Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Pictures: results with microcurrent
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Since I am getting tired of it being implied by some people that I and others like me are idiots for seeing results with microcurrent that aren't really there, I have decided to post a link to some pictures.

http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/chinsbob/library/Jowls%20and%20marionette%20line%20progress?sort=9&page=1

The pictures are of my use of Beautiful Image 2x a week, with Pico almost daily. I have taken the pictures mostly based on Beautiful Image treatments because daily pictures aren't a moot point as they don't show the results the way more time-lapsed pictures.

I created a Photobucket account specifically for this, and apologies for lack of titles on the pictures, and for not being able to get pictures to actually appear in the post. I don't know how. If someone will share with me how to do that, I will.

First picture date is 5/13/13, before any microcurrent treatment at all. Last picture date is 6/15/13. Start with the upper left picture for 5/13/13 and end at the lower right picture for 6/15/13. The main point is the difference between the first picture and the last.

Please note that these pictures are not WOW, FACELIFT! But they *do* show progress in a very difficult area (jowls/marionettes). And in only a month. I'm very pleased with the results.

Also worth noting is that I'm heavy, so I would be one of the problem children that has difficulty seeing results with microcurrent.

Nay-sayers pick them apart if you want. I'm okay with that because I know what time it is.

P.S. Please note that my nose does not look like that in person! It's the camera angle. Sadly, I think it makes me look like a pig. It was hard for me to post these because of that, but I felt it was important to do so to counter some misinformation. I'm proud of the improvement and hope others can be inspired, too.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I definitely see improvement, but I would expect to based on the price and quality of the BI machine. If I was going to buy a professional machine, that would be the one I would go for.

And anyone's nose would look like Miss Piggy from that angle...thanks for overlooking that and sharing the pics!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, bethany.

Yea, definitely not attributing this improvement to Pico alone. But I do think it contributes, and my main point is that it's been implied that microcurrent in general just doesn't work. I think that's...bunkum. Very Happy
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Yubs
Thank you for your bravery in posting the pictures, you can definitely see an improvement!
And Bethany is right anyones nose would look like that its the camera!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi yubs yes there is a definite improvement.I had professional micro current every week for a year and the results were very good.I stopped having them as the cost was so high and bought the pico as i was hoping it would help maintain the results i got with using the professional machine unfortunately it hasn't so far but i'm not giving up.But i will say my friend has had very good results with the pico.As Bethany says i would expect those sorts of results you have achieved with the professional machine.But so far it looks to be working for you.x
ellenk
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:22 am      Reply with quote
O my goodness-this is fantastic. Thank you so much

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Great results! Thanks for posting the pics.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Yubs,

Those are fantastic results for a home product. I would be thrilled with that kind of improvement. How long have you been using BI and how long for Pico. Do you still do BI twice a week in addition to Pico? I want to thank you for posting your photos, it is very encouraging indeed! I also have major issues with my under eye area (bags and extra skin when I smile) did you see any improvement?
peaprincess
5% products discount

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Thanks so much for posting these.

Your results are fabulous. I don't see that anyone could possibly disagree! What progress! I should be pleased to pay the cost of the device and more for results like that.

All this information really helps those who are still trying to make a decision (or save up!) So, thank you again.

Alice
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Very very nice results, Yubs, congrats>
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing. It looks like you took each of these pictures in the same room with the same lighting - thank you for being consistent with that, it really helps to show the exact results.

It's great that you show such improvement in just a month!!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:23 am      Reply with quote
how many microcurrent treatment with BI did you have and do you continue to get them?Looks very nice,an obvious improvement.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I believe that microcurrent will freshen the skin, have some toning effects, but I think it is a gross overstatement to make women think they will be getting something akin to a facelift. If these photos prove otherwise to you, then we must have a different critical outlook.

I see some slight firming perhaps, but from everything I know about the skin, it looks more to me like a bit of fluid retention has been cleared out of the jowls (which is nice but not permanent). I do believe microcurrent can be good for the skin, along with ultrasound, lasers, Dermarollers, LEDs the list goes on. I do not believe this technology that has existed for decades is going to prove to be the holy grail. It might be a nice adjunct for those that have the time and choose it above any of the other time consuming things we have to choose these days.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs, thank you v much for being brave enough to post your photos here... I would call it a slight, but definite improvement but given that u have been using MC only for few months, you may get much better results.. also, you are using BI as well, so hard to tell if these results are from 1000s of $ of saloon quality machine or the pico.. but yes MC has given you improvement, particularly in your skin tone.. and again thank you for posting your photos... and your improvement shows up in the photos as it might be even more in real as improvement is not easy to see in before n after unless its drastic, like a surgery... pls keep us posted with your photos in the coming months if you dont mind..
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs - Thanks for sharing your progress. I can see the progression and the increase in results. Very encouraging. Toby's results (for those who didn't see her pictures) were over the period of several months - over 9 or more I think so it does take time.

Microcurrent is not sold to be an instant facelift.

Yubs - You have beautiful lips. Smile . Some people pay lots to get something even similar.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting your pictures Yubs. Great results esp. after only a month. Pictures don't always do justice so I'm sure it's even more noticable in person.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I agree brierrose - Pictures do not always do the results justice.
Also for my part - the best initial results were in the upper face. I think the lower face takes much more to show results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
For the record, I do not claim Pico gave me the biggest part of these results. I did not see results with Pico alone, and didn't experience any significant lift until the first time I used the Beautifual Image. However, I do think (can't prove) that Pico combined with other MC (home machine or professional) can and will yield stellar results. But these results are not stellar, just encouraging. Encouragement and to possibly put to bed some controversy over whether microcurrent works at all is why I posted.

I also think the results may take longer for some than others, for whatever reason. Perserverance may be the key.

Also worth noting is I've been pretty aggressive with the treatments...long sessions, long holds, etc. It's been fairly time-consuming but I hope ultimately to be able to spend only a fraction of the time doing maintenance. We'll see.

I also do take care to do my pictures in the same room, in the same lighting, standing in the same position, with the camera at the same angle. It's almost impossible to recreate the exact same angle, but in sum those details make a difference with credibility of progress pics. Whether it be for hair growth or skin rejuventation, or anything else.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Those are encouraging. Very Happy
puddlelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
My word Yubs! Thats excellent! Theres been tremendous lift in the NL area! I'm really pleased for you! You must be delighted!
Its good for me too as I had an off putting puffiness around my eyes after using the pico-I must continue! Its interesting though, although I've only used it three times, its as though I can feel it in my skin for hours after. It definately does something
Oh and the person who had 'pad envy' on the deleted thread-I wouldn't worry too much, the pads are fiddly to use and fall off easily unless you're lying down!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
puddlelover wrote:
My word Yubs! Thats excellent! Theres been tremendous lift in the NL area! I'm really pleased for you! You must be delighted!
Its good for me too as I had an off putting puffiness around my eyes after using the pico-I must continue! Its interesting though, although I've only used it three times, its as though I can feel it in my skin for hours after. It definately does something
Oh and the person who had 'pad envy' on the deleted thread-I wouldn't worry too much, the pads are fiddly to use and fall off easily unless you're lying down!

Thanks puddle!!! that was me with the 'pad envy'.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs, I can definitely see improvement - the whole face seems to be more taut. You can really see it when you enlarge the pics. Brave you are for posting. Thank you.

Since you have started this, I'll post mine, too. I don't like my mug on the internet so I cropped it to show just the eye area that I've been pleased with. I'm not claiming miracles but I do see some results. Hope the lower face follows suit.

These results are from using the Pico and no other type of micro current or salon device. I do have an ultrasound I use occasionally so maybe some of it was related. I have no idea but the Pico is what I'm consistently using.

The first pic was from early this year, the second one was from May and the last was just last week. I'm not sure why the last pic shows me with gray skin on the temple because it certainly isn't but maybe it's a shadow. Not sure.

My pictures aren't perfect as far as angle or lighting but you should be able to get a good idea. I had no makeup on in any of the pics and they were not taken after a treatment. As you can see I still have my eye bags which I'm working on. They aren't as evident in the last pic probably because of the angle but they are still there. Enlarge the pics to get the full picture.

http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/Cora831/library/Results%20with%20Pico%20Toner?sort=6&page=1&_suid=1371411456796020241725910454988
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
WOW Cora, amazing rejuvenation in your eye area! Very encouraging...thanks for the pic's!
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Cora, I can see a definite improvement in skin tone around the eye area. Good for you!

My eyes (which have a bad tendency towards hooding) have some fairly remarkable improvement with lifting the brow area, IMHO, but the bags are still bad which is why I didn't post eyes. I don't know if it's fat bags or lymph bags. Plus my eyebrows are a travesty. Laughing

Good progress on you!
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I second that WOW...
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Cora, are your photos photoshopped!!!!! it's a compliment, pls dont take it the wrong way.. n u r not even wearing any makeup u say, I am speechless.... all that crepe-iness is gone....
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |