Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Just when you thought your BHRT was safe
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
our illustrious leaders get ready for another all out attack.

Many of you may already be aware of this but the Senate has drafted S.959 that gives the FDA the authority to restrict or even eliminate the bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) that women depend on. (among other limits to compounded drugs)

I first saw this at Dr Brownstein's blog - http://blog.drbrownstein.com/fda-trying-to-ban-compounding-pharmacies/

Info here also : http://www.anh-usa.org/compounding-pharmacy-bill-third-draft-still-some-major-problems%E2%80%94and-no-time-to-lose/

You can go here to take action & contact your congress people.

http://mymedsmatter.com/content/bioidentical-hormone-replacement-patients-take-action

Letting them know in critical mass that we are mad as h*ll & won't take it anymore is what we must do to preserve what health freedom we have left. At this point they still need our votes to get elected but I'm sure they're working on that too! Liar Shock

Please voice your dissent and help me get the word out!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Cabrita - I sent the letter and made some changes. I actually know two of the reps in my state personally.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Progesterone is safe.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Done! Thanks for this. It is infuriating that BigPharma is so scared of the few of us that use BHRT. Why?
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Because it's not just a few of us any more. The number grows and grows.

But their controlling mindset is ridiculous because it's not like most of us who do natural therapies will turn to pharmaceuticals because our alternatives are taken away. Personally, I'd rather rot. NOTHING has ever made me feel as bad as birth control pills did. And coming off of SSRI's was hell and definitely caused at least some of my hair loss Eeesh.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Reply from Sen. Dianne Feinstein:
Thank you for contacting me to express your views on the "Pharmaceutical Compounding Quality and Accountability Act" (S. 959). I appreciate hearing from you and welcome this opportunity to respond.

Last year, drugs manufactured by a compounding pharmacy in Framingham, Massachusetts caused a meningitis outbreak that has killed 55 and injured hundreds. Since then, additional compounding pharmacies have been found to be unsanitary or to produce contaminated drugs. I believe there is need for additional federal oversight in order to ensure that drugs produced by compounders do not harm consumers.

I recognize that compounding pharmacies play an important role in the American health care system, and that many patients who need specialty medicines rely on these pharmacies to make drugs tailored to their individual needs. I believe that any reform of compounding pharmacies must take into account the concerns of patients, pharmacists, compounders and health care providers.

On May 15, 2013, Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) introduced the "Pharmaceutical Compounding Quality and Accountability Act" (S. 959). This bill would require compounding manufacturers to register with the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), report the names of drugs they compound, permit FDA inspections of facilities and report any serious adverse events associated with their drugs. Compounding pharmacies that produce drugs based on patient-specific prescriptions would be exempt from these new requirements.

In addition, the bill would allow the FDA to prohibit certain complex drugs from being compounded if, after consulting with stakeholders, the agency determines it is not possible to safely compound a drug. FDA-approved prescription drugs could only be compounded in the event of a drug shortage, if a drug is no longer marketed, or if a patient receives a prescription for a modified version of an FDA-approved drug. I understand that some are concerned that this will allow the FDA to prohibit production of specific drugs, including bio-identical hormone replacement therapies (BHRT). It is important to note that the "Pharmaceutical Compounding Quality and Accountability Act" would allow the FDA to prohibit compounding of complex drugs only for safety reasons and that compounders may continue to produce modified versions of FDA-approved drugs after receiving a prescription from a doctor.

Please know that I have made careful note of your views regarding the "Pharmaceutical Compounding Quality and Accountability Act." This legislation was approved by the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions on May 22, 2013 and is expected to receive consideration by the full Senate this summer. As I work with my colleagues to ensure this bill improves drug safety without reducing patient access to needed drugs, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, thank you for writing. If you have additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder how meaningful our 'letters' really are. I hope for the best but can't help but fear the worst.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:18 am      Reply with quote
A friend who worked for a senator said it's important to let reps know and that they do pay attention. Perhaps not to details, since they never read these bills Rolling Eyes but if there is a general trend for or against. I always try to call because usually there is a college kid answering the phone so I assume he keeps score. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

I think some of these Congress people, men and women, need to take BHRT themselves to clear the cobwebs out of their pea brains.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:34 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:

I think some of these Congress people, men and women, need to take BHRT themselves to clear the cobwebs out of their pea brains.

This is too funny. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I call also...it's not true that calling/writing doesn't help...like Softskin says, they keep tally using your zipcode and if enough voters squawk, they listen.

I encourage everyone to let their voices/votes be heard.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |