Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: Dermalogica Barrier Repair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample of this with my order so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

My skin is oily/dehydrated at the moment. I found this stuff really strange at first. It's a clear gel that feels really silky/oily. I've never felt anything like it before. I wasn't really sure when to put it on or if I needed to moisturise aswell. So I used it after my toner and didn't moisturise. It feels a bit like Benefit's Dr Feelgood when you put it on your skin. After a bit it absorbs a little bit into your skin but when you rub your fingers on your skin it still feels a bit silky/oily/powdery. I know that sounds strange but it's the only way I can describe it. Even though it feels a bit oily when I look in the mirror my skin looks normal. After using it once I almost threw the rest of the sample in the bin thinking it was just too strange but I've got this obsession with using stuff up and not chucking it out. So I continued to use it for a few days and it has made my skin nice and soft and I swear my tissue paper dehydrated skin isn't as tissue papery. You only need the tiniest littlest bit and it spreads really well. Has anyone else tried this? Did you moisturise aswell? Sorry I'm babbling I'm a bit nervous for my first review. Embarassed
Mabsy

Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:26 am      Reply with quote
As far as I know, this is a moisturiser and you don't need anything over/under it. It's supposed to be used morning and night. The texture of this sounds really weird yet interesting. How is it in the humid weather btw?

Thanks for the review Smile
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
The weather has been alot milder the last few days and so it has been fine to use (I work in an airconditioned office too). I don't think I could use it on really humid days, I think it would make me sweat more.
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:22 am      Reply with quote
I've got this one too.... but being oily/combo even though it should be alright, I am with you Rosewater ( you described that feeling VERY well, that's exactlllllllly how it feels! Very Happy ) I don't use it during the day ( it seems like one's makeup would slip too much) but it's nice and soothing feeling after you do a face scrub ( or dermabrasion style exfoliator) at night. It is loaded to the eyeballs with silicon. So many makeup primers are silicon based now so the notion of makeup slipping is probably more just my own "feeling" than fact!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rosewater!
I got a sample of the Dermalogica Power Lift for the Eyes and Lips with my last order....and it feels exactly the way you've described the Barrier...The Barrier is silicone-based like the Power Lift - and doesn't contain any water - which results in this totally weird texture (for a treatment anyway)..I'm used to this type of feeling because it's exactly the same as what I experience with my foundation primer but it was SO WEIRD to experience it on my bare skin and to (psychologically) accept it as a full-blown treatment...Anyway - I was really intrigued by the anhydrous concept (since some say water-based eye treatments encourage eye puffiness) so I used the sample up......I LOVED the results so much that I ordered it!! Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get a sample of the Barrier with my order! At any rate, I'm so intrigued that I just might order it, regardless! Thanks for the review - much appreciated!
Pudoodles Very Happy
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pudoodles, Just seeing you mention anhydrous eye "creams" .... Prai's Radiant Eye Repair is a really good one which is that same feeling as Dermalogica Barrier repair, completely anhydrous, silicone based. It does a really good job, day or night and I have repurchased that one several times.
Very Happy
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Muzzie Very Happy - that's right! I've seen Cathy Kanga on the Shopping Channel a few times ...that eye treatment looks really interesting....I've nearly purchased the Prai skincare a million times! Have you used any other skincare from that line? I've used the Prai Take 5 -- which is that topical relaxer stuff (yuck in my book).... but I haven't tried any formal treatment...I'd love to hear your thoughts on any other Prai products and more info re" your results with the eye treatment! Thanks!
Pudoodles Very Happy
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pudoodles, I think I have actually used every product in the line! I used it almost exclusively through 2003 and most of last year and still get some things each time she comes on! Am using Dermalogica mainly ( used to before Prai and go back to it always) at the moment but still get them out when I feel like enjoying the Prai smell! They are definitely fragranced...but I really like the smell, its a sort of white floral/bubble gum smell! Hard to explain! Very Happy
There was one product only that I ever sent back ( we have it on TVSN which is the Aussie shopping channel, I have a home based business and see way too much of it! Rolling Eyes ) and that was the Take 5 one!!! Funny you should say that! It was very expensive for 15 ml of stuff that didnt do anything other than get in my eye and freak me out with it's cold stinging feeling. Sad
I like the Deep Foaming Cleanser ( wash off) better than the Creme Gel Cleanser ( just because I am oiler) ...love the Toner ( no alchohol).
The Silk range is realllllllllly nice.... I'm 44 so it's more for my age group. I have the Silk serum, Silk Structure plus, Silk Souffle Eye treatment( but prefer the Radiant Eye repair as I love that texture).
I've used the whole Vitamin C range ... right down to the Brightening mist! It is definitely more for drier skin though.... but I use( d) it at night 3-4 times a week.
The Radiance range... Love it. Got the Radiant Skin Therapy ( serum) ... it is an enzymatic exoliator, gentle) ... the Radiant Skin Creme ....really nice... not greasy, leaves a soft shimmer... Radiant Day Caviar.. ADORE that... it is anhydrous ...full of Dermaxyl ... NightRepair Caviar ( the one with the pink "eggs" in it) also anhydrous.
I have theO2 Brightening Peel and Polishing Facial thingy ( oh cant be bothered getting up and the name escapes me!)too.

I reallllllllllly love the Radiant Body Therapy serum... it is absolutely divine! Got lots of their body products too.

They do include a lot of products like Matrixyl and Dermaxyl, Vit C ..E... all sorts in their products aside from the Prai root ( I think the Matrixyl for example is more exciting than the prai root!! Shock )
If you want to know anything about any textures or whatever... just ask! I do recommend you have a go.... it is really good. I found it hard to believe a TV product but it's definitely as nice as anything else I've used, and that is a lot of product comparison in my case ( like hundreds of ranges over the years!). Bad Grin
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Hey
OK I bought some dermalogica products yesterday the shaving oils Which i've been using for years and love. the Sheer moisture,multivitamin power recovery masque,and the soothing booster. Which i'm in love, as I was telling some of the other forum memebers the lady gave me like close to 30 samples of dermalogica, including the barrier repair, you know what i'm getting ready as I type to get a tube. I LOVE IT, great review by the way, it does feel weird o baby but when it goes on the skin feels so good!!! Ofcourse thats the Silicone, but i've notice other great ingredients in there like shea butter oil Vit E and Evening Primrose oil, And my redness went does in seconds. Great review..and a great product from dermalogica Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm close to ordering a tube too Embarassed Very Happy I think it will be great for when winter rolls around.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |