Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cavisculpt Question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ColliJ

Sun May 12, 2013 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi folks,

I've just bought a Cavisculpt Home machine to target some stubborn fatty areas that won't go with diet and exercise. However, I would also love to use it on my face, which has always been really chubby and heavy (regardless of my weight). The makers of the Cavisculpt Home say that using it on the face is a big no-no, but I cannot find a reason why. Can anyone offer an explanation as to why this is the case? I'd really appreciate a definitive answer.

Thanks!
Col
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 12, 2013 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Great for you on the purchase of the cavisculpt. I think the ultrasound is around 40 and that is for the body and it is a pretty powerful unit a d does work k. Melting fat without negatively Affecting organs but I would agree that it is a big no no for the face. Tone up your face with micro current.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 12, 2013 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ColliJ, I would think the short answer would be because it could get rid of fat in your face. I don't know how old you are but in studies done on face aging, people with rounder faces tend to show aging on their face slower then someone who has a thinner or longer face. What you don't like now might be a plus later in life.

The power setting on the Cavisculpt could also be much too strong for your face. I know a lot of times companies put a lot of warnings in the instructions to cover all their bases if something goes wrong but if it were me I would take this warning to heart. Just my personal opinion.

PhotoQueen also did a review on Cavisculpt. I don't know if you have seen it but he could probably give you an answer.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=plcp&v=37EaLZWgIkg

Please tell me how you like this machine after using it for awhile. I am interested in getting something like this. Thanks.

ETA: here is the link to the EDS thread.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6499090

Sun May 12, 2013 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies, Toby and CookieD. Your advice is much appreciated.

I've tried so many things to slim my face down and give it a lift. Facial exercises didn't really help - in fact, the Ageless ones bulked up my face even more, and it took ages for that to go away. Many of the other programs I've tried, including Carole Maggio's and Eva Fraser's, just didn't do anything at all.

I've tried microcurrent using the Integra machine and saw minimal lifting. I would love the Pico Toner, but I cannot afford it; I was only able to get the Cavisculpt because it was available through a payment plan and I could just about afford the monthly payments. I also read that the Pico Toner wasn't as effective on fleshier faces and that put me off it somewhat.

I feel that the reason so many things aren't effective for me is because my face is so fat. Microcurrent probably doesn't penetrate very well, and despite doing a lot of facial exercises, nothing tones my face or gets rid of the flab. I even tried the Stop some time ago in an attempt to get some tone, but it did nothing for me whatsoever. The Tanaka massage seemed to work temporarily but for some unknown reason lost effectiveness after a while (plus it gave me terrible breakouts too!).

I'm 38 now and even though my weight hasn't changed, my face is ballooning. I wouldn't mind so much if I did have a cute round face, but I don't - the flabbiness makes it look bulky and bloated in a most unattractive way.

I'm really at the end of my tether with it - I would love to have a slimmer face with some nice definition. My search for a solution goes on.

I will definitely report back detailing my experience with the Cavisculpt - PQ's review really piqued my interest in it, and other reviews have been excellent. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it does the job for me!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 12, 2013 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ColliJ, it sounds like you might fluid buildup or lymph in your face causing your bloating. That was probably why the Tanka massage helped. I'm not sure why it stopped working but maybe the thread about Facial detox could help you. I don't do these so I can't comment on whether they work or not but maybe read up on them and see what you think. There is a member named facialdetox in the thread that might be able to answer any questions for you. Good luck.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=48004&highlight=

Sun May 12, 2013 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Cookie. I've had a quick look at that thread and the massage technique described by facialdetox. I'm heading off to bed now but will integrate it into my routine from tomorrow.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 13, 2013 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
This device should ONLY be used on the body, it is far to powerful to be used on your face.

Please follow the instructions carefully, this is a salon strength machine.

PQ

5% products discount

Wed May 15, 2013 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I would agree that using the ultrasonic at 40Khz on the face could possibly break down the muscle and fat. I think that ultrasound at 1 mhz -3 mhz are what are usually used on the face. Possibly the only procedure that would work would be surgical facial liposuction.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 16, 2013 6:03 am      Reply with quote
skinhelp wrote:
I would agree that using the ultrasonic at 40Khz on the face could possibly break down the muscle and fat. I think that ultrasound at 1 mhz -3 mhz are what are usually used on the face. Possibly the only procedure that would work would be surgical facial liposuction.

I would suggest trying Strawberry Laser Lipo, which can be used on the face, in salon, to reduce excess fat around the jaw and cheek areas.

http://www.strawberry-laser.com

http://www.strawberry-laser.com/strawberry_laser_lipo/image/gallery_ONLY/Inch-loss-double-chin.jpg

In my experience this machine works.

PQ

Thu May 16, 2013 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
To ColliJ,
Can you please let me know where did you buy your cavisculpt, I have been looking for a home machine but there are so many and in China that I don't know how good they are. What is the brand of your cavisculpt? Will it work in the US?
Thank you for your help.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 16, 2013 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi chris, I read elsewhere on this forum that cavisculpt doesnt work in the US. Crying or Very sad
ColliJ

Fri May 17, 2013 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Chris,

Like Catski said, the Cavisculpt can't be used in the US and so is only available in the UK. I personally wouldn't go with any of the Chinese machines - they tend to be much weaker power-wise and definitely aren't as well made.

When I get the chance, I'll have a look around and see if there's a reputable brand available in the US. At the moment, nothing springs to mind.

Col
x
ColliJ

Fri May 17, 2013 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to PQ and skinhelp for the advice - don't worry, my Cavisculpt won't be going near my face! I'm currently looking into the laser lipolysis option suggested by PQ.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |