Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pico Toner Results Poll
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Poll :: What results have you had from the Pico Toner?

Substantial results (lift, tone and/or wrinkle reduction) AND someone has commented on the improvement to my face
34%
 34%  [ 12 ]
Significant results (lift, tone and/or wrinkle reduction) BUT no one has commented
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Moderate results - some lift/tone or wrinkle reduction
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Minimal results
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
No results
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
My skin looks worse
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 35

ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm into data, so I'd like to get more specifics on what results everyone using the Pico Toner has seen. Obviously there are concerns that a couple people have gotten kickbacks, but many more have used the product, so let's do a poll on results.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
that's a great idea, hopefully more people would respond to this poll , not just the few die hard fans of pico...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Shasta girl- The comments by daler just skewed your poll. Wouldn't want anyone who actually uses Pico and gets results to be honest.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Sorry Shasta girl- The comments by daler just skewed your poll. Wouldn't want anyone who actually uses Pico and gets results to be honest.

sistersweets, that's the reason I didnt not take part in the poll.. just explaining it if it was not obvious, i am what you see.. no shady practices here..

and I didnt say that the die hard pico fans shouldn't vote.. not sure what you meant in your comments..
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Everyone who has used the Pico should vote. What I'm really interested in is the distribution of the votes. We may see a pattern that justifies using the machine...or not...
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
It is a great idea!

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you! I think it is a good idea as well. I am also debating on getting it. I have too many gadgets on hand and my skin condition is fairly good - very minimal fine lines and extremely light shadow of jowls..... Not sure if it will justify the cost. It is not cheap after all.
Cora
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I cast my vote for moderate results SO FAR. I anticipate much more improvement with consistent use.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the PICO for 2 months now and can say that it has had made a moderate/subtle difference. It has helped somewhat with my marionette lines and slight lifting in the cheek area. When I first started to use it I noticed the most improvement in the eye area, however in the last few weeks I have not seen any improvement in this area at all - not sure what I am doing wrong/different. I use it at night and find the improvements are more pronounced the next day as opposed to immediately after a treatment. I don't know if this is due to water retention in my face while sleeping and the resulting puffiness just makes me look better Smile . So far, I am encouraged with what I see and will continue using it. Doodles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Moderate results so far, but it is better then nothing. Hopefully with time the results would get better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I didn't really see any results with the Pico alone. I have definitely seen great results when combining Pico with the BI. It could be just the BI, however. Honestly don't know. But I am chalking it up to a combination of the two. Since I did have a session with the Pico with noticeable results afterwards, I cast my vote for moderate results.

It has also been said in other threads that microcurrent has been around a long time, and that it's never been proven to be that effective. Now I'm wondering if there have been any long-term studies done on the effects of consistent microcurrent use? I'm talking like two years or more of at least weekly treatments? Does anyone know? I don't have time to search now but will later in the week.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:01 am      Reply with quote
where is this evidence that the microcurrent lifts faces? If I am missing it, I would love to see it (so long as its not from a salon selling expensive treatments, or someone selling expensive products).
Cora
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm personally not an idiot. I know when something is giving me results and when it's not. I have been doing facial exercise/massage for quite some time and have never had great results on my upper eye area with that alone. There is obviously something to the micro current. I'm very excited to keep going to see what other results I'll get.

I have spent a lot of money trying to fight aging but I have never once felt compelled to convince myself that something is working even when it's not.

Just saying...
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I am getting great results too.
Everything I was doing prior to Pico was not giving me enough result to continue.
Nutrition, facial exercises, led, topicals....
Now I'm motivated to add these in again.
I have gotten great results.
(I may have delayed things a bit by not having one of my wires fully connected. It's a push and slide nut just a push.)
It seems to be helping with hooded lids, eye bags, overall lifting and smoothing of wrinkles between my eyes and lines above my lips.
It's a nice surprise to look in the mirror.
My under eye bags don't always look improved while I'm treating them but about 15 minutes after treatment they become so tight. It doesn't last 'til the end of the day all the time but nothing ever got them to tighten up like that.
I have had bags all my life. Diet has been the only thing that slightly improves them. EES helped a little too. I am no longer using it but will try again to see what the EES adds to Pico.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Cora wrote:
I'm personally not an idiot. I know when something is giving me results and when it's not. I have been doing facial exercise/massage for quite some time and have never had great results on my upper eye area with that alone. There is obviously something to the micro current. I'm very excited to keep going to see what other results I'll get.

I have spent a lot of money trying to fight aging but I have never once felt compelled to convince myself that something is working even when it's not.

Just saying...

Thank you Cora -- I loved your comments! That is precisely the point. When it comes to different products or gadgets, what works for some may not work as great for others or as fast for others. BUT, truth be told, if there is something that seems to be providing even temporary lift or fullness or smoothing or whatever, then we want to share that with others. For me personally, the Tria and the Pico have been money well worth spending. I've used the lightstim, ultrasound and even the FIM lamp and none of them have produced results similar to the Tria and Pico one-two punch. I am thrilled to see line reduction in 8 weeks after using the Tria... I am now taking a break. For me with the Pico, it's been a month. I can already see lift and fullness and it's starting to last longer and longer. When I use it with ASG, I get a huge boost in results. When I use it alone, not as much. Having said that, I believe that the Pico is a stand alone product and the ionic spray works great with the device. ASG just amps up every gadget that I've ever used; the Pico being the absolute best so far...FOR ME. I also think that diet does play a huge part in the anti-aging equation. Diet and proper supplements in the way of minerals and elements. I am presently supplementing with iodine, selenium, Vitamin B, zinc and a topical magnesium. Even though my skin was drier previously using the Tria, I have seen a tremendous improvement taking these particular supplements, which I started for a whole other reason. All the best, Aprile Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Did the *new* Pico thread go Kaput?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I guess EDS does not want us talking about Pico for now, so lets just wait.. or are we that impatient!!! lol
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Clearly discussing pico is fine, hence this poll us here. Smile
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:21 am      Reply with quote
significant results here, bordering on substantial, but I think one person commented

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:39 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Did the *new* Pico thread go Kaput?

They'll clean it up and put it back up but the new name of the thread will be "Girls Behaving Badly". Watch for it! Lol
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Talk about bad timing. I'm back from holiday, my Pico has arrived and I want to start using it - but all of that useful info and the video links have gone kaput!

Whilst we're waiting for the main thread to be cleaned up (thanks for letting us know that it will return, havana - that's a relief and much appreciated), I hope it's okay to ask a few quick questions. I don't want to start another thread in case things kick off again.

1) Please could someone post links to PQ's helpful vids and any other recommended "how to use" vids?

2) I remember that you're supposed to drink plenty of water beforehand. Any advice on how much and how soon beforehand, please?

3) Was it decided that lying down could make it work more effectively?

4) Am I right in remembering that the right hand is supposed to be higher than the left?

5) Any other helpful tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! Very Happy
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Majorb,

Here's the link to PQ's blog. I don't believe he will be posting here anymore...too much drama. http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/
Yes you should drink water before and after. I drink 16 oz. prior and after, but everyone is different. The lying down position works real well with gravity..push up hard on the muscles. If you are doing holds -- it should be between 30-40 seconds. Experiment with intensity levels - if you find you aren't seeing any results on the recommended level 15 to start, you can go up. More drama on that point last night, new Pico thread was removed. I would say everyone needs to be careful how high they go. Currently I am at level 35 with no issues like headaches or lights flashing or anything else. Others have reported those types of issues, which are somewhat natural for microcurrent. Here's the link to that information which is mainly referring to the Nuface. http://www.theperformanceleader.com/nuface-review/ Scroll down to see the comments. Also, the black glove should be on top when doing cinching movements or holds. The videos that PQ has on his blog are excellent and will show and explain how to do it! Hope that I covered all of your questions! Good luck to you! Best, Aprile Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Aprile, you are a sweetheart. Thank you so much! Very Happy

I've saved all of that info to a Word doc, just in case this thread disappears too.

I'm awfully sorry to hear that PQ probably won't be posting here anymore. He's a mine of information with all of these devices and I always looked forward to his posts.

aprile wrote:
Majorb,

Here's the link to PQ's blog. I don't believe he will be posting here anymore...too much drama. http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/
Yes you should drink water before and after. I drink 16 oz. prior and after, but everyone is different. The lying down position works real well with gravity..push up hard on the muscles. If you are doing holds -- it should be between 30-40 seconds. Experiment with intensity levels - if you find you aren't seeing any results on the recommended level 15 to start, you can go up. More drama on that point last night, new Pico thread was removed. I would say everyone needs to be careful how high they go. Currently I am at level 35 with no issues like headaches or lights flashing or anything else. Others have reported those types of issues, which are somewhat natural for microcurrent. Here's the link to that information which is mainly referring to the Nuface. http://www.theperformanceleader.com/nuface-review/ Scroll down to see the comments. Also, the black glove should be on top when doing cinching movements or holds. The videos that PQ has on his blog are excellent and will show and explain how to do it! Hope that I covered all of your questions! Good luck to you! Best, Aprile Smile
Lynxette
5% products discount

Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, a few days of not looking into the forum, and something strange must have gone down in the meantime. I've looked into the new microcurrent threads, and felt really uncomfortable with the tone of some posts. I don't want to imagine what happened in the old thread.
Anyway, I dont know how to take the poll, but let me just say that I still use the Pico, at 35, 20 minutes each side, well hydrated, and I've been experiencing very nice results. Forehead line that used to be huge is very, very soft, I have never had bad eye wrinkles, but they have decreased more, my face is firmer, jawline is responding slowly, but responding.
I havent had anyone comment on changes in my face directly, but I have been getting loads of nice compliments lately. So I belong to the group that see results, I guess.
And I am not just imagining it, I had the STOP before and saw no progress at all with that (and I really wanted to ). Different things work for different people. I, for one, am glad I got the Pico, and am grateful for PQs posts that gave me the idea to order it. I am sorry to hear that he might not be posting anymore.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I'm doing the same thing right now!

majorb wrote:
Aprile, you are a sweetheart. Thank you so much! Very Happy

I've saved all of that info to a Word doc, just in case this thread disappears too.

I'm awfully sorry to hear that PQ probably won't be posting here anymore. He's a mine of information with all of these devices and I always looked forward to his posts.

aprile wrote:
Majorb,

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |