Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Food * spam alert *
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, sis. I wish it were true! But even so it's nice someone say something nice like that. I appreciate the compliment. Smile

Jury still out on Peat. Overall I feel better but still not entirely wedded to it yet.

He seems to have put my cravings to bed but it's been about a month since I started and they seem to be coming back a little. This is a typical pattern for me, no matter what eating style I adopt that doesn't incorporate regular fixes of cheeseburgers and fries. Rolling Eyes I'm not terribly surprised or disheartened by it. I'm just trying to tweak the process to see if I can make the cravings go away again.

I have lost a few pounds but nothing to write home about. However, they do say about a pound a week is healthy. I've done that. <whine>But I want it to go faster.</whine> Laughing

One thing I'm not doing that maybe I should is upping my sugar/fructose intake. I suspect die-hard Peaters would say that not ingesting enough sugar is inhibiting the process (maybe gretchen will chime in if she's reading this), and so far I've only been using orange juice and fruit plus a little maple syrup for sugar intake. I'm not yet well-versed enough to elucidate Peat's theories even though they make sense to me, but suffice it to say his idea that sugar/fructose supports healthy metabolism rather than harms it are controversial, and is the primary reason so many dismiss or don't like him.

But it does make sense if you read up on his work, and I've had enough success with this part of my experiment that I'm going to up my sugar/fructose intake for the next month to see what happens. If I look to be gaining weight (limit is 5lbs) I'll stop. But nothing tried, nothing gained, right? No pun intended and I hope my word choice is not an omen for the future. har Wink

Thanks for asking!

Barefootgirl wrote:
We generally don't crave meats or veggies, but often sweet or crunchy things....made from processed carbs.

I have yet to find something to kill that sweet tooth...but I need to.

I just try to give it a little bit, so it doesn't trigger bigger cravings later.

BFG

BFG, something I recently discovered that helps put sweet cravings to bed and is good for you: a cup of milk (your choice of fat percentage), some real maple syrup to taste, and a few drops of vanilla. Deeply yummy, tastes like ice cream without all the calories, and is good for you. Of course the consistency is not like ice cream but this will satisfy a sweet craving unless you really don't like vanilla or are lactose intolerant.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |