Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Derma Roller for loose skin, deep stretch marks and wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
CrazyDaisy

Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys!

So after much thought, I have finally purchased a Derma Roller....Let me tell you a little about myself...

I'm only 32, but by the time I was 23 I had 5 babies, two of which were twins. I've also had 2 cesareans which have been 'oh so kind' enough to leave me with an unsighlty apron fold above the scar on my abdomen. Sad

I've also been a little over weight. All in all it has all played a massive part in causing my loose baggy skin and stretch marks. It doesn't matter how much weight I lose (and I'm actually at my thinnest at the moment)I have this constant hatred of all the loose skin that I have which gives me the 'apron' on my stomach, baggy buttocks and 'banana fold' under the crease of my buttocks, and very baggy boobs Sad

I was considering major surgery, but I don't fancy the idea of being layed up for months and ending up with huge scars for the rest of my life. Not forgetting the fact that it's soooo expensive!
So when I heard about the Derma Roller I thought what the heck!

However, I was pretty terrified of the contraption, and after reading so many stories about the pain it has caused people, I was all too prepared to go out and buy a huge tube of numbing cream. The cream though can be very expensive, and since I needed to cover a very large area (abdomen, thighs, buttocks, and breasts) I decided the cost wasn't worth the hassle.

The roller arrived the other day, and I decided to be brave and just throw myself into it.

It wasn't as bad as I was expecting to be honest. I have a 2mm needle, and although it was slightly uncomfortable and tingly to begin with (especially when applied on my abdomen!) I didn't feel any discomfort after a few seconds of using it. It was as if the skin becomes numb anyway from using it.

I was also expecting the needles to penetrate the skin....otherwise why else would you have different lengths, right?
Well what I soon realised was that the needles don't pierce the skin at all, only prick it. So that was another relief.
All in all I was quite pleased with the over all treatment, and it wasn't as bad as what I was expecting at all.

Afterwards, I realised I hadn't cleaned the skin first, so I cleaned it with some surgical spirit....well, if I had any doubt about whether the roller had done anything or not, that doubt was erased straight out of my mind! Ouch! It did sting a little, I have to be honest. Shock

For the next 24 hours afterwards, the skin was very red with red prick marks all over. I would honestly say that this was the most uncomfortable part because it stung a bit, especially when I was putting my clothes on and generally irritating the area......Saying that, it still wasn't bad, and certainly wasn't so bad that I would choose never to do it again! So for all you newbies, please do not worry, it really isn't that bad at all!!!

Now what I would love to hear is, has anyone else tried the Derma Roller for loose and stretch marked skin? If so, how long is it before you start seeing any improvement? Also, how often am I meant to be rolling exactly?

I'd also like to hear whether anyone has had any positive results on wrinkles?....I've seen a website recently showing a 'Doctor' who is supposidly 70 years old, but he looks no older than 40!!!! Shock Apparently he's been rolling his skin for 50 years. I'd love to know whether this could well be true, or whether it's just another con to get you to buy more?

Anyway, I'll look forward to hearing from you! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |