Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Laser questions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 09, 2013 7:08 am      Reply with quote
For those of you who've done laser treatments on your face - either performed by a professional or at home, with your own laser device, do you see any skin improvements that are better than what you achieved with microdermabrasion or chemical peels or dermal needling?

If you have not tried peels or microdermabrasion or needling, is there a reason you chose lasers instead?

I would really like to know the reasoning behind your choices.

Thanks, BFG
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 09, 2013 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Fraxel, the CO2 and Cool Touch did not do anything positive for me.
The best results (and well worth the pain and money) were from the EXCEL Laser and misc. IPL's for my rosacea.
Microdermabrasion and peels have done well for skin texture and I get the best results when I have them done at the med spa.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 09, 2013 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I've just started using the Tria and am well into week three/four of using it on level 2 and 3 daily. (I alternate). These are the higher levels.
I can see a resurfacing, smoothing effect. It is also drying (My skin is oily for the my part and very resilient).
I did a series of peels as well as a series of microdermabrasion in my 40s... and I currently have the PMD. so I can compare somewhat on those levels. I will be able to compare more as time goes on.
I also do needling - mostly for product penetration so I can't choose one of these over the other.

My evaluation is that the laser wins hands down. I have heard that the dryness will get worse and possibly my skin will begin to look worse for a short time before it gets better with the Tria but I'm confident that the results will be worth it. So far I am very happy with how things look and expect continued improvements which I did not get with microdermabrasion or acid peels. Honestly the acid only made me look worse.

If you're willing to put the time in on a home laser and suffer through some dryness I expect worthwhile results. Much cheaper in the long run than a series of microdermabrasion (which I did like but not the ongoing expense).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 11, 2013 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used the Tria long enough to see results yet, but the "feel" of it post treatment is the same as dermaroller for me. I suspect they are doing the same thing underneath the top layers. I find the laser far easier to use and treats more evenly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 11, 2013 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Let's see, I've done:

1) Dermarolling at 0.5, 1.0 and 1.5mm
2) Glycolic (up to 50%) and TCA (up to 15%) peels
3) Reaura laser

The dermarolling and peels were done at recommended intervals and I did at least 6 treatments for each, except TCA which was 4 treatments.

On the ReAura, I've only done one round of 8 weeks so far.

I've not tried microdermabrasion.

Honestly...I don't see much from any of them. It's rather depressing. I don't have pigmentation issues and I think these methods are best suited for pigmentation. I have fine lines and some sag.

Maybe the best I can hope for is holding off some of the ravages of time. My skin hasn't gotten any better, but it's not gotten worse either.

I think your results will depend on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are not trying to treat pigmentation, then I think you could stick with a dermaroller.

I'm going to try another round of 8 weeks with the ReAura as I've heard lines require more than one round.
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 28, 2013 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I will not choose any of the treatments.I think each of them will do harm to the skin.I believe the skin itself can adjust to the situation,all I need to do is to protect it properly.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 28, 2013 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have had a few IPL and have seen much improvements on my PIH and vascular "stuff".

I have had only 1 Pixel Q-Switch (non-ablative) and not seen much of anything. 6 treatments are suggested, so in theory, I shouldn't see anything yet.

Microderm -feels nice but not a game -changer.

Hydrafacial - Love this machine so much! Makes the skin feel rich, sleek, and hydrated from the inside out, but not with thick heavy creams.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 28, 2013 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I know that my reAura treatments have plumped up my face and I do think this is collagen formation.

That being said, with my limited experience with derma pen, I think this is really effective. I have never used emla, but have purchased some so that I can give myself a very aggressive treatment. Even the less severe treatments I have experienced have showed a definite improvement in skin tightness and smoothing deep wrinkles (lateral neck lines). In my case, it has also tightened some laxity in the inner thigh area which was the result of lipo at a too advanced age. Never thought I could improve that!

Long term, I think that home laser treatments may well stave off the negative effects of ageing. What happens is that one gradually replaces old skin with new. The skin is now behaving like that of a much younger individual with a frequent turnover and replacement of cells.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 28, 2013 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
Question to Retin A and laser users: what results did Laser allow you to achieve that Retin A was not able to? Do you still use Retin A?
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 29, 2013 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Two things the Tria laser has done for me that RA didn't is removal of hyperpigmentation and some plumping. I so far have only a slight softening of some lines but I have only done two and a half eight wk. treatments so there could be more improvements with further treatments. I am still very pleased with what it has achieved for me to date.

ETA I still use Retin A but not while doing treatments, only during the rest period.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 31, 2013 9:46 am      Reply with quote
brierrose, are you saying that the Tria plumped your skin more than Retin A usage?

Thanks, BFG
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 31, 2013 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
Two things the Tria laser has done for me that RA didn't is removal of hyperpigmentation and some plumping. I so far have only a slight softening of some lines but I have only done two and a half eight wk. treatments so there could be more improvements with further treatments. I am still very pleased with what it has achieved for me to date.

ETA I still use Retin A but not while doing treatments, only during the rest period.

This is pretty much the same thing that the ReAura has done for me vs Retin A. I never saw any reduction of hyperpigmentation or fine lines with Retin A. Maybe my skin would look worse now if I didn't use it but it never got rid of damage that had already surfaced on my skin. I still use RA.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 31, 2013 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BFG,

RA gives me more firm refined skin but I have never noticed any plumping. My face has a subtle fuller appearance from the laser if that makes any sense. More dramatic has been the removal of hyperpigmented spots. HTH
Eye Candy
5% products discount

Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Are these home lasers as effective as the professional laser treatments? Wouldn't you get a more dramatic and quicker result with one or two laser treatments, rather than months of use of the home lasers? Is the choice of them only cost, or do you really get a better result in the end?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Eye Candy wrote:
Are these home lasers as effective as the professional laser treatments? Wouldn't you get a more dramatic and quicker result with one or two laser treatments, rather than months of use of the home lasers? Is the choice of them only cost, or do you really get a better result in the end?

Keliu who has had many types of professional treatments- including professional laser and also has a ReAura laser for at-home mentioned that she seemed to have a more obvious effect from the at-home laser. (Keliu will tell you herself she does lots of different professional treatments and has used lots of devices at home, so I'm not tattling Laughing ).

I have never had a professional laser treatment but I absolutely have a noticeable positive outcome from about 8 weeks of the Tria.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |