Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
new pico toner thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Is there any way we could have a pico thread WITHOUT any deviations. Just for us poor old users who want to share experiences and offer advice!

I for one love it, I AM NOT GETTING ANYTHING FROM PICO. But I would say it is working for ME, and well worth the money,FOR ME

I am using it P1 alternate days and just started P2 when I am able.Even with that little amount I am seeing differences , my 11s and forehead lines and my cheeks are plumper, skin feels tighter. I have never had that with any other MC device before.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:30 am      Reply with quote
I love it, too, Sylvia, and hope that we can continue discussions that are on subject and useful. Thanks for starting this.

I guess I should add that I do not sell the Pico or any other skin care / beauty device/product. There.

Let's get on with it... Very Happy
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Cora, are you doing P2 ?
Do you use the same moves, I know there was some discussion on the previous thread about the differences between 1and 2 but I cant remember the answers.

I am just really using PQ' s gliding movements from his recs for P1 , seems to be ok!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Yes I do P2 on alternate days. Just started doing 20 min per side on P1 to see if I can get more results quicker.

As far as moves on P2 I'm still not sure what to do so I do a variety of things including PQ's movements on his blog.

I'm sure the massage is helpful to the skin and muscles and I don't have to exfoliate very often. Probably a result of rubbing the gloves on my face. They are kinda rough but in a good way. My face always looks shiny like I just did a pumpkin peel Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:58 am      Reply with quote
The Pico poll was taken down.
Maybe once they get them cleaned up the threads will come back.

Prevention is the best cure and clearly eliminating the source of the problem would take care of any future disruption on this or other related threads.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Shouldn't this be in the gadget room?

I have a question about how the machine works. I've been really interested in the safetox as far as microcurrent to relax vs build opposing muscles. Is this the same premise, just in a more mobile form for use on different muscles?
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
UmEnis

Yes you are probably right, sorry Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Be carefully with the pico. Last week I raised it to 45 used 20min twice, had huge non stop migraines for 48 hours, nothing worked for it. Then 3rd day at night I had a seizure. I never had any problems of this kind before. My husband n mother in low who has heart problems thought I was gonna die so called 911. I ended up at the emergency. I'm glad I have insurance. long story short. Be carefully raising the intensity.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Sad thats really scary.Did you forget to drink water before?
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Lucyluc, you can't be serious.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hasnaa wrote:
Be carefully with the pico. Last week I raised it to 45 used 20min twice, had huge non stop migraines for 48 hours, nothing worked for it. Then 3rd day at night I had a seizure. I never had any problems of this kind before. My husband n mother in low who has heart problems thought I was gonna die so called 911. I ended up at the emergency. I'm glad I have insurance. long story short. Be carefully raising the intensity.

Hasnaa, I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. That sounds really scary and awful to go through. But have you ever had migraines before? Have you ever had any other microcurrent treatments (professional or home gadget)? If so, any problems with that? Did you have any problems with the Pico at lower intensity?

Microcurrent (Pico or any other) is probably not for everyone. Just like some people are sensitive to strobe lights but others aren't, some are probably super-sensitive to electrical currents in the body. It's really unfortunate that it can't be known ahead of time.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm very sorry to hear this Hasnaa. Especially as I read in the thread where Parricia had told people that they weren't getting results because they needed to turn their devices up stronger. There was so much confusion over how to use them, because Neurotris themselves don't seem to know how they should be used. This is very disconcerting, and I can only imagine how horrifying this incident must have been for you and your loved ones. I hope that you make a full and total recovery, with no lasting repercussions.

All the talk of migraines, insomnia and tinnitus were certainly indicative that using an electrical current right near your brain can obviously have powerful effects. Regular salon microcurrent devices use a very low current, and anyone can explain the current in simple terms. What was always worrying was that nobody seemed to actually know what P1 or P2 even is. Just marketing speak about one building collagen and fixing wrinkles or something, and the other one giving you a facelift (I can't really remember exactly, but that was the general idea).

When I spoke to Patricia, I was shocked that I could find out absolutely nothing regarding how the device worked. She honestly didn't seem to know. I started to think this is a cheap device manufactured in China, not something they manufacture themselves. Obviously you would know everything about a device you created yourself.

When you look at other such devices used near the face/brain such as the safetox, you can find proper controlled studies and always on the ball customer service that could tell you anything and everything you needed to know. Safety is of course a huge concern when working with electricity near the brain.

I really hope others will see a bit of sense finally that this may not be the place to be throwing your money. ASG is just going to drain your wallet, but this could kill you.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yikes, that is scary. Sounds like you are doing better, glad to hear it.

I too have had headaches that may be from the microcurrent. I had frequent headaches when using NuFace and never connected it to the device, now when i use the PICO, the headaches are back.

I last used it at 35, with no glove inserts and had a whopper of a headache. I will lower it next time. Thanks for the warning.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, I've gotten a bit of a headache from Pico, too. No migraine, but I attribute it to Pico. And insomnia from using it in the evening (which is why I now use it in the a.m. only).

Hasnaa, please know I asked those questions not to trivialize what happened to you but to help identify any other causative factors in what happened to you. When I get an apparent negative consequence from something I'm trying (supplement, skin care gadget, etc.), I try to holistically look at everything that might be contributing to cause it. Sometimes very minor tweaking of a routine or procedure can eliminate all bad side effects. Thinking about all the possibilities can also help you realize whether or not you should ever do something like microcurrent again.

In the manual for every gadget I've ever bought there is a list of contraindications. This is true of Pico, BI, Reaura, and Merbe (my most recent acquisitions). It is incumbent upon the consumer to look out for those, or ultimately we can all be judged by our governments as incompetent to have access to these devices. No one asked me if I'd ever had epilepsy when I bought my BI, for example, or if I had melasma when I bought my Reaura.

That said, things sometimes just happen, and Hasnaa, again, please know I'm sorry for what happened to you. It sounds terrible. I hope the best for you.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
It is also scary that absolutely nowhere that I could find on the Neurotris site, despite their selling directly to the public do they list the contraindications. Any other site I have seen that sell microcurrent do this, even Chinese sellers on eBay.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs - what do you think of the Merbe? Would you say it's money well spent?
Another poster on here mentioned I might like it for my gadget collection. Very Happy
Another mentioned they make much cheaper ones from China just like it and that might be just fine in the case of an ultrasound.

Of course I wouldn't buy a cheapie microcurrent but... just wandering what your take is. Thanks...Sis

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
But it *is* in the manual.

BTW, reminding everyone: not a huge Pico fan. My jury is still out regarding this device. Just trying to keep some facts straight here, as they frequently look to be getting distorted.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Yep, I've gotten a bit of a headache from Pico, too. No migraine, but I attribute it to Pico. And insomnia from using it in the evening (which is why I now use it in the a.m. only).

Hasnaa, please know I asked those questions not to trivialize what happened to you but to help identify any other causative factors in what happened to you. When I get an apparent negative consequence from something I'm trying (supplement, skin care gadget, etc.), I try to holistically look at everything that might be contributing to cause it. Sometimes very minor tweaking of a routine or procedure can eliminate all bad side effects. Thinking about all the possibilities can also help you realize whether or not you should ever do something like microcurrent again.

In the manual for every gadget I've ever bought there is a list of contraindications. This is true of Pico, BI, Reaura, and Merbe (my most recent acquisitions). It is incumbent upon the consumer to look out for those, or ultimately we can all be judged by our governments as incompetent to have access to these devices. No one asked me if I'd ever had epilepsy when I bought my BI, for example, or if I had melasma when I bought my Reaura.

That said, things sometimes just happen, and Hasnaa, again, please know I'm sorry for what happened to you. It sounds terrible. I hope the best for you.

I thought the BI machine was a professional machine? It should be being sold to trained professionals who of course know the contraindications. This is not the case for consumer products, where the consumer has the right to know if the product could send him/her to the hospital(or worse) if they are contraindicated. It is not ok to read it in the booklet after you have bought it. It is completely unacceptable. And we don't know if unacceptable levels of microcurrent actually bought on epilepsy that Hasnaa had never experienced before.

I think it shows an incredible lack of understanding of the dangers to be saying such things to Hasnaa as: "I try to holistically look at everything that might be contributing to cause it. Sometimes very minor tweaking of a routine or procedure can eliminate all bad side effects " in regards to a condition such as epilepsy. We're not talking about a bit of skin dehydration here. Or a breakout of spots. Seriously suggesting Hasnaa could have eliminated a side effect like epilepsy by 'tweaking her routine', is not only both incorrect, but lacking in empathy.

If she has epilepsy and it was never bought up to her as a consumer when or before buying the product, then that is a big problem. It is not in the same realm as melasma. If she never had epilepsy and it was caused by using frequencies higher than are usually recommended, then that's a problem too.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
sistersweets said:
Quote:
Yubs - what do you think of the Merbe? Would you say it's money well spent?
Another poster on here mentioned I might like it for my gadget collection. Very Happy
Another mentioned they make much cheaper ones from China just like it and that might be just fine in the case of an ultrasound.

Of course I wouldn't buy a cheapie microcurrent but... just wandering what your take is. Thanks...Sis

sister, I honestly don't know. I have used it only once because I only have one type of microcurrent gel that I don't want to overuse. Plus I have more gadgets than time right now. Sad

CookieD really likes hers, though, so you might ask her. I got the idea from her. It does appear to be exactly like the Sqoom. Well built little gadget...not flimsy. I got it off of ebay for about $250. Send you the link if you want.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hasnaa, if my questions seemed insensitive to you, I apologize. I didn't mean that. That's how I approach everything that happens to me (try to get to the bottom of what really happened) and I tend to take that approach with everything. I truly hope you're okay. Please ignore the dumb bickering and come on back if you want.
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hasnaa,
Really sorry to hear.
I love my pico but I have recently thought microcurrent must affect the meridians of the body. I have that holistic bent and can't ignore that it can have an effect on bodily functions and health.
That said, I'm glad a Pico thread has resurfaced.
I really am getting great results and basically from day one.
Hooded eyelids lifting. Jowls slowly improving. Not a lot of filling but definite overall lifting.
Even though I don't use program 2 much, wrinkles are smoothing out a bit.
I have kept the black glove on my right hand and the red on my left. Going back to my original statement of meridians and electricity, this might be the way to go as the left side of the body is receptive and the right the transmitter.
Don't ask me to back this up with science. I won't be able to. Just putting the idea that it may be less likely to mess up our body's balance this way.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:

Microcurrent (Pico or any other) is probably not for everyone. Just like some people are sensitive to strobe lights but others aren't, some are probably super-sensitive to electrical currents in the body. It's really unfortunate that it can't be known ahead of time.

that's why pico should have a return policy so it can be returned if it does not suit the person.. $600 is not pocket change ...
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Totally agree, daler. I don't recall what they say about refunds, but if they don't take them, they should.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Totally agree, daler. I don't recall what they say about refunds, but if they don't take them, they should.

I think pico is not returnable... thats' what i recall reading on the original thread.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
you could try to resell it on ebay for 400 maybe....
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |