Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Outgrowing acne
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
AncoraImparo
5% products discount

Fri May 10, 2013 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hey all. I wanted to not when you stopped getting acne, but the last place you broke out before you outgrew it?
lisathisissilly

Sat May 11, 2013 2:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure people do 'outgrow' it. I'm 31 and have been waiting to outgrow my acne for years. I've had acne since I was 14. I've recently realised that a clean diet, minimal alcohol and decent skincare controls it. However, it has never gone away and if I eat too much processed food or mess with my skincare too much it comes back with a vengeance!
betteratforty

Sat May 11, 2013 5:06 am      Reply with quote
I am over forty. I believe if you are acne prone; it is managed but not completely "gone'.

I do know my triggers and I believe that everyday skin care maintenance is a must.
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 11, 2013 5:42 am      Reply with quote
I am close to 40 and have not outgrown my acne. I still need daily maintenance to keep them under control.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 11, 2013 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I never outgrew it. Around 30 I realized I had a food allergy, acne gone. My dad still breaks out at 58 and refuses to believe he has the same allergy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 11, 2013 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Ava with wings
What is your food allergy?
For me I think its peanuts? Wierd huh...
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 11, 2013 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Peanuts here too Laughing

I also have a gluten sensitivity, I saw a 90% acne reduction eliminating peanuts, other 10% left when I removed gluten from my diet for other reasons (Celiac disease).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 12, 2013 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm over 40 and although I'm not as acne prone as I use to be, its been a battle for the past 20 years. I absolutely need to keep using acne meds or I will break out.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 13, 2013 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm over 40, have taken Accutane twice, and still have very minor monthly breakouts. At this point, the cause is the change and probably dairy.
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 13, 2013 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I was never all that prone to acne, but I did break out in my teens and twenties once in awhile. I remember having a breakout when I was much younger while my uncle and aunt were visiting, and they commented to my mom about my bad skin, which made me feel horrible.

I do think I pretty much outgrew it - I'm 31 now... I probably haven't dealt with acne for at least ... I dunno ... 7 years or so. I think once I hit my mid-twenties my skin dried out.

I do still get clogged pores on my forehead - as a teenager I often had forehead acne. So I don't have the acne anymore, but the clogged pores still persist.
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 14, 2013 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
55 and still have it Sad

5% products discount

Wed May 15, 2013 3:13 am      Reply with quote
There is no limit for acne problem. It also occur in young or in senior citizen.
MariettaBoni

Sun May 19, 2013 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I am just tired of having acne for about six years. The severe one was the blackheads in my nose I tried a lot of creams, avoiding greasy foods in my diet etc, but nothing seemed to be working. Then I heard about this acne blue light therapy from Beauti-med. With the help of an eight weeks treatment, I am feeling better nowadays.

I don't know how long it will last, but for now, I am feeling so relieved. There are a lot of these kind of effective acne therapy programs available in cosmetic clinics around the world. I am now feeling so much grateful to such centers.
8Namaste8

Wed May 22, 2013 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think acne can be outgrown. I know someone who is over 50 and still have some small acne from time to time. I am 32 yrs old and still get them around my period time or when I eat too much chocolate Anxious When I was younger I used to have very bad acne that left me some scars around my nose for picking on them (very bad idea). What I am doing now is trying to eat better, stop my craving for sugars and chocolate, use proactive once a week and trying to maintain a clean face.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 27, 2013 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
I am 36 and I still have acne. It is mostly under control as long as maintain daily with salicylic acic and retin a, but I still get deep cystic ones, primarily on my cheeks or around my mouth and chin.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 28, 2013 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
My mother is in her 60's and still has acne.

I'm 36 and still get acne at my chin area and jawline sometimes.

My skin was really nice and no blemishes that were major till March this year and then ended up taking tons of meds I was allergic to, told to take prednisone for 1 week for a muscle issue and that messed up my skin and I ended up with a couple of very bad blemishes at my jawline that left extremely painful purple bruises.

I did take antibiotics and it helped a bit and if I want to see a derm the wait list here is 1+ year and just ridiculous, as I've gone before and they were unhelpful and I can not use any of the things they suggest due to allergies or else my skin is def not bad most of he time, so they won't do anything for 1 or 2 very bad blemishes.....
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |