Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
What's the worst skin care product/line you ever tried?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:53 am      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
Yen wrote:
Me too. I waited until I was old enough to get a credit card and Proactiv was my first ever credit card purchase. It was such a disappointment. It's so much worse when there is so much hype and expectation with a product. Sad

You know, it was probably my first credit card purchase as well because I waited to go away to college to get a credit card too! I did a lot of things aftet I got to school....I remember calling my parents to tell them I was getting my eyebrow pierced. When my mom said no, I was like,"Oh, well I wasn't asking for permission, I was just letting you know so you wouldn't be surprised on Thanksgiving." What a brat! Laughing

Laughing This is hilarious! My mom discovered my first tattoo when I went back for my first college thanksgiving. Cool Laughing
valkyrie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone here actually like Clinique? Laughing
I haven't tried many high end brands, but the Clinique 3-step program was horrible, totally dried out my combination skin. Luckily it was only a tester set, so at least I didn't lose any money over it.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I bought a couple of L'Oreal body products. A tropical gel anti cellulite thing, and another toning and lifting body cream. YEUCH.

thay are the ONLY products I have actually thrown into the bin after one use.

sticky, smelly and my skin wouldnt absorb them. really awful I couldnt imagine how they are in every high street chemist!
littlescooby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:49 am      Reply with quote
La Prairie - incredibly overpriced and did absolutely nothing for my skin Crying or Very sad
Adonis
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Cindi wrote:
I know alot of you gals love the Dr H cleansing cream but that was a huge disappointment to me, texture, smell, technique and results all failed to impress Sad

Results!? Laughing Exactly how LONG did you use this for again? Razz

Agreed. The secret to be successful with organic skin care is to give it a chance for a few weeks. Your body needs to adjust to not having all these chemicals on your skin anymore. I have seen people break out first (skin detox) only to see vast improvements afterwards. Dr. H products are not highly scented like other products. Of course not all manufacturers have a winner with all products of their product line. This is why I mix and match. I use Dr. Hauschka, Primavera, Phyt's Cosmetics and mineral cosmetics from jane ireldale.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
When I was in my teens and early twenties I used quite a bit of Clinique products. I did like their exfoliating scrub but their toners and "dramatically different" lotion were truly awful. The toners were alcohol mixed with fragrance and colouring and the only "dramatic difference" that I saw with that face lotion was in my pocketbook! Added to that, their sales ladies feel that they know everything and look down on you if you question them.

Another product that I didn't like was Kiehl's lip balm that comes in a white tube with black writing on it. So many magazines and actresses had raved about it so I bought it. The first ingredient listed is petroleum jelly (Vaseline). I could have bought a jar of that for a lot less and it would have lasted longer too. That was a waste.

Other products... anything by L'Oreal. Either I broke out with spots or I was allergic to it. They perfume all of their products so much that if I used any of their creams (even the eye creams) my eyes would water and I don't wear contact lenses or glasses. I can't imagine that this much perfume is needed in a skin care line.

I have spent a fortune on useless products over the years but then again I think that we all have which is why I like this board. At least now I know to research an item BEFORE I buy it. Smile
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Burts Bee lip balm - Burn my lips- too much mint or something...
Estee Lauder Micro D - Burn my face- this is really bad stuff
Creme de la mer - this dosent do much on my skin , it make me brake out im so happy I got a few sample to try first because this cream is 300$ Embarassed
Clinique soap and toner - like everybody else !
Yonka mask - its smell way to strong ( Pine Sol on my face !)
radiantface
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I would say the acne medications prescribed by my dermatologist, Proactiv, Murad.
Tripware

Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've been very disappointed with the Dermologica line. It seems to me to the be the Clinique of "high end" products (i.e. widely distributed but largely ineffective). I'm particularly disappointed with Dermologica's "oil control lotion", their daily creams and their cleansers. Some of their vitamin treatments aren't so bad. The "Microfoliant" exfoliant was an extra step that did nothing for me. I am much more impressed with the Babor Intellizyme exfoliant, which is enzyme based.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I saw this thread earlier but I really couldn't think of an entire line that I thought was worthless .. then I remember ERNO LASZLO

In college one of my roommates had done some modeling. She swore by this product. Her skin was really bad, but I figured it must be great if the models use it.

This was my first big splurge when I got my first job. I spent over $300 to purchase the entire kit (doesn't sound so pricey now but it was a longgg time ago).

Anyway, everything was horrible and the clerks were completely useless. It took months for my skin to finally return to normal.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Not high end but, Avene. Markets itself as for sensitive skin but I reacted to every single one of their products. AT least it wasn't that expensive
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |