Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
LED Light Therapy Bed
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 02, 2013 5:36 am      Reply with quote
CPHgirl wrote:
In Denmark we have something called the Beauty Angel, which is as far as I can ascertain a LED light bed.
This company has appr 100 clinics/"tanning"salons scattered over the country (which btw is a very small country). I should be very surprised if Denmark was somehow first movers in this market, so surely something similar must be in the US?

I think there are a few such clinics/spas here too - I did find one I think was in New York - but very expensive, which is ridiculous when you consider the low cost of UV tanning salons - LED is much, much cheaper to run! And safer by far than UV rays!

5% products discount

Thu May 02, 2013 9:05 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Immacolata wrote:
I'm thinking something like 5-6 panels, suspended over a cot/table...

I wish the tanning bed places would get these. I used to buy memberships to these in the spring, back in the day when we were fooling ourselves that they were safe. I'd definitely pay for a course of LED treatment - AND they are much cheaper to run than UV so it shouldn't cost more. I wonder if any place does offer this?

Here is a place in New York City that offers LED bed treatments. I don't remember how much a treatment was but it was expensive. I've never done it but remember someone at EDS talking about it once.

http://traciemartyn.com/Service_ruby_ray_2_panel.html

That would be me! I go there every 1-2 weeks for a double dose (30 minutes) treatment. It's super expensive and I'm not sure how long I will be able to afford it but my skin has never looked better. Very even toned, radiant, scars are fading (painfully slow, but it's happening) cellulite is improving, etc..
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 31, 2013 7:52 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Hi immacolata,
Congrats on doing such great renovation on yourself! Very heartening to hear. Razz

I'd love to know what strength tca you used to deal with hyperpigmentation, and where you used it. I've never used tca and am considering it, but am fairly freaked at the propect!

I would LOVE an led bed, what a fabulous idea. I dont have the space for one, but if I did, I would go for it.

Catski, so sorry I missed this post. After using the BHA peel, I went straight to 20% TCA - something I DO NOT RECOMMEND. It's scary strong. For anyone. Start with 12% and build up. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I saw one of these LED light beds for sale on line while surfing around if someone is interested. It doesn't say how much it cost.

http://www.ibeautymachine.com/body-led-phototheray-bed.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:12 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I saw one of these LED light beds for sale on line while surfing around if someone is interested. It doesn't say how much it cost.

http://www.ibeautymachine.com/body-led-phototheray-bed.html

I registered and wrote to them to get the price. It's steep - $2990 US, and that doesn't include shipping from China. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I have a tanning bed that has been collecting dust for at least 10 years. I wonder if I could find the lights and of course they would have to fit my unit.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I have a tanning bed that has been collecting dust for at least 10 years. I wonder if I could find the lights and of course they would have to fit my unit.

I saw a bed like that on ebay for around $800 I think - a while back though. It said it was a refitted tanning bed - looked intriguing! I haven't seen any others like it since. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:

Ask and ye shall receive! Did a quick Google:

http://www.redlightlamps.net/

Quote:
We sell collagen producing red light therapy bulbs to back-fit every model tanning bed ever made since 1978. Our prices include free shipping and your choice of free eyewear or a free marketing poster.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Frodo wrote:

Ask and ye shall receive! Did a quick Google:

http://www.redlightlamps.net/

Quote:
We sell collagen producing red light therapy bulbs to back-fit every model tanning bed ever made since 1978. Our prices include free shipping and your choice of free eyewear or a free marketing poster.

WooHoo, my HB is actually giving it a thought. Can you imagine getting an entire body treatment in a matter of minutes.

5% products discount

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo, did he ever set that up for you?
Laughing
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
The LED Man might make a full body unit. He custom makes units for people so you can ask and see:

http://www.theledman.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
grandmajuju wrote:
Frodo, did he ever set that up for you?
Laughing

Not yet but I plan to as soon as my HB retires. It is suppose to happen in January, but I'm not holding my breath. Shutting down a business you have had for years and years is a bit hard to do, mentally at least. Plus, he has been really busy keeping up with business, and fixing fences that surrounds 6 acres.

I also need to read up about the bed and try to find someone to talk to who has one. Maybe this lady will be able to answer my questions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n292LpRW0x0

5% products discount

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Angela, will check it out and update here with what happens.

Thanks frodo for the update. Men seem to have a harder time retiring their career life than women. My husband is turning 68 and still has no plans for retirement Rolling Eyes if only someone would open a business with one of these in Southern CA. Everyone is so obsessed with looks down here I bet it would do well
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've added an LED therapy bed to the dream bathroom in my mind, along with the hot tub, far infrared sauna, triple-jetted shower, body drying booth and dressing room...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
I've added an LED therapy bed to the dream bathroom in my mind, along with the hot tub, far infrared sauna, triple-jetted shower, body drying booth and dressing room...

Oh wow, wouldn't an "LED Hot Tub" be awesome?? Not sure the lights would work the way they are supposed to through water but the thought of something like that sounds wonderful. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
I've added an LED therapy bed to the dream bathroom in my mind, along with a hot tub, far infrared sauna, triple-jetted shower, body drying booth and dressing room...

A far infrared sauna is also on my list. I plan on turning a bit of our guest house into a spa. All of my dreams would have been started by now if my HB wasn't 5 years younger than me.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a couple machines (Lumier Spa and Excel) for the home, and am trying to figure out a way to get a full-body LED bed to boot. I'm trying to convince myself that converting an old tanning bed with red light bulbs will be good enough, but there's a difference between red light bulbs (the ones that look like fluorescent tubes that go in tanning beds) and LED light bulbs. With the former, you may not know the wavelength frequency or be able to hold the frequency, and well, the data isn't there for red light bulbs, and it is for the more expensive LED lights. But maybe something is better than nothing?
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:17 am      Reply with quote
nickicaps wrote:
CookieD wrote:
Immacolata wrote:
I'm thinking something like 5-6 panels, suspended over a cot/table...

I wish the tanning bed places would get these. I used to buy memberships to these in the spring, back in the day when we were fooling ourselves that they were safe. I'd definitely pay for a course of LED treatment - AND they are much cheaper to run than UV so it shouldn't cost more. I wonder if any place does offer this?

Here is a place in New York City that offers LED bed treatments. I don't remember how much a treatment was but it was expensive. I've never done it but remember someone at EDS talking about it once.

http://traciemartyn.com/Service_ruby_ray_2_panel.html

That would be me! I go there every 1-2 weeks for a double dose (30 minutes) treatment. It's super expensive and I'm not sure how long I will be able to afford it but my skin has never looked better. Very even toned, radiant, scars are fading (painfully slow, but it's happening) cellulite is improving, etc..

Hey Nikicaps,

Did you see a difference after your first treatment?

So for maintenance, you just go for a 30 min session every 1-2 weeks? What's the cost per treatment?

I love the idea of an LED bed!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Here are two on ebay that seem a bit more affordable. The first is a standing panel but I like it. I don't know if you can tilt it all the way horizontal and lay under it or not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SunFire-12RLT-Red-Light-Therapy-Tanning-Canopy-Tanning-Bed-Canopy-/251478415124?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8d481714

This is a full sized bed, used:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolff-Red-Light-Therapy-Skin-Therapy-Not-Tanning-Bed-Good-Shape-20-Min-Bed-/121311043841?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3eb3a101

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I spent an evening at a retirement community. I sat and watched residents walk by.

I saw all shapes and kinds of older people. I wanted to take a look at what made one look younger or better than the other.

Hands down..it was a man and his girlfriend walking by. They had gray hair..but were fit..had muscle tone..nice strong posture. Others went by who where thin and frail looking..wrinkled. Others overweight..the stomach thing going on.

I realized then that working out. lifting weights is what keeps a person looking young. We all get older…nothing is going to change that. but you can't lay in a LED bed and think you're gonna look like someone who picked up a weight and worked it...
Hittin40
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I'm wondering since the tanning beds are "red light" not LED lights with the specific 680wavelength, how effective they would be for skin rejuvenation. I was under the impression that to get the benefits of red light it had to be LED with that that specific wavelength..
Hittin40
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I'm wondering since the tanning beds are "red light" not LED lights with the specific 680wavelength, how effective they would be for skin rejuvenation. I was under the impression that to get the benefits of red light it had to be LED with that that specific wavelength..
nickicaps
5% products discount

Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
CM! Just saw this, sorry for the delayed response. YES I saw a difference after the first treatment: more even skin tone and lightness (maybe 10%?) of stretch marks. That's what justified the cost for me, and the re-prioritization over paying my rent. HA.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
I spent an evening at a retirement community. I sat and watched residents walk by.

I saw all shapes and kinds of older people. I wanted to take a look at what made one look younger or better than the other.

Hands down..it was a man and his girlfriend walking by. They had gray hair..but were fit..had muscle tone..nice strong posture. Others went by who where thin and frail looking..wrinkled. Others overweight..the stomach thing going on.

I realized then that working out. lifting weights is what keeps a person looking young. We all get older…nothing is going to change that. but you can't lay in a LED bed and think you're gonna look like someone who picked up a weight and worked it...

I don't think anyone has suggested that LED will tone your muscles. Exercising is marvelous, and I do a lot of it, but it doesn't do anything for my skin except for help circulation. LED lights are not for toning muscles.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hittin40 wrote:

I don't know the answer to that question, but you could do a search for people who have actually used these types of red light beds.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |