Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Caci microlift microcurrent
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Sorry I can't link here, but its very easy to find under its name. I noticed the Pico users were using the helpful videos Caci put out with its (new?) home microcurrent device. If I were thinking to invest this much, I believe I would go with the one of the top names that has been supplying professionals with quality devices for years. It is great to see companies responding to the renewed interest in the technology, and investing in the hugely exploding market of home devices. So many choices now.

At first I wasn't thrilled with the tong idea, but after watching the videos, I think you could get quite a good treatment with these, and believe the process has been beautifully simplified with the Caci device. I also believe they have the best technology out there, having been in the field producing great machines for a good long while. I think you could use plain cotton buds soaked in water too, like a normal MC machine.

Still, I think results are fairly subtle from this technology, and like the idea of some of the less expensive devices, like the one Bethany posted from winwin. I think the technology is fairly simple, so it doesn't actually have to be a huge expense.

Anyone else have any thoughts about this system? Looks attractive in its simple design and system, doesn't it? If you are interested to try MC, it certainly takes the guess work out. still, not sure it works for everyone, so might be worth trying a real cheap device first, to see if you get any response at all, like around the eye area before going for it.

I would love to hear if anyone gets hold of one of these though.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
PQ posted a review on this...I think he preferred the Pico over the Caci (he also has a professional Caci device).

http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/category/caci-microlift/

I would like to see Beautiful Image come out with a home device, since that is definitely also a well known and respected brand.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a link from a thread on the CACI.

https://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46765&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
General feedback on the caci is that it is underwhelming, though there was a poster or two here who were pleased with it.
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ah yeah, not too impressive I see. Sorry, I'm not sure why that thread didn't turn up in my search. I'm sure the current is great, just those tongs don't seem as convenient, and nobody likes the sound of 'cheap looking' after forking over that much cash. Mind you I did hear the same complaint about another expensive popular device too. However that one seems more user friendly at least.

I truly am loving my sqoom and another ultrasound I alternate with, and between those, My-M treatments, reaura, facial massage and skin care (what did I forget?), I am not that sure I am excited enough yet about microcurrent to add an expensive device I will feel pressure to use a lot.

The beginnings of my turkey wattle that I was horrified to see forming have been helped dramatically by my enjoyable sqoom sessions, requiring no expensive hyagels, just a homemade ulmw hyaluronic and glycerin serum with different actives. Obviously the ultrasound is a newer modality as far as being used in facial care, but I also love what the iontophoresis does for product penetration - and for this it is really intense, I even developed an allergy to plain old b5/panthenol, I think due to it being forced so deeply into my skin as I had used it without trouble before.

Anyway its way off topic, but between the two, I still think I would choose my ultrasound and the cheapie little microcurrent device which I can do a nice little combo treatment with. I can't see adding another long treatment in...right now anyway. I do hope to see other user friendly products entering the market at a better price point than we now have available with good quality components, but mostly I would be thrilled to see some great evidence of mircocurrents effectiveness for facial lifting, seeing as this is what most hope from the devices. It is amazing that with all the years it has been around, that there isn't many convincing photo documentation (I could find) of treatment results (minus the lighting tricks), or a really good study done. I have read those that were available that don't hold much hope for lower face lifting.

It's not that I don't believe that it is helpful, its just that I am not sure to what degree, and that makes me consider how much money but more importantly time I want to invest in doing the treatment. I know some are getting good results, and not to take away from people's personal experience (only they can really know), but I have seen holy grail devices come and fall out of favor many times since being a long time reader of EDS. Photos are a great way to judge things, and I saw a couple of people had put some photos up. I will wait for possible longer term updates etc. Call me a cynic, but if you hang around these places for long enough, you will invariably spend your last penny on every new thing that comes along only to end up in a drawer in a couple of months, or after a couple of disappointments your patience will increase just that little bit and allow you to consider things a bit more crucially. I remain open minded and interested on this topic, and will watch for a longer term prognosis. I think I have the time, (prices surely won't go up?!), and am enjoying (for the most part) the ride.

If you reached the end of this long winded opinionated ramble
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Idealist

I have the Caci, and like PQ am just a little underwhelmed, it did soften my forehead a bit and my face seemed to be 'fresher' in some way, but it wasnt easy to use, it has 4 prongs, which can grip and slide, for separate programmes. I found the sliding obviously easier to do, and the pinching/gripping a lot harder to get the hang of.

I have since got the pico which I do like very much and have found much easier to use ( just gloves), however I have had headaches with the pico so I go carefully with it, not everyday use and use a low intensity.

HTH
Best
Sylvia

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |