Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Measuring elastin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 06, 2013 9:35 am      Reply with quote
This may sound a little strange, but when working with treatments (or sometimes even topicals) that produce results “over time” it’s difficult to assess progress. This little trick has helped me tremendously and hopefully it will help others. It’s best if you have someone around to take a photo to document your baseline, but you can also use a full length mirror to see for yourself (you have to be able to get up close to the mirror).

You will need to do this for each side of your face. Start by bending sideways at the waist as far as you can go trying to get your head parallel to the floor. Keep your facial muscles relaxed (remember, you want to look as bad as possible because this is your baseline from which you will measure improvements). The droop in the skin around your eyes, cheeks and mouth should be very evident – much more so than when you are standing upright. The first time I did this I wanted to cry after seeing how disfigured I looked, but as you build elastin and your skin tightens you should see a noticeable difference. You may find that one side is droopier than the other. If you are young or lucky, you will see very little difference from when you are standing, but I think most people over 30 will see some difference. Repeat this routine maybe monthly to see your progress.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 06, 2013 10:46 am      Reply with quote
This sounds like a great idea. I am going to try this. Thanks for the tip Panda.

Ok I just tried this and I'm not sure I'm doing right. I just leaned over like I was trying to put my head between my knees. Is that right? Or are you leaning to the opposite side of your body and downwards? Am I making any sense.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 06, 2013 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
This sounds like a great idea. I am going to try this. Thanks for the tip Panda.

Ok I just tried this and I'm not sure I'm doing right. I just leaned over like I was trying to put my head between my knees. Is that right? Or are you leaning to the opposite side of your body and downwards? Am I making any sense.

Sorry, maybe I didn't do such a good job explaining. Stand facing a mirror. From the waist, bend to the right so that you are still facing the mirror. Try to bend enough so that your face is parallel to the floor. You should be able to see the skin on your face kind of slide to the right the further you bend. Then do the same thing only to the left side.

Cookie, you are bending forward, you need to bend sideways.
puddlelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 06, 2013 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Can I just ask what methods are you using to increase elastin? Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 07, 2013 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
ok, so when you bend to the right, your right ear is parallel to the floor?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 07, 2013 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
ok, so when you bend to the right, your right ear is parallel to the floor?

YES!! I wrote that your face should be parallel to the floor, but saying your EAR should be parallel makes more sense, because you're still facing the mirror so you can see the movement of your skin as you bend.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 07, 2013 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
This thread puts me in mind of those horrifying videos you see of "old" people sky diving, the wind velocity causing their loose facial skin to ripple and flap-flap-flap in the breeze.

One thing I plan to do in the not-too-far-off future is sky dive. I hope my skin does not do that. Shock Laughing

Panda, are you taking pictures? This sounds like a good idea.
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 07, 2013 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I think I'm going to cry now Shock From now on I will only look at myself with my head pointing up to the ceiling. Much better that way.
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 08, 2013 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
SnowFairy wrote:
I think I'm going to cry now Shock From now on I will only look at myself with my head pointing up to the ceiling. Much better that way.

SnowFairy, I’m not trying to be discouraging. I’m actually trying to be ENCOURAGING. My point was just to show how an alternate view of one’s face can help in assessing results. It’s easy to see skin tone and color changes, but much harder to see collagen and elastin improvements. This forum is full of great treatments and devices and exercises that are intended to produce firming results, but those results are going to come over time and it can be easy to get discouraged. Because we are constantly looking in the mirror, small changes are not always obvious, but for me it has been easier to gauge the pace of improvement from seeing an exaggerated view of my face. I really didn’t notice how much the skin around my mouth was firming up until I did the little sideways routine and saw that my mouth no longer appeared to be a foot long. Laughing
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 08, 2013 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
SnowFairy wrote:

SnowFairy, I’m not trying to be discouraging. I’m actually trying to be ENCOURAGING. My point was just to show how an alternate view of one’s face can help in assessing results. It’s easy to see skin tone and color changes, but much harder to see collagen and elastin improvements. This forum is full of great treatments and devices and exercises that are intended to produce firming results, but those results are going to come over time and it can be easy to get discouraged. Because we are constantly looking in the mirror, small changes are not always obvious, but for me it has been easier to gauge the pace of improvement from seeing an exaggerated view of my face. I really didn’t notice how much the skin around my mouth was firming up until I did the little sideways routine and saw that my mouth no longer appeared to be a foot long. Laughing

I absolutely understand and I think it's a great idea. I even took pictures of myself. I've been dabbling with some face exercises and micro-current, so this will be a great way to measure progress.
Thank you very much for this post.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |