Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any pills i could take in order to grow my hair healthy/fast
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
vanessa92

Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Ok well i recently permed my hair on wednesday but i really hate it. I was gonna do a reverse perm but i decided not to do it because it was gonna damage my hair even more. What can i do or what pills can i take in order to grow my hair fast?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Viviscal....made my hair grow twice as fast as usual.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
And where can i get this?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.viviscal.com/viviscal-extra-strength-single

Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Smile and how fast did your hair grow?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany - I am sure I've asked you this ...does it help with the quality of your hair as well?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
vanessa92 wrote:
Thanks Smile and how fast did your hair grow?

See my first reply to you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Bethany - I am sure I've asked you this ...does it help with the quality of your hair as well?

It did...I'm a huge fan of this product, and have used it since the early 90's.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Funny that SS asked you that - because I was about to ask the same thing. I can not tell you how my hair quality has changed since meno. Just yucky. I know (Bethany) that you've had success with Viviscal and I think I'm going to try it... I am so sick of picking hairs off of everything and the amount in the shower.. my hair was thin to begin with, but now it's thin and dry looking too - and I eat very clean - lots of fruits, veggies, green smoothies...and in otherwise good health...ohhh but the hair.....
Currently taking 5 mg of Biotin a day - and though it may make (What I have left) grow faster - it did not improve the quality.

Actually thinking of investigating some sort of laser product just to slow down the thinning.

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Ultra Coll Collagen pills and 1000mg vitamin C per day.

http://www.popacols.com/aboutultracollcollagen.htm

Been taking this for 8 weeks and see noticeably less shedding and overall health of my hair. Grows like weeds now. Nails and skin are better too.

Im not affiliated in any way with the company. Just sayin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I highly recommend Ridgecrest Hair Revive. Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
bethany wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Funny that SS asked you that - because I was about to ask the same thing. I can not tell you how my hair quality has changed since meno. Just yucky. I know (Bethany) that you've had success with Viviscal and I think I'm going to try it... I am so sick of picking hairs off of everything and the amount in the shower.. my hair was thin to begin with, but now it's thin and dry looking too - and I eat very clean - lots of fruits, veggies, green smoothies...and in otherwise good health...ohhh but the hair.....
Currently taking 5 mg of Biotin a day - and though it may make (What I have left) grow faster - it did not improve the quality.

Actually thinking of investigating some sort of laser product just to slow down the thinning.

Maria

Maria, there are some good laser options out there now. let me know how you do!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I take biotin and just regular "hair, skin and nail" supplements, I have a pretty nice head of hair.

Also to those buying viviscal, it's way cheaper on eBay rather than going thru manufacturers site.

Also, give your scalp a nice massage a few times a week.
CarolineP
5% products discount

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Hello Smile

Bethany, I understand viviscal recently changed their formulation. Have u noticed a difference when you switched from their original viviscal to the new extra strength version? Any side effects?
vanessa92

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Have anyone tried the california naturals?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:26 am      Reply with quote
CarolineP wrote:
Hello Smile

Bethany, I understand viviscal recently changed their formulation. Have u noticed a difference when you switched from their original viviscal to the new extra strength version? Any side effects?

I started with the new Extra Strength after taking a very long break and found that it worked just as well. The main thing is that there is more of the marine protein complex, plus they added a few more things like Biotin I think (probably just because people expect to see that in a hair product). But I think the marine protein is what really works. No side effects, other than the typical few breakouts I always experience when I start back up.

FYI that if you watch the sales at the vendor site and on Drugstore.com, you shouldn't have to pay more than $35/box.

I personally think that people need to try it for a minimum of 3-6 months to see if it works, though I have repeatedly seen a decrease in shedding in 3-4 weeks.

5% products discount

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've started BioSil Advanced Collagen Generator, and/or Neocell Super Powder Collagen. I ordered both on Amazon. These were recommended from my Nurse Practitioner.

It's good for hair, skin, and nails.
Violetlight
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Best thing I ever did for my hair was to start supplementing gelatine! I add a gelatine envelope to my coffee, and make jello. My hair and skin look amazing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:02 am      Reply with quote
Coffee Jello?? Bad Grin Do you eat it or drink it?
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I'm deciding between the Viviscal and the Hair Revive.. the marine ingredient sounds interesting in Viviscal. Has anyone used both and found one works better than the other?

It is such a bummer what menopause has done to my hair! I have a high forehead (oncoming cars are blinded by it!) so I always have had bangs, and now they are so thin and wispy... bleah..

I don't know if I'll continue on my Biotin if I do the Viviscal? Don't want to overload...or is it like Vitamin C (or other supplements) that I'll just piddle out what I don't need?

The gelatine thing sounds interesting too!
I would probably add it to some kind of juice though

Not sure about coffee jello! Smile

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
I'm deciding between the Viviscal and the Hair Revive.. the marine ingredient sounds interesting in Viviscal.

I m pretty sure that " the marine " ingredient is a fancy name for fish collagen ( peptides ), it's v cheap, you can get em from swansonvitamins.com

I take fish collagen myself and have noticed positive results in hair growth....

Viviscal is seriously way over priced...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:01 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Mariav wrote:
I'm deciding between the Viviscal and the Hair Revive.. the marine ingredient sounds interesting in Viviscal.

I m pretty sure that " the marine " ingredient is a fancy name for fish collagen ( peptides ), it's v cheap, you can get em from swansonvitamins.com

I take fish collagen myself and have noticed positive results in hair growth....

Viviscal is seriously way over priced...

It is not fish collagen...you might want to read some of the clinical research, etc.

And while I appreciate your opinion on whether or not it is overpriced, unless you have tried it for an extended period I don't understand how you can make such a strong statement?

I have suffered with as much as 50% hair loss due to stress for years and have tried the majority of options out there including Rogaine, etc. It was only after trying Viviscal after reading about it while in Europe, that I managed to stop the shedding. My derm was so impressed that he started carrying it for patients with similar issues.

I personally would not recommend Viviscal unless someone has thinning hair or HAS to grow their hair rapidly for some reason because it IS expensive. But for someone losing hair due to stress or thyroid issues, it can feel like a lifesaver.

You know, it amazes me how people can make such negative comments without really knowing anything about a product. There are lots of products on EDS that I think people are nuts for using, but I would never think of trashing them if I hadn't done extensive research AND had never used them. Reason #765 why I participate less and less on EDS. Very disappointing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:04 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
daler wrote:
Mariav wrote:

is seriously way over priced...

It is not fish collagen...you might want to read some of the clinical research, etc.

And while I appreciate your opinion on whether or not it is overpriced, unless you have tried it for an extended period I don't understand how you can make such a strong statement?

I have suffered with as much as 50% hair loss due to stress for years and have tried the majority of options out there including Rogaine, etc. It was only after trying Viviscal after reading about it while in Europe, that I managed to stop the shedding. My derm was so impressed that he started carrying it for patients with similar issues.

I personally would not recommend Viviscal unless someone has thinning hair or HAS to grow their hair rapidly for some reason because it IS expensive. But for someone losing hair due to stress or thyroid issues, it can feel like a lifesaver.

You know, it amazes me how people can make such negative comments without really knowing anything about a product. There are lots of products on EDS that I think people are nuts for using, but I would never think of trashing them if I hadn't done extensive research AND had never used them. Reason #765 why I participate less and less on EDS. Very disappointing.

Hi bethany, I didnt mean to offend anyone but I am fed up of companies getting a trade name for a simple ingredient n then market it as something exclusive, Viviscal may not to be doing it but many do.. hair growth industry is full of liars and scammers... I am gald that you achieved great results... as far as studies, I think nothing has been more studied than minoxidil and propecia n rarely people achieve great results with em, I dont believe much in the studies done by the same companies which are promoting the product or if it's being funded by em... there are many ways to manipulate a study in one' favor and still be "truthful"...

I visited Viviscal website n could not find out what this marine ingredient is, to me it seems like they r trying not to give much details.. so please tell me what this ingredient, Aminomar really is? I did I miss this info on their website ( I tend to skim thru the website rather quickly so may be I missed it!) cause the only thing I could find is the following:

"AminoMar™ is a groundbreaking proprietary marine complex.
Only Viviscal® dietary supplements containAminoMar™.

A Professor from Scandinavia discovered from his study of the Inuits in the 1980’s that their great hair and skin was as a result of their fish and protein rich diet. He isolated the key protein molecules from the
Inuits’ diet and it was from these origins that AminoMar™ was created.

Since the professor’s discovery, Viviscal® has been tried and tested worldwide and is now available in dermatology clinics, top hair salons, trichology practices, health food stores and pharmacies."

I just dont get what that " key protein molecules " they are talking about! Proteins are made of amino acids, so did they isolate a key amino acid? Fish collagen is almost entirely amino acids/ peptides/ proteins.... the name Aminomar suggests marine amino acids...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Daler, no matter what I post about these days, it seems like you have something negative to say about it. (See the Lytera thread if you need another example).

Since I researched this product extensively many years ago before they were sold and redid the website, I am happy with the knowledge I gained and the results I have personally seen. So I am just going to call it a day and not engage in this conversation any further with you because I am sure it would not be a good use of my time.

If anyone wants to discuss Viviscal further, they are welcome to look for my prior posts here on EDS in other threads, or send me a pm and I will be glad to help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:39 am      Reply with quote
For those that are truly interested, here is one of the clinical trials comparing Viviscal to another fish based extract, in patients that had already been treated with minoxidil for 1 year.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1286738

A press release for a study released this year, though I have not read the detailed study yet.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/viviscal-presents-supplements-for-first-time-at-world-hair-congress-206252381.html

I will not be posting on this thread again.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |