Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

First IPL with BBL scheduled July 18th
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie

Do you think a 3rd treatment will make a difference?
I was thinking of doing the Nuderm than the Ipl after 12 weeks or laser or a chemical peel?
I am scheduled to do another IPl on Sept 18th but after 2 and little results I am not sure if a 3rd would help???
By a deep chemical peel are you referring to a 35% tca peel?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I do see some improvements...maybe do one more?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Really?

I can see a slight difference but nothing significant. Maybe I was expecting more...
I just want to have a fresh looking face the one I used to have before the sun damaged it over the years. I thought the IPl might give the same results as someone who did the Obagi Nuderm program.

The first picture of my forehead you can see some grid like marks which was more or less addressed by the second treatment but as you can see my overall skin still has that tanned look to it and I still have several brown spots.

Maybe I will go for a 3rd????

I called my derm to see if they carry the skinmedica lytera because they do carry the skinmedica line but she told me no they didn't. They use Obagi for pigmentation but they are so much more expensice than if I purchased it here on EDS.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
You definitely want to purchase it from the most affordable place...check both here and Lovelyskin since they often have sales of 20% off or more, and you get rewards points. That adds up when doing a long term program like Obagi.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany
Much cheaper in pricing. I like to order from eds!!!

Have you had any success with the Lytera?
Theres just not a lot info on it at this point.

The before/afters they have on their website IMO are great but I wonder if that's the norm....
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I am using it 2x a day on my arms and hands, and don't have anything noteworthy to report back yet. Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
I might have a change oh heart tonight.

Perhaps I will go on with a 3rd treatment. Maybe
I am expecting too much from only 2.

I think I might need 5 though and not 3 like the nurse told me.

I just don't want to wait to long and let Fall/Winter pass and then its too late to do Obagi if needed....
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
After reading Dr. Thornfeldt's article on pigmentation and how lasers can make it worse use due to heat, maybe you should consider doing a series of gentle at home peels before trying Obagi?

I am contemplating doing the lactic acid peels because I have very sensitive skin and don't want to deal with the crazy TCA peeling. And they are certainly more cost effective than Obagi or the IPL.

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/Melasma_c_66.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:46 am      Reply with quote
I would suggest a peel like Melanage or APeel or VI Peel. They have a blend of ingredients that peel and brighten up the skin. These are not peels for at home use and will cost you $2000-$300 unless you can convince your clinic to cut you a deal since you paid for 3 IPLs already.

Prepare for down time.3-4 days of peeling skin and making small children cry.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:16 am      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:

Prepare for down time.3-4 days of peeling skin and making small children cry.

Shock Shock Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:10 am      Reply with quote
The ipl didn't make things worse for me yet.My skins not sensitive just badly sun damaged. My derm told me under a black light that its all superficial meaning not deep in the dermis which makes me wonder why it is so difficult to remove.
The lactic peels will do absolutely nothing for me. Tried it.
I have had a few jessner/tca peels that didn't bring up the pigment. I had about 5-6 days of a lot of peeling but no real noticeable improvement.
Maybe the Vi peel would be different.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Ugh...you have tried a lot of things!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany

Your telling me:))
I keep changing my mind but at this point my plan might be:

Sept- IPL

Oct-Vi-peel or Obagi Blue peel or a straight tca peel or a laser.

Nov-IPL

Dec-IPL and finish it with either Obagi NUderm, Skinmedica Lytera or NIA 24.

Now if this doesn't yield me a good improvement I am not sure that anything would.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
No matter what you do, I would be sure to stay on a pigmentation suppression product so you on't have to go through this again.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
What do you mean?
The only melanin suppression thing I do is a ton of sunscreen applied multiple times a day.
Do you mean some type of supplement?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
luvskincare wrote:
What do you mean?
The only melanin suppression thing I do is a ton of sunscreen applied multiple times a day.
Do you mean some type of supplement?

I take pycnogelol to help with inflammation, plus use the Epionce Melanolyte to suppress pigmentation on a long term basis. Heliocare is also recommended. There a lot of other pigment suppressors as well.

There is some info in this study, plus I would revisit that hyperpigmentation article.
https://www.epionce.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/5_ClinicalStudy_EpionceMCSvObagi.pdf

I am also looking into my hormones, and how that may drive skin discoloration. I'll let you know what I find out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry I forgot about that. Will review again.
The thing for me (and I could be totally wrong) is that I don't think my is hormonal. I think that after many years of peels and not strong/adequate ss I am now seeing the damaged I caused my skin over the years.
But like I said I could be wrong. No dr/nurse though has ever told me that I have melasma.
I think for staying out of the sun is going to be the biggest thing and yet hard:(
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |