Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
new pico toner thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Isn't this a timely email. I just received this from Patricia today.

Pico Toner FAQ's # 1

We have received some great questions and prefer to share the answers with all Pico owners.

Question:
"Can I use salt water with my gloves as a replacement for the Ion Spray"

Answer:
"We do not recommend mixing your own solutions as too much salt in the water may make the solution over conductive which may cause an excess load on the Pico Toner. It is best to use just plain water. The Ion spray helps conduct the signals more evenly throughout the surface of the glove for best performance".

We are in final production of a NEW formula that will be including natural Himalayan Sea Salts.

Additionally, we will also have a NEW Stem Cell Molecule Gliding Gel formulated for use with the Pico Toner.
Should be ready from the lab soon. I will advise all when ready.

Neurotris and BioRegenerative Sciences (BRS) have combined their respective technologies to bring you the latest in anti-aging skin care. In addition to the vibrational signatures applied to the skin by the Neurotris Pico Toner, another positive effect, when used in conjunction with the S2RM® technology of BRS, is the introduction of the S2RM® molecules into the deeper layers of the skin. Thus, the stem cell released molecules in the S2RM® that mimic and enhance the natural healing properties of the skin are more efficiently applied to the layers of the skin when topically applied in conjunction with the Neurotris Pico Toner.
**Ion Spray, Conductive gliding gels and Conductive S2RM® gliding gels are manufactured for NeurotriS by BioRegenerative Sciences.**

Please feel free to forward your questions to me as the information is valuable to all.

Kind Regards

Patricia
patricia@neurotris.com
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:03 am      Reply with quote

These microcurrent device have been in China long before the launch of Pico and the price is less than USD 30 each.
MyrnaLoy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I use the fingertip pads of the gloves most often and those parts are wearing a bit more quickly than the rest of the gloves. Mostly I hate the Velcro on the wristband. I have repeatedly snagged both the gloves and some garments with the jagged edges, especially in the beginning when I was so awkwardly using the Pico. I don't wear anything I care much about when I use it now.

I had my doubts about the Neurotris folks before I bought the Pico and bought it anyway. I will own my decision. I am just going to ignore the fact that I paid waaaay too much for my Pico device. I shall become the Queen of Denial on the topic and provide my daughters with the cheapo versions. Oh, I could seethe and regret but that would just lead to frowning, and frowning is what caused that nasty 11 wrinkle that I have so beautifully eradicated with Pico. It is over and done and I have a great jawline and eyebrows so high that I needed to buy new eyeglass frames. (But damn, $600!)

New gels and sprays? I guess we should Google the ingredients for those too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Myrna - Just curious, how long have you been using the device? I agree with you about the wrist band...I don't use it anymore... I perform my sessions lying down anyway, so it's really not needed. For me anyway, I think in the long run, if we see good results that we weren't getting from any other device or even facial exercise, it will be money well worth spent. Also, I believe I heard or read somewhere there is another program that can be added to the device going forward..but don't quote me on that. I think that's why some devices only go for 20 mins. and others do run the full 30 mins. I am actually going to email the company about that....

Daler - Yes I did hear from the company about the spray being made for them by their own chemist. Seriously, why is that so hard to believe that they have their own chemist? The fact that they need to be assured that the spray will work effectively with their device...i.e., correct proportions would explain that. Also, now with this new email you can see they are in process of developing a new product to be used with the Pico, and in my mind only a chemist could do that... I don't see why all the doubt... Confused
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:46 am      Reply with quote
MyrnaLoy - The Pico is obviously working for you. Would you really want to give it up?
Personally, I would be dubious about a device from China.
For the money you could get one, just to try - as a comparison.

As far as the ionic spray - they are changing the type of salt to something more natural(and more mineralized) than a standard grocery store variety like "mortons". I use himalayan pink salt at home and Celtic salt. I wonder why this decision was made. Minerals are very conductive in the body and healthy....

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Pico for a couple of months. I've never had any professional treatments, more's the pity. I didn't notice much difference for the first few weeks of use. It doesn't do as much for my cheeks as I'd like, although that might be my age or technique. But for jawline, eyes and 11s? Nothing beats it. So no, I would not give it up.

I am open to trying something with a better quality salt and fewer additives. I use Celtic and Himalayan salt among others in my diet and would prefer something more mineral-y in anything I would use on my skin too. Hmmm, wonder if my body's high mineral content makes me more conductive? Nah, prolly not.

After looking at the pictures of the Chinese devices I decided that I will remove the Pico from the dreaded gigantic Velcro wristband. I considered doing it when someone posted her replacement iPod wristband for it but kept it on anyway. I really am a drone sometimes. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:04 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
......Personally, I would be dubious about a device from China......

If there is no quality control in the production and system, it happens elsewhere.

Most electronics gadgets like mobile phones, tablets, notebook computers etc. are made in China.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:12 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
......Personally, I would be dubious about a device from China......

If there is no quality control in the production and system, it happens elsewhere.

Most electronics gadgets like mobile phones, tablets, notebook computers etc. are made in China.

Sorry Summer. I'll explain further - the point is this: all electronics from China are not equal (or from anywhere for that matter) and there is a considerable range in quality. I would not compare my cheapie ultrasound device from China ($25.00) to my nice $300 one. (It may even have been manufactured in China). However they are not even close in terms of quality. I am curious if the cheap devices just pictured would be anything of the quality of the Pico. I hope I've made my point clearer to you.
Sis

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Sis,

OK, I've got your point now.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Patricia from Neurotris wrote:

Quote:
The Ion spray helps conduct the signals more evenly throughout the surface of the glove for best performance".

To me, this sounds as though the spray does not help the current penetrate deeper through the skin but spreads the current more evenly on the skin's surface. I still think wetting the gloves intermittently throughout the treatment would achieve the same result.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:45 am      Reply with quote
MyrnaLoy wrote:
I've been using Pico for a couple of months. I've never had any professional treatments, more's the pity. I didn't notice much difference for the first few weeks of use. It doesn't do as much for my cheeks as I'd like, although that might be my age or technique. But for jawline, eyes and 11s? Nothing beats it. So no, I would not give it up.

I am open to trying something with a better quality salt and fewer additives. I use Celtic and Himalayan salt among others in my diet and would prefer something more mineral-y in anything I would use on my skin too. Hmmm, wonder if my body's high mineral content makes me more conductive? Nah, prolly not.

After looking at the pictures of the Chinese devices I decided that I will remove the Pico from the dreaded gigantic Velcro wristband. I considered doing it when someone posted her replacement iPod wristband for it but kept it on anyway. I really am a drone sometimes. Rolling Eyes

Myrna - have you tried doing the routine lying down? I do mine on my couch and push up strong with my fingers under my cheeks and at the same time, push my feet against the arm (side) of the couch. This seems to work to really keep the cheeks up there. As previously mentioned, it's not lasting all day yet, but for a good 6 hours. Also then you don't need the strap.... Smile Aprile
MyrnaLoy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing it lying down (lately) but still with the strap attached. I'm not sure why. As I said, I can be a drone.

So Aprile, what is your theory on adding the full-body flexing to microcurrent to the face? In my mind facial tension would be more effective than body muscle flexion, but I am open to all theories. I don't think a tense face would be beneficial to the treatment though, so I'll try it your way.

Myrna

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Showing pictures of cheap devices that use microcurrent and gloves combo and wondering if they are the same quality reminds me of many discussions I've seen online about Ugg boots. Lots of people adore their Uggs and will brook no imitation, and others see a pair that are a fraction of the price as being just as comfortable. I can only hope that the Pico is the genuine Ugg of its field. Wink
I dont expect neurotris to function as a charity..obviously they are in business.
Maybe some members will check out the cheapie systems and report back their results.
Keliu..am I wrong in thinking that you bought a cheapie golden spoon microcurrent device? I was wondering how it turned out.
I'm also wondering how the ReFa microcurrent device is holding up, I think sigma has one.
MyrnaLoy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Okay, catski, that's my mantra: I have genuine Uggs. I have genuine Uggs. I have genuine Uggs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Catski,

I stopped using Refa, between Yamuna and a roller (recommended on a European forum and similar to http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Palm-Shaped-Body-Massager/dp/B005GLQFJI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8&colid=9SODCAXGWMJS&coliid=I28BL2MW14LMOF
) it was just too much.

I never got around to actually measuring Refa or Pico.

HTH

5% products discount

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:35 am      Reply with quote
MyrnaLoy wrote:
Okay, catski, that's my mantra: I have genuine Uggs. I have genuine Uggs. I have genuine Uggs.

Love this Very Happy

Anyone any tips please for underneath the eyes, erasing lines? I'm not quite sure if my fingers should move inwards in a circular motion or outwards.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Oh Sigma, my pilates teacher gave me a go with one of those massagers last week.. I thought it was very good, and so cheap! How are you using it? I was shown it for relaxing outer thigh muscle.

I love the Yamuna for face, it is soooo opening and relaxing, it's a favourite. I just bought a DVD 'yamuna for abs' ! Intrigued. ( but lazy.)

Yes, we are the UgPico Tribe. A matriarchy with very high eyebrows.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Rebecca1 wrote:
Is anyone else having a problem with "wear and tear" on the gloves? I have used mine daily for over 3 weeks mostly just rinsing, occasionally gently washing. However the area around one of the connector clips has thinned out, so much so now that I cant get a current through the glove. If i place the connector (and hold it there) elsewhere on the glove it works fine. I have written to the company but have had no reply. Do you think they should last longer than this? Has anyone out there except PQ tried the cheaper gloves available?
(

Yipes...I just examined my Pico gloves (wet) and the fingertips resemble an old worn sweater with little nubs of material balling up. They are definitely wearing down and thinning out. Whaaaaat? I haven't even had two full months of use with them yet. Are they warranteed and if not, what is the replacement cost for new gloves?

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
puddlelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Mountaingirl, I haven't tried it yet, but I'm hopeful of being able to put the gloves on the other hand (so using the other side of the fingertips) and just working closer to the face (as the attachment with be on the inside of the wrist) if that makes sense!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
MyrnaLoy, can I just ask which exercises you have been following? PQ's or Christines or someone elses?
I just can't work my eyes-I get a deep line above my brow when I grab my brow and lift

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Catski,

with this roller - I start with the top of spine (the "hump") and the back of the neck from the head all the way to the shoulders; then decolletage, front of the neck; double chin (up-down and sideways); the the face - gently without pulling the skin, including one "ball" under the eye, then on upper eyelid; then forehead; then pretending to comb the hair behind the years and back until I come back to the starting point.

The idea is to relax the muscles that are tight and bring blood to the skin.

Sorry for the off-top.

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:

Yipes...I just examined my Pico gloves (wet) and the fingertips resemble an old worn sweater with little nubs of material balling up. They are definitely wearing down and thinning out. Whaaaaat? I haven't even had two full months of use with them yet. Are they warranteed and if not, what is the replacement cost for new gloves?

Yes, this is what I'm saying. And seeing. It does not bode well.

5% products discount

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I mailed Neurotris and replacement gloves cost $95
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Fiona 1 wrote:

But, I would hope Neurotris would replace gloves for free if they wear out before the one year warranty is up. It's terrible that people's gloves are starting to fall apart already.
Fiona 1
5% products discount

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Fiona 1 wrote:

But, I would hope Neurotris would replace gloves for free if they wear out before the one year warranty is up. It's terrible that people's gloves are starting to fall apart already.

Absolutely, I have mine for 2 weeks and can see they are already beginning to wear hence mailing them about cost. They are fine for now but I'm worried as to how long they will last.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |