Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
"Snail facial" ????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I just saw this article in the news today:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/10177660/Japan-clinic-launches-snail-facial.html

Japan clinic launched 'snail facial' procedure for their customers.

What do you think?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I think I would have to pass on that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
One of my friends married a guy that owned a fish farm. His hands were unbelievably soft and in good shape. Apparently "fish slime" has proteins and other stuff in it that's beneficial to our skin. Perhaps snail slime is the same.

However, I believe I, too, would forego the "pleasure" of a snail facial.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
One of my friends married a guy that owned a fish farm. His hands were unbelievably soft and in good shape. Apparently "fish slime" has proteins and other stuff in it that's beneficial to our skin.

You should tell your friend to bottle up the fish slime and sell it. Maybe they could make some money if they could get rid of the smell. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Sure makes the bird crap facials seem doable.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
Sure makes the bird crap facials seem doable.

Done that! Laughing Anything in the name of beauty!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Didn't Nip/Tuck have semen facials near the end of their run?

no thank you. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I have tried several products with snail slime in them but it only made my skin breakout in little tiny bumps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Well, it looks pretty spectacular. My daughter loved to let snails walk on her skin when she was very young, but of course I never observed any anti-ageing benefits, they're pretty hard to tell on a 5 year old.
Snail slime in creams has, so I've been told, quite a lot of allantoin in them, which of course is a good ingredient. And anything slimy feeling - be it aloe gel, sea kelp or algae gel etc. - seems to be humectant and soothing. But as long as there's no miracle ingredient identified, I will pass on this one.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Hasnt snail slime been around the block before? IIRC MarieVeroniqueOrganics used it in a very exxy eye serum (and has since stopped using it). Didnt do much for me.

Scholarly study about its potential for healing partial thickness burns is promising tho:

"Helix aspersa extract is a natural, safe and effective alternative treatment in open wound management of partial thickness burns in adults."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19058081

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
Didn't Nip/Tuck have semen facials near the end of their run?

EXCUSE ME????! Woah, way to capitalize on an old wives (husbands?) tale! LOLOLOL!

And I could handle the bird crap... just nothing slithering on me. Just the idea of those fish pedi's creep me out.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
beccachan
5% products discount

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I've tried a mask with snail slime, it's Korean, it did make my skin looks better, but it doesn't last long unless you keep using it.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I know for a fact that in rural China they use the snail extract to regenarate scars cause the it causes current to the body ,aka enables the nervous system repair fibrosis.

That before they use microcurrent to drive circulating herbs (TCM).

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Al Sears has been selling Caracol Bella, which is made from snail slime, for quite some time. Here is what he says about it:

Why Do These Amazonian Women Have Such Beautiful Skin?

Quote:
On my last trip to Peru, I spent days trekking with native healers through the rainforest. And they shared many of their secrets with me. But one of the biggest breakthroughs I discovered on that trip wasn’t in the rainforest at all.

In cities and towns across Southern Peru, I noticed women – even older women – with smooth, beautiful skin. Living that close to the equator, the intense sun should leave their skin, dry, rough and wrinkled. What was their secret? I wondered.

So I did some digging, and uncovered a secret. And I’ve brought it back to the United States to share with my patients and friends. Soon you may have people wondering how you keep your skin looking so smooth and beautiful.

I’ve seen the results with my own eyes. And they’re nothing short of amazing. The “secret ingredient” these women use …

• Has tremendous antioxidant activity. Including SOD and glutathione – two of the most powerful antioxidants known to science.
• Promotes regeneration of skin components such as collagen and elastin.
• Promotes faster skin repair.1

In other words, it gives skin almost everything it needs to defy the effects of aging. No wonder these Amazonian women have such young-looking skin!

It even works on the toughest skin. In fact, that’s how this natural wonder was discovered.

There aren’t many jobs harder on skin than farm work. It’s backbreaking … scrabbling in the dirt day in and day out … the sun beating down relentlessly.

But some vineyard workers in Chile have hands as soft and smooth as a movie star’s. Even after years of working in the fields. And when they get cuts and scrapes, they seem to clear up faster than other workers.

A few years ago, curious scientists took a closer look. And they discovered why these workers had such soft hands. They often handled a natural substance that other farmhands didn’t. Those who handled it had naturally softer, smoother skin.

Soon, women all over South America were using the secret on their faces. Just like the farm workers, these women now have softer, smoother, younger-looking skin. And now you can, too.

Imagine your skin rebuilding itself faster and more effectively – basically acting like much younger skin. And boosting your skin’s defenses against damage from the sun, pollutants and other attacks.

That’s the beauty secret I uncovered in Peru. After long hours of research, I’ve distilled it and concentrated it to its purest essence.

One of the main compounds found in this serum is Hyaluronic Acid (HA). HA is the molecule your skin naturally uses to hold in moisture – but as you age, the amount of HA available to maintain plump, healthy skin decreases. Without enough moisture, your skin becomes loose, dry and wrinkled – adding years to your appearance.

But when your skin has enough HA, your skin plumps up and the fullness smoothes away fine lines and gives you a more radiant and youthful look. Exclusive spas charge thousands of dollars for HA injections. And women gladly pay a fortune for its plumping, smoothing and moisturizing effects.

The serum also contains an abundance of SOD (superoxide dismutase) – a powerful antioxidant that reduces free-radical damage to your skin. The SOD in this serum may be responsible for many of its healing qualities and its ability to repair superficial skin damage from cuts, scrapes and burns as well as sun damage.

I’ve also added the following skin-saving ingredients to this serum:

• Olive leaf extract. This unique extract promotes skin elasticity for a more youthful look. It also contains powerful antioxidants.

• Montmorillonite. This nutrient-rich “bentonite” clay carwas discovered in the French Alps. You’ll find it in some of the world’s rarest and most effective facial masks.

I call my new age-defying cream with this secret serum Caracol Bella. You’ll love how it glides on smoothly. You’ll love its rich, silky feel. But most of all, you’ll love what it does for your skin.

Even my staff is raving about Caracol Bella. My sample jars flew out of the office almost as soon as they arrived. One staffer came back to me within hours to say, “I already love it…” And all she’d done was test it on the back of her hand.

Frankly, the results have exceeded even my expectations. And after what I saw in Peru, they were already high.

You can be among the first to experience this Amazonian beauty secret by putting in your pre-order for Caracol Bella now. It’s on its way to my warehouse now. If you order yours today, it will ship by the end of next week.

And there’s absolutely no risk to you. As with all of my products, you’ll receive my ironclad 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you’re not as amazed by this wonder cream as I am, you can get your money back … no questions asked.

To get the secret that’s taken years off the appearance of so many South American women,

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Tbh i have used elicina when i was completely amateur and was afraid of the really fast cell turn over.It helped with uneveness but back then i thought it maked me white lines of skin and white patches ,but it was just fast cell turnover and repairing.
So i threw it in the garbage after 2 weeks!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
Tbh i have used elicina when i was completely amateur and was afraid of the really fast cell turn over.It helped with uneveness but back then i thought it maked me white lines of skin and white patches ,but it was just fast cell turnover and repairing.
So i threw it in the garbage after 2 weeks!!!

I haven't tried Elicina but I HAVE used Caracol Bella a number of times. The "active ingredient" is helix aspersa muller. Personally, I didn't think it did a whole lot but what it's supposed to do is hydrate and smooth the skin.

Years and years ago, my best friend, a beautician, decided to try a neutral henna on my hair for shine. It didn't add a single bit of shine but that's because my hair (which is strawberry blonde in color) is already really shiny. It "sparkles" in the sunlight. So there wasn't anything to "add". I suspect it's the same concept with Caracol Bella; I don't have any kind of dryness issues at all with my skin and it's already very smooth and baby soft. So there wasn't anything really for the Caracol Bella to "repair" on my skin so it didn't do much of anything for me.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I want younger looking skin, but no thank you to slime! Laughing

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |