Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Botox and Fillers - long term help?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Violetlight
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Hey everyone,

I read a few times that Botox actually helps the ageing process as during the time it's active, ageing is halted.

I'm curious if this holds true of fillers as well? I have really bad crows feet, and after 6 months of trying everything to sort them out, I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get fillers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I would assume so. The reason why Botox halts the aging process is because those muscles are frozen and aren't being used. If you can't frown, then those lines aren't going to form as fast. With filler, you are blowing up a certain area and so would assume it should help halt the aging process too, but perhaps the best bet for halting the aging process are those treatments that enhances your natural skin to produce more collagen like sculptra or thermage or ultherapy since as we get older, it is the lack of collagen that makes us look old and creates wrinkles

http://sculptra.ca/

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:57 am      Reply with quote
It certainly can help. My fillers have stayed very nicely. That plumping helps prevent more wrinkles in that area.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:02 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
It certainly can help. My fillers have stayed very nicely. That plumping helps prevent more wrinkles in that area.

What kind of fillers did you get Annie? Was it bovine collagen? I would like to get the fillers taken from you own fat cells, but I imagine that's pretty pricey..!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I have used restylane and juvaderm in the past. Juvaderm is my filler of choice. I have only gotten it twice, the last over 3+ years ago. I am still happy with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I started Botox about a year and a half ago. Also Restylane to nl area and juvederm to my cheeks.

I think I prefer juvederm to Restylane, but highly recommend both fillers and Botox!
Violetlight
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestions ladies! I'm going for my consultation on Monday - will ask them about J.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:51 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
With filler, you are blowing up a certain area.....

When I see people 'overfilled', which seems to be almost the norm (presumably to make the product last longer?), what concerns me is how this sudden overstretching is affecting the skin, especially when older. When people put weight on, it is usually slowly, and you would really have to put a huge amount of weight on to get the puffed up faces that some celebrities have. If they had to suddenly stop due to, say, financial, illness or other reasons, how would their face look after all the overstretching....
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:38 am      Reply with quote
^ this is why it is key to find a good, reputable dermatologist with a conservative approach.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |