you wake up looking worn and tired and just hope you won't meet too many people all day.

I will stick with Pico, Sqoom and FE, and LED before Sqoom if I find the time.

I've used up my Hya gel for Sqoom and now I'm just mixing aloe vera with some run-of-the-mill hyaluronic acid gel, spraying with Avene water when things get sticky. Works fine. (The Hya gel is really expensive, and with the cost for the Pico...)
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 18, 2013 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
My other favorite tool of the moment is the Tria laser. I do Pico in the AM and Tria at night to allow enough time for redness to subside.
I also have a few other gadgets but right now I'm giving it all to the Tria and Pico with a little nuface thrown in for good measure.
The tria is providing a smoothing effect and helping to even out my complexion. I will probably incorporate either LED panels or an ultrasonic soon.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using my Pico faithfully with nice results. I'm at the beginning of the third month now. Forehead and eyes are better than in a long time. Jawline is what I'm really focusing on now. I remember both Toby and PQ mentioning great results with the jawline. Mine are slightly better, right after treatment its visible firmer. Anyone remember how long it took before they saw these great results?

Anyway, to be on this thread again, I pulled out the STOP from under the bed this week and started using it a few times at night for skin texture. I put Infadolan from Sarah Vaughter on afterwards. I find it complements the Pico and am glad I didnt throw it out. It doesnt do anything lift-wise, but improves skin texture. (I'm not ready to spring for the Tria yet) since I do mostly P1 with the Pico, this feels like a good combo.

There's a lot of talk on the other threads on how one gadget should do it all for you. I believe in what Deb Crowley said for Face exercise: keep the skin guessing with different moves. I think that might be true for gadgets, too. I also use different lymph drainage techniques before Pico: the Vacu, just fingers, or I do the Facial Detox massage someone shared here.

And while pulling out the Stop, I got out the POSE too, and got to work on my knees. Again putting Infadolan on afterwards. And it does make the skin around them firm and supple. I use the Pico on the elbows without liners so the hands get treated, too. I did the Stop on the hands last night, they look a lot less crepey today.
Lynxette
5% products discount

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Just a little update on using the STOP again. I know again why I stopped using it back then: It makes for nice tone of skin, but it also makes me break out. Not all over the face, but there will be a spot on the chin, one on forehead, one on cheek. It's not too bad, and it's gone after about a week, but I remember I kept postponing using it because I knew I was meeting clients the following week etc.
I think I have a heavy hand using it, I'll try to go easier, maybe that will lessen the breakouts.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |