Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

damaged skin help needed
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi
i felt i may have damaged my skin with liz earle skin repair also retin a and aha may have played a part in it. now my skin in unable to absorb any moisturiser meaning any moisturiser i use leaves my skin red, itchy, painful and dry. i have tried cortisone cream, elidel and elomet but useless.

what do i do help??? tried cucumber and honey but still cant.
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried CeraVe lotion or cream? CeraVe is supposed to be able to help rebuild damaged skin barriers. If your skin is really dry and damaged you may want to skip the lotion and go right to the cream.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:46 am      Reply with quote
It sounds like you may want to focus on repairing your skin barrier, and avoid all actives until it is stabilized.

You can try the CeraVe or the Skin Actives Essential Lipid Serum if you prefer an oil. Also make sure any cleansers are non-irritating.

If things don't improve, see your dermatologist.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps the best is to have a rest. Let skin to rest, don't add other. Just simple moisturizing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
my skin has become SO reactive . I started using avene (I live in japan so the name of the actual moisturiser may differ) but its the one for aggravated extremely dry inflamed skin (extra rich) and it repairs the skins barrier. After only one day I see the difference. I am now on the hunt (posted a new topic) for anti ageing care for super sensitive skin
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:48 am      Reply with quote
annachan wrote:
my skin has become SO reactive . I started using avene (I live in japan so the name of the actual moisturiser may differ) but its the one for aggravated extremely dry inflamed skin (extra rich) and it repairs the skins barrier. After only one day I see the difference. I am now on the hunt (posted a new topic) for anti ageing care for super sensitive skin

Annachan, look at the Epionce line. It is focused on reducing inflammation and repairing the skin barrier. I would avoid the Lytic products though, and just look at the Renewal & Fortify products. If you have any questions, post on the Epionce thread, as I am using a number of the products myself.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:24 am      Reply with quote
thanks bethany ...I am uncertain where I can get this fab line though...I live in tokyo....I need to be able to get my paws on products easily enough...(EDS or be able to shop in tokyo)
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi there
thanks for your advice. but the thing is that my skin cannot even tolerate all kinds of moisturisers. i seen a derm in fact he was the one who prescribed me those creams i stated. but still no help. i only use a cleanser and sunscreen. my skin is now clogged and is dry but i cannot use any moisturisers.

anyone in this situation b4?
wishful skin
5% products discount

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have been itching to try some of these hydrating products from this company...I haven't personally tried them yet, but I've heard they make good stuff. I've been looking for something to moiturize my skin during the summer because creams and oils feel too heavy. I want to try one of their hydrating gels, particularly the glacier water one sounds interesting. I've been contemplating putting an order in, but there's so many things I want to try I can't decide what to get.

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/hydrators.html
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Salome_B, there used to be a forum member here who went by Firefox... followed by 4 numbers. She was always on going quite in depth about how she solved her overly sensitive, parched skin issues. I would do a search for her posts and get ready for a lot of reading! It'd be well worth it. I thought she was brilliant, and her explanations and gentle approach help me solve some of my skin issues.

I mention her because I believe that her skin was in pretty much the exact same condition as yours and talked a lot about her process of repairing it.

My hunch is for you to mist your skin as often as possible, either with plant essences or distilled water, but watch it, since I've heard that the evaporation can in fact make it more dry unless you do it right. Maybe pat on sunscreen or aloe vera to "trap" it in after. Have you tried glycerine? I'd only recommend that if you happen to live in a more humid climate. Or any of the moisturizing oils on their own?

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
While I feel bad for people in this condition, I do feel that most people bring this on themselves. They overdo the actives, over exfoliate, and basically create their own problems by being too aggressive.

Pay attention to what your skin is telling you, and don't let yourself get in this position to begin with.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use claisonis and that made a huge difference...but my machine broke and have to get a new one and my skins gone mad. I think the sonic brush really cleaned the pores (which I find makes the difference to dry reactive skin)
have you tried it?
zoebig
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I would see my dermatologist if i were u Rolling Eyes
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:10 am      Reply with quote
zoebig wrote:

as i mentioned i seen but no help.
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:14 am      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
Salome_B, there used to be a forum member here who went by Firefox... followed by 4 numbers. She was always on going quite in depth about how she solved her overly sensitive, parched skin issues. I would do a search for her posts and get ready for a lot of reading! It'd be well worth it. I thought she was brilliant, and her explanations and gentle approach help me solve some of my skin issues.

I mention her because I believe that her skin was in pretty much the exact same condition as yours and talked a lot about her process of repairing it.

My hunch is for you to mist your skin as often as possible, either with plant essences or distilled water, but watch it, since I've heard that the evaporation can in fact make it more dry unless you do it right. Maybe pat on sunscreen or aloe vera to "trap" it in after. Have you tried glycerine? I'd only recommend that if you happen to live in a more humid climate. Or any of the moisturizing oils on their own?

erm all sorts of things. so her nick is firefox? i search that?
zoebig
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Salome_B wrote:
zoebig wrote:

Sorry I didn't see that. What did ur derm say about ur situation? Maybe the only way is to let the skin heal itself. I had acnes when I was a teenager, I tried so many products to make it better, but they damaged my skin and left some scars. I would only use gentle cleanser, simple moisture if I could do it again. Maybe the acne would stay longer, but scars much harder to deal with. Hope u can get better sooner.
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:51 am      Reply with quote
zoebig wrote:
Salome_B wrote:
zoebig wrote:

Sorry I didn't see that. What did ur derm say about ur situation? Maybe the only way is to let the skin heal itself. I had acnes when I was a teenager, I tried so many products to make it better, but they damaged my skin and left some scars. I would only use gentle cleanser, simple moisture if I could do it again. Maybe the acne would stay longer, but scars much harder to deal with. Hope u can get better sooner.

my derm said the skin is irritated. all the creams he gave made my face worst.
i do not have acne. retin a is for anti aging. yup. i guess i am just using a sunblock and cleanser as all moisturisers irritate my skin. how long does the skin takes to heal itself?
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:52 am      Reply with quote
When I had very dry, painful, cracked and increasingly wrinkled hands from contact dermatitis and couldn't tolerate anything, even simple aqueous creams etc, I discovered Jason's aloe vera cream and it saved my hands. It did not irritate (I still use it as a hand cream and haven't found anything better) - it may be worth looking at.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox recommended aloe pulp (from the leaf directly) + oil mixed together in the palm of the hand right before using.

Another person who had a similar problem to yours Salome, used an emulsion she made like this:

22% oils
45% water or hydrosol
10% sea emollient
7% hyaluronic acid solution
1% vitamin E
5% niacinamide
2% N-acetyl glucosamine
5% Sea L'Silk emulsifier
1% allantoin
2% d-panthenol

She could not tolerate anything on her skin but this and now she is better! HTH

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips, i friend of mine in with me in old age home is facing this skin damage problem these tips are really useful for him, i hope his problem will be solved with this.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm wondering why you can use a cleanser and sunblock and not oils or honey, etc? What's in your cleanser?

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
projectbeauty
5% products discount

Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend getting yourself some organic coconut oil. It sounds like you've caused deep skin damage to your dermis which is causing the upper layer to shed more easily.

You need some deep penetration so try steaming before applying any non irritable moisturizer. CeraVe is also a good choice.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Salome_B wrote:
i do not have acne. retin a is for anti aging. yup. i guess i am just using a sunblock and cleanser as all moisturisers irritate my skin. how long does the skin takes to heal itself?

Takes about 6 weeks for a skin cycle. I have also destroyed my skin barrier due to Obagi Nuderm, PMD, Clarisonic and general overexfoliation. My skin was dry, dehydrated, tight, beet red and waxy in appearance. I cut out retin A, all physical and manual exfoliation and switched to cleansing with a Shu Uemura cleansing oil, Hada Labo Toner with hyaluronic acid for moisture, putting a moisture attracting layer with Mandom Barrier Repair Serum, and then finishing with Atopalm Cream for ceramides. At night I top it with a richer non-mineral oil based cream, Decleor Balm or rosehip oil to seal in moisture throughout the night. During the day I spray on a rosewater moisturizing mist that contains glycerin and hyaluronic acid. Not just misting with water as that will pull moisture from your skin and like LoraA sais, only use glycerin if in a humid environment. After two skin cycles, my skin healed.

Add in 3000 mg Omega 3 fish oil supplements taken in the morning.

Also, Egyptian Magic is a good all natural balm to prevent moisture loss and speed up healing.

Using sheet masks that contain hyaluronic acid every other day will also help your skin absorb moisture.

The recipe that Fawnie posted also sounds very promising.

Good luck!

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear about your issues. I would use either nothing but water to wash, or an organic cream cleanser so you don't keep stripping the skin. I think there are many to choose from. As far as repairing the barrier, I would add Vitamin C, MSM (supplements) and lean proteins to your intake. Avoid hot and cold temps on the skin, stay out of the sun, and consider applying liquid oat beta glucan. You can get it here:

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/4073723/4210818.htm

and here:

http://www.bulkactives.com/abstracts/betaglucanoat.htm

This has been used successfully with all kinds of damaged skin like burns and other wounds. Just Google "liquid oat beta glucan and wound healing."

Hope this helps.
zoebig
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Salome_B wrote:

The time varies case by case I think. I know someone who had irritated skin from cold heavy wind over the past two years, it was serious irritation look like severe sunburn before peeling off. It took about 2 month or so to heal.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |