Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best spot treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Has anybody found an over night spot treatment that actually works? I don't know if it's my skin or what, but spot treatments never seem to work for me at all Sad
Does anybody have any good tips?
Thanks!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I think it really depends on the type of pimple. I usually spot treat with a sulfur mask overnight. Sometimes it helps, sometimes not. IME nothing works for cystic pimples as a spot treatment.
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I just tried MD skincare correct and perfect, which is sulfur based. SO expensive. I have not seen a difference in my skin, yet, at all, though.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
I just tried MD skincare correct and perfect, which is sulfur based. SO expensive. I have not seen a difference in my skin, yet, at all, though.

Hi Penta,

I have mentioned this mask before and it's actually suitable for mature skin, but it has activated charcoal made by Garden Botanika and it did wonders both as a mask and spot treatment for my sons acne! I love it as a general purifying mask as well. Smile

http://www.gardenbotanika.com/product/skin+care/oily/purifying+activated+charcoal+mask.do

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Oooh, thanks dark moon! Definitely will try it out. I'm on a mission Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Oooh, thanks dark moon! Definitely will try it out. I'm on a mission Laughing

LOL I really believe the activated charcoal has some fantastic effect on acne, I know it sucks up toxins in medical situations so I guess it does the same with our skin! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I find for me things with sulfur work best.

I am using Badescu drying mask- but as a spot treatment on 2 spots on my face..works well,

I also saw that EDS sells PSF sulfur mask and it is only $13.50 for a 30ml jar!

I like the mask I'm using now,but the PSF one sounds good. so when I am running out of that I'll try it next.

For spot treatments I have the origins spot remover and it burns my skin every time I use it.
Also a very small tiny size it i 10ml and costed $12.
not getting that one again.

Murad has a spot treatment w sulfur also, and when i went to Sephora they told me they did not carry it.

So I am curious to try that too sometime.

For me I find using the same spot treatment all the time that it does not work as well.
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I am not a big fan of murad at all. i used their acne time release cleanser, acne and wrinkle reducer and acne and wrinkle serum and found them to do nothing at all. But in general I find my skin to be not very reactive to anything, so go fo it.
I'm seeing some results with MD skincare now, though. Second night and my skin is looking a tiny bit clearer. Still looking for something better, though.

The PSF sounds great, putting that on my list, for sure.

DarkMoon, do you know where to get the garden botanika mask? Sorry, I don't know my way around American shops too well, yet. Could I get it from target or should I try a sephora?
EDS doesn't carry it...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
I am not a big fan of murad at all. i used their acne time release cleanser, acne and wrinkle reducer and acne and wrinkle serum and found them to do nothing at all. But in general I find my skin to be not very reactive to anything, so go fo it.
I'm seeing some results with MD skincare now, though. Second night and my skin is looking a tiny bit clearer. Still looking for something better, though.

The PSF sounds great, putting that on my list, for sure.

DarkMoon, do you know where to get the garden
botanika mask? Sorry, I don't know my way around
American shops too well, yet. Could I get it
from target or should I try a sephora?
EDS doesn't carry it...

Penta,

On the site they have a find a retailer section:

http://www.gardenbotanika.com/category/customer+service/retail+locations.do

Or you can order directly from them online:

EDS doesn't carry it...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Sorry the link didn't paste in to the online site?

http://www.gardenbotanika.com/home.do

5% products discount

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Penta,

I had the same experience with the Murad acne products, also used MD skincare and had no luck. I have been using the Offects Exfoliating Cleanser from ZO Skin Health for a few weeks and I love it, it doesnt make my skin overly dry and really does the job. you may want to try this brand I got it off their website zoskinhealth . com
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Karin Herzog has a product called Vit-A-Kombi 3 with 3% oxygen that is supposed to be really great for spot treatments. I'm presently using her Oxygen Face Cream with 2% oxygen for that purpose and find it quite effective.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
For spot treatments I am also using Mario Badescu buffering lotion and find that gets rid of most inflamation in a day or two.

The only problem with the product os you are only supposed to use it 3x a week and I've tried using it a few days in a row on a stubborn blemish and it makes the skin very dry.

There is a lot of alcohol in that product too.
Guess that is why it absorbs so well.

I guess if the Murad spot treatment isnot so great I'll scratch that off my list.

For daytime I'm using Nucelle 10% serum and find that is helping keep my skin clear.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Unlike his mom my son has very sensitive skin but was plagued by acne and I mean bad, very bad acne. What I know made him so willing to use the activated charcoal mask was that although it was very effective both as a full face mask and spot treatment was it never caused dry, flaky, itchy skin that so many products for acne caused. He used it as a mask twice a week and as a spot treatment nightly. It's just what worked! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I use Organic Apoteke Detox Face mask for a full face treatment once in a while but mainly for overnight spot treatments. It's the only product I like from their line. Quite pricey but it works for me and the volume lasts well.

I would think it's the clay in it that make my breakouts reduce almost by 70% the next morning. It's a good mask in itself for getting the skin cell buildup off your face without manual exfoliation. It stings a little but once dry it fades.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Garden Botanika used to be sold on amazon.com
I bought their spot treatment last year there.
But last I checked that item was discontinued,but I think amazon should have some of their items.

Their spot treatment was ok, not great.
Would not pay more than $8 for it tho.

I also used to use a brand called Dermamed that is from Canada.
Only thing I do not like it their skin creams all have the tea tree oil smell,but they work well,so I just use them at night sometimes.
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Dark Moon. I'll definitely try it out. My skin is kinda calming down now, mainly because it was this time of the month (when I'm regular my skin is fine), but it's still not completely okay.

Ottawa Shopper, I can't find the PSF sulphur mask on ESD Confused Am I being stupid?

leeleedeedee, Karin Herzog is a wee bit too expensive for me but it sounds soooo good, maybe I'll have to save up.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-blemish-clarifying-mu-p_4964.htm
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
thanks a lot ottawashopper!!
do you know if you're gonna get it, yet?
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I forgot, Churst, do you use the Exfoliating cleanser as a spot treatment or as a regular cleanser?
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I found a couple of recipes on the DIY forum that work for me as spot treatments - my acne is mostly hormonal and cystic. I have made aspirin paste to dab on the spot and the DIY version of Yonka Emulsion Pure and both work really well to calm down the swelling and redness. I also bought a Dermawand and that thing is amazing for drying up cystic acne before it gets to be a full blown crater.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Dermawand for about 60 seconds, then apply Jan Marini Bioclear Cream, let it sink in, then dab Lerosett clay mask - this is the quickest spot solution I've found. Each product is great on its own but combined, optimum results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
thanks a lot ottawashopper!!
do you know if you're gonna get it, yet?

I am going to get the PSF mask eventually.
But I still have a unopened Mario Badescu drying mask, and that is made with sulfur too.

And along with the unopened jar I still have 1/2 a jar of an opened Drying mask jar.
So kind of have to use those up first.

I really like the drying mask, only thing is it has no moisturizer in it at all.
Works well for me though.

Serious skincare also has a sulfur mask in the Continuously clear line.

That one works well too, but my skin was getting very sensitive to the ingredients in it.

I think the sulfur % in that was too high for me, even tho I use continuously clear mask for almost 10 years on and off.
Churst
5% products discount

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Penta,
I use the Exfoliating Cleanser as a regular cleanser and as a spot treatment I use prescription Duac cream.
lexishine

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I have a friend that uses Arrest sun spot treatment. She orders it from Lotion Source. She really likes it.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |