Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Botox vs. Xeomin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Botox has been around for longer than Xeomin and has all the marketing behind it, but for those who are wanting a less frozen, more natural look xeomin is great! I'm approaching 30 and have some fine lines creeping in around my crow's feet and forehead, got Botox done (the doctor administered very conservatively) but I still felt like I was not able to move my forehead and when I smiled, my eyes were frozen like a deer caught in headlights look. I was very hesitant to get this done again but my fine lines are bugging me. I switched dermatologists 2 weeks ago who advised Xeomin for a more natural look, perfect for those who are younger or those that don't want the completely frozen look...omg, I LOVE it!! Oddly enough, the derm I went to is the founder of Botox who had told me that Xeomin is going to be the new, greatest discovery in cosmetic medicine and anti-aging. Anyone else try this? Feedbacks?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I was just talking about trying it! I love the natural approach to it, especially if you are maybe developing an immunity to botox.
How does it stack up as far as cost comparison per unit? Do you use the same amount of units?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Annie,

The first time i tried Botox I did my research on cosmetic derms which I think is extremely important since every place now a days from dentist offices to medi-spas to hole in the wall spas are offering Botox (or claim to be using Botox, yet under cover findings show that many spas actually get knock offs from china for a fraction of the cost). I've had friends go to dentists to get their Botox, yet I don't feel comfortable with a dentist who's expertise lies in teeth trying to pretend that they know the art of facial artistry and injections (do not want that desperate housewives look).
The cosmetic derm that did my Botox was very knowledgable and since it was my first time, was extremely conservative yet still left me with a deer caught in headlights look. I decided to go to the cosmetic dermatologist who founded Botox in the 80's because I want the best person for the job when it comes to my face. I was surprised when they told me about Xeomin since I never heard of it before, but tried it and love it. It's the same cost per unit but has a more natural look and feel. The derm was extremely conservative as well since I'm still young and don't require that much. The difference is that Xeomin lacks an extra protein than Botox and this from my understanding is more pure for your body than Botox.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:13 am      Reply with quote
more pure for your body than botox

Have studies revealed any toxicity from botox, in the body?
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I got natural results for botox and dysport for my crow's feet. Still had minor crinkles but far fewer. My problem was that it didn't work as well on each successive treatment even though derm said she used the same amount. So I want to try Xeomin. Next time will go to a cosmetic nurse at a new derm's office. It will be interesting to see if it's the injector or the injection!

As for dentists doing injections, I was told that they are well educated in the nerves of the face so that is why it's not as strange as you might think.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
As for dentists doing injections, I was told that they are well educated in the nerves of the face so that is why it's not as strange as you might think.

Yes, I would still prefer a doctor who does it very often for a living than a doc who does it once in a while

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
If you go to a place that offers the Brilliant Distinctions, then you know you are getting the real stuff (Botox) from the real company. The BD is like a frequent shopper program and you have to have the lot # to get points for your purchases. I don't know if Dysport has a similar program.

I have tried Botox and Dysport and they work the same for me. I notice Dysport starts to work faster but they both last about 5 months on me.

If my spa gets Xeomin, I will try it. I will not pay full price for it anywhere else though!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
After many attempts, I appear to be resistant to Botox. Any thoughts on if Xeomin might be a better choice?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I just read through the thread and not quite sure I understand the difference between the two?

price difference?

results difference?

length of time the results last?

Thanks, BG
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:12 am      Reply with quote
From Realself:

Xeomin - Great For Patients

+2

Xeomin is finally approved here in the United States and offers several major advantages.
Xeomin does not have any additives, i.e. is a naked botulinium toxin, it has less risk of antibody formation. This has the theoretic advantage of patients less likely to develop resistance to Xeomin.
Xeomin does not have to be refrigerated
Xeomin works essentially the same as Botox. Same duration, amount of time, dosing, etc. This familiarity makes it a much easier product for physicians and patients to adopt to.
Xeomin will drive the overall price of botox down.
Has been used in Germany for more than 3 years but product is very similar to Botox.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:20 am      Reply with quote
^AND it gives a more natural look for those that prefer a less frozen, can move your face and still have expression look

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
For those who've tried both - can you let us know how the pricing differs between the two?

Thank you, BFG
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've had both and prices are the same per unit but since Xeomin is less popular than Botox, you can often times come across derm offices giving a discount on Xeomin

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Botox is diluted with saline. SO, when you see it at 6 or 8 dollars a unit they are either a super high volume place or they super dilute their botox!The dilution ratio and the skill of the injector really factor in to your results!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:02 am      Reply with quote
^ or they are getting knock off Botox from over seas and claiming its the real thing like an undercover investigation about a year ago in my area revealed

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/02/13/bc-botox-investigation.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Went to a different dermatologist and saw the nurse who did the cosmetic injections. She said one possible reason Dysport doesn't work for some people, including me, is because it isn't supposed to be mixed in the same amount as Botox. She found that using more Dysport in the mixture gave the same results as Botox. So going by this, I decided to get Dysport again, especially since it was at a discount. I paid $190 for crow's feet area.

She knew a lot more than my dermatologist, who doesn't do much cosmetic work at all. My derm had injected not just the crow's feet but also underneath my eye. This nurse pinched my skin there and it didn't spring back as much. She said for older patients, she didn't inject that area because it could cause drooping that you wouldn't see on a younger patient.

Next month is a Botox special and October Xeomin special. I am thinking of getting the Xeomin for my frown lines then. The Dysport last time did nothing for them but the nurse explained how I would have needed five injections in that area and not the three my derm gave me. So it seems to be the skill of the injector that is most important.

I LOVED the numbing cream they used and asked if I could get some. Sadly, it was made up for them especially and not available. It would be great for my dermarolling. I wonder if the stronger stuff is available at online pharmacies that sell without a prescription.

They had an antioxidant serum that didn't need refrigeration that I was tempted to buy but it was $75. Not sure I want to spend as much but considered it for after a dermaroll. I think the brand was Vital C. They also had a creme by Vital C for $55.

I never would have considered going to a cosmetic nurse for botox type injections because I thought maybe they just didn't work for me. Thanks to the respondents on this forum, I am so glad I did! Priceless information based on experience.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yesterday evening I had a headache, more toward the back of my head and neck and felt slightly dizzy right until I fell asleep. No idea if it was from the Dysport or unrelated. It hasn't happened from previous Dysport injections but this was stronger so maybe that caused it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |