Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Detailed post, pores, nasolabial lines, eye shape
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
applesz
5% products discount

Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Soo feels a bit strange putting myself out there but having tried a lot of things on my own with tiny results I was wondering if anyone on EDS was willing to share their opinion, experiences and non invasive ways to address my problems.

The problem
At 18 I used a product called Sundepil on my face, the instructions says its suitable for removing facial hair, at the time I didn't really have any but I was paranoid ever since I saw my grandmas beard so I thought of it as a preventive method. A couple months later I developed a rash on my chin which I attributed to a new soap I bought. And from then on it was downhill. I realised it most definately wasn't the soap. My skin began to get extremely oily and the mattifying moisturizer I used refused to work, when I used my exfoliating scrub my skin would get bumpier when previously they made my face smooth. On the side I used Sundepil, the pores began to open and develop a black pigment. Started getting fine lines under my eyes and my waterline became rough. My nose pores were 3D! developed a darker and deeper smile line. It was like by using sundepil on my face I triggered an aging process.

The solution
Needless to say I've spent the majority of my time looking for a fix. Its disturbed my social life to where I decline invitations all the time. Or if I go out I need to look in the mirror every two seconds, which may appear like vanity but its insecurity.
This is a list of what I've tried, aimed to put it in order.

Botanics pore perfecting moisturizer - Stunk and made my face more oily
Witch Hazel - No effect
Tea tree oil - No effect
Crushed asprin mask - No visible effect, face felt smoother
Curdled milk- same as above
Kiss my face peaches and cream- incredibly smooth skin but not visually, a more even complexion.
Palmers Beta Hydroxy & Tea tree toner - very drying
Tend skin- Burnt my skin
Oil pulling - produced more mucus but a tiring thing to do so quit
Orange peel skin - Burnt my skin
Skin doctors Ingrow go - Burnt my skin badly
Skin Laborotory Salicylic 20% peel - great stuff took some of the chicken skin bumps on my chin away by a significant amount but later stopped working.
Bravura salicylic peel- Did nothing
Skin obsession acne stop- very drying
Bentonite clay - fantastic for shrinking pores temporarily, but now use it as my make up powder after buying IT Cosmetics pores no more and being disappointed
Dermaroller with blue LED- no apperant effect for what I was trying to address
Strivectin thermal deep wrinkle serum - did not work, spent queit a bit on it too
Montagne Jeunesse Dead sea mask - Marvellous, can't really describe how though as it didn't shrink my pores, just made my skin look better somehow, effect lasted for two days or three, other Montagne Jeunesse masks gave me a stye on my eye lol
Fish oil- made my legs feel smooth not my face
Vitamin C - stopped me from getting any illness
Vitamin E oil - just gave me a refined complexion
Coconut oil - Use to help getting white stuff from pores no effect now
Oil cleansing method - made skin less oily throughout the day somewhat radiant complexion
Demodex Solution xmfl- nothing
Salcura Acne spray- made acne last longer on face
Mychelle perfect C serum - refined pores upon waking up and a dramatically even complexion for first few uses.
Tumeric mask- shrank pores and removed fine lines significantly, beautiful glow
Vicco tumeric cream with Sandalwood - makes skin matte!

There was a reason why I bought every single product, I sincerely thought they'd be the answer to my problems and put all my hope into it, needless to say its been dissapointment after dissapointment , but everytime I see my face I go online and research again.

Reactions
the side where I used Sundepil has humongous pores. My facial skin breaks out in acne or a rash in specific place if I eat
Peanuts- Forehead
Butter- Forehead and left cheek
All other Dairy - left cheek/ jawline
Soy - Forehead
Eggs- Forehead

I may also react to wheat, I had a considerable amount of digestive biscuits the other day and ended up with a light rash all over my cheek, these reactions also make me itch all over my body, like little pinches.
I have eliminated things that give me acne but for the sake of gaining weight I need those things in my life! So I control my acne at the expense of looking like a stick *sigh*.However my reaction to goats butter is almost non existent so that's what I have now but it enlarges my pores as like all dairy. May be the IGF1 which is just creating more oil and dead skin in the alreadly blocked pores.

Skin condition now

Sundepil side
Lower eyelid droops a considerable amount exposing more eye white and a rounded shape when my natural eyes are almonds

Nasolabial lines on both sides, I hate them so much. But on the sundepil side its deeper. [I think facial excersises may be reducing them though, started about over a week ago]

Large pores keep spreading

Acne marks taking forever to heal and fade away.

Upper eyelid attempting to sag.

Under eye fine lines getting worse.

And much more but these are my main concerns

Conclusions.
My conclusions about what's happening to my skin is forever fluctuating as I find new information all the time but here is a summary.

When I used Sundepil on my face, which is Sandpaper to say the least. I may have caused hyperkeratosis. My skin decided to create more skin cells in order to protect my deeper skin layers. But having tried using BHAs and AHAs to address pores and failing I think its more of a collagen loss issue because of all the sagging eye skin and fine lines, surely that can't be dead cells overload? So maybe its a combination of both. Glycation may be causing the collagen loss too. There was even a point where I thought it was the demodex causing the black dots on my face. My head is all over the place. My doctors won't help. I just feel like nothing is working and everything is getting worse its so mentally frustrating, financially demanding and physically heartbreaking.

Please pm for pictures if you have any suggestions as I'm 21 and I don't feel comfy posting it online, might end up on google images Neutral
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi applesz,
What has happened with your skin sounds too complex for me to understand, and it sounds like you've educated yourself a good amount anyway, so I can't offer any help there.

I don't mean to poo-poo your issues, but sometimes, especially when we're young, we fixate on our problems, and imagine more which we might not otherwise have noticed.

First I'd advise you to try and distract yourself a bit from your face. We all have imperfections, areas "attempting to sag", feel like acne marks taking forever to fade, etc, especially when we're looking in the mirror, and not in a good mood! Try it on a day when you're feeling better, and you'll probably notice your whole face perk up.

At the same time, you mentioned some treatments that worked well! Well, that's awesome, since some people don't ever see that kind of success. Skincare is a process, and very little ever happens overnight. I'd just continue using those products that work, gently, and maybe not too often. Along with a very benign cleanser which won't irritate - perhaps rinse off oil cleansing. About the products which worked, and then stopped working... just give them a rest and try them again after a few weeks.

I'd also recommend that you make sure you're getting enough water and oils, and look at your diet, or have someone do that for you. I keep hearing that people think their diet is adequate but when we probe further, its lacking, and they're not aware.

Also, pardon me for saying, but you seem to be very specific in all your conclusions - that that food causes problems here, and that one there. But I'm rarely so sure what the repercussions are of my diet, or my products, when there are so many factors to take into account - the rest of my diet, my cycle, environmental factors, and stress, for instance.

I'm sure you'll get some good advice here so try to relax and feel like you're in good hands. When you're young it feels like the end of the world, but later you'll look back and realize that it only took a short time to sort itself out.
Good luck!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
So you used the sandpaper stuff on your face at 18. For how long and how old are you now?

I would think if you are 40, my ideas will be different than if you are 20.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
By Sundepil you mean the pads? I have been using them on my legs for years. Under the arms they are a bit harsh, because they (like a kind of microdermabrasion) do take off the upper layer of your skin if you're not careful.
And possibly you have been overenthusiastic, scraped off the upper layer of your skin without adding protection afterwards (barrier repair, sunscreen....). That is, if the Sundepil as I know it (the sandpaper stuff) really IS the cause - there could be other factors in play as well.

If you are still young, chances are things will get back to normal if you stop abusing your skin (the list of things you put on it to remedy things would make any skin go haywire - find a regimen that suits you and stick to that for at least six weeks to give your skin a chance to get used to it). If you're in your thirties, I'd say find an expert, a professional, to help you deal with this.

If it was my skin and I was young, I would start on a regimen of vitamin E cream, a VERY mild toner (rosewater, NOTHING with any alcohol in it) and a very good sunscreen (zinc oxide)and see how that would calm things down in a month or two. But chances are, things will never go back to how they were.
applesz
5% products discount

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:56 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to say I used it one time on my face but I got excited at the prospect of microdermabrasion and used it about four times. My sister who also used this is undergoing the same facial changes so I know for a fact its Sundepil and me not being an overanalytical self obsessed 20 year old.Thanks for the support Loria, I've definately tried leaving things alone but it gets worse, as in it seems like a degenarative process so I absolutely cannot sit back and watch it heal because its not.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:26 am      Reply with quote
Basically you have ruined your skin barrier. Can you get CeraVe where you are? That has the required 3 components to restore the barrier...ceramides, cholesterol, and free fatty acids.

And a zinc oxide sunscreen as Lotusether recommended. But please stay away from everything until your skin improves, or you risk doing further damage.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I really think you have nothing to worry about at 21! I think skin is still changing, and you may find it improves with no help. your skin is young enough to regenerate by itself. Embrace what you have, I wish I had appreciated my skin and its youthfulness at that age, (but of course I didnt), and now (being over 50), I look at those photos of younger years and think what was I ever worried about then. Smile
applesz
5% products discount

Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have spent around 3 years trying to "fix" my skin so i' appreciate it if my concerns werent pushed to the side because I mentioned my age, I only added that to show that things havent gotten better sinse I was 18. My sister who is 16 now hasnt used all the products I have and shes experiencing volume loss, fine lines etc.

Please please please only comment if you think you can help somehow, thanks
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
if you and your sister are suffering from similar issues, I would look to your parents. Maybe some of the issues are you maturing?

Since you have tried so many things at home and it is more then just acne, I would see a natural path or a dermatologist.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I came back to post again, but WOW... how rude.
How about please please please only post to eds if you think you can be ready to accept some alternative solutions to what you've already tried, thanks.

I believe that the ideas offered here are worth considering and that they WERE posted by people (whose opinions I respect) thinking they could help. Sorry we failed you, and good luck finding another magic product to add to your pile.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
applesz
5% products discount

Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:59 am      Reply with quote
I knew my comment may come off as rude but I really didn't want anyone to take it that way. Sorry. I do appreciate what people have said especially the barrier repair aspect of things. Just felt like people just think, oh she's young she'll be fine. It comes across in posts, then other potential posters won't contribute because my issues are passed off as kinda irrelevant. Its so scary to see my skin get worse as each day goes by and I guess I was hoping someone who thought my symptoms sounded familiar would see my post and be like, Right! you need
This this and this Embarassed

That's an explanation of how I felt
But this is an apology for how I came across, sorry guyss Crying or Very sad
applesz
5% products discount

Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Laura my mum has smooth skin so does my auntie, so this skin texture my sister and I are dealing with isn't genetic or us maturing unfortunately, If that was the case I'd be happy but this is so unatural its scary
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:31 am      Reply with quote
What is your diet and sister's like? An anti-inflammatory diet may help:

http://www.shapeyourface.com/nutrition.htm
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I actually considered asking a mod to remove my post this morning. Please accept my apology (that goes out to all forum members), as well. It could have been said in a much nicer way. And I'm very sorry you're feeling so crummy.

You may be offended at having your age considered, but like it or not, it is very relevant in skincare. Besides that, much of the advice given was for the most part the same advice I/we'd have given someone much older. And the rest were honestly telling you what they've learned and trying to be encouraging.

I might point out that only idea you've acknowledged was the one where other products were recommended. Please consider the notion of "holistic" healing.

I didn't recommend "leaving things alone", but believe that:
- continuing to use products which offer some, but not all benefits, may sooth your body overall and contribute to whatever healing process it is trying to achieve. And our bodies are always "trying" to heal, never the opposite, even though it may seem that way.

- not all products keep working consistently. You still get the benefits by giving a product a break and then starting up again.

- we've all obsessed over a "chronic" condition, but it doesn't help. Often, if we're convinced of ongoing deterioration, unless we remove ourselves for a bit we cannot notice it slowing, or see any small improvements, and stay discouraged. I'm NOT saying that you're imagining or making things up. Things often happen at an imperceptible pace. You may not notice a change from one day to another, but you may from one week or month to another. And call me a hippy, but the emotion of discouragement doesn't aid in healing, and results too often in skipping from product to product too quickly, assuming that nothing is working.

- you are more than your face. Becoming reclusive due to what may simply be a temporary deterioration in your health does not contribute to your overall health and is something to get on top of.

- skincare is a gradual process. There's rarely any quick fix.

- reviewing your diet is important, as is getting professional help if you're convinced that what we've offered here won't help you.

AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:44 am      Reply with quote
LoriA-I have reported myself before before when I realized a post sounded worse than I intended or it was misunderstood. It isn't always easy getting something across and "tone" can easily be misconstrued in writing. We have lost many a good poster here under those circumstances. Thanks for that.
Applesz-Good for you for figuring out your triggers but it sounds like your skin may be very sensitive. I know mine is and it is frustrating.
I will be going along and boom, something makes it break out right out of left field and it is a trial to figure it out.
Derms cannot always help in the small space of a visit so it takes trial and error on your own as well, which you have done.
Vitamin A supplements have really helped on a daily basis.
Accutane was the only thing that really helped me clear up my skin and totally close the pores but that is a huge step mentally as well as internally.
Also, I found a new product called GlamGlow that is a fabulous mask that has really helped clear up my skin, tighten pores and give a lovely glow. I cannot recommend it enough and am totally loving this stuff.
http://www.sephora.com/tingling-exfoliating-mud-mask-P375741?icid2=GlamGlow_Bestsellers_Carousel_P375741_image
We all wish you luck and you have had some great input here so hopefully you can get it turned around.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
How about please please please only post to eds if you think you can be ready to accept some alternative solutions to what you've already tried, thanks.

I believe that the ideas offered here are worth considering and that they WERE posted by people (whose opinions I respect) thinking they could help. Sorry we failed you, and good luck finding another magic product to add to your pile.

Ah, yes!
Some people inherit their skin from their parents.
If I look at my mother's skin- she is 65 and STILL has oily skin and some acne- but no wrinkles yet.
My dad- it was hard to say if he has wrinkles as he was quite overweight, but he did have very oily skin.

Now my sister and I both have some acne in the same spots (or used to for me mostly chin and sister chin and cheeks.

Good idea to check how your family ages and if they have skin issues.

If one of your eyes is drooping more maybe see a eye specialist?
Sometimes one of your eye muscles can get weaker and you might need eye surgery?
I know I have a problem w one of my eye muscles and my aunt also apparently has a similar problem but much worse- she has had to have eye surgery every 2 or 3 years as her eye muscle is too strong and keeps on trying to go back to how it was.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
LoriA wrote:

Ah, yes!
Some people inherit their skin from their parents.
If I look at my mother's skin- she is 65 and STILL has oily skin and some acne- but no wrinkles yet.
My dad- it was hard to say if he has wrinkles as he was quite overweight, but he did have very oily skin.

Now my sister and I both have some acne in the same spots (or used to for me mostly chin and sister chin and cheeks.

Good idea to check how your family ages and if they have skin issues.

If one of your eyes is drooping more maybe see a eye specialist?
Sometimes one of your eye muscles can get weaker and you might need eye surgery?
I know I have a problem w one of my eye muscles and my aunt also apparently has a similar problem but much worse- she has had to have eye surgery every 2 or 3 years as her eye muscle is too strong and keeps on trying to go back to how it was.

I must be the only person who does not seem to be a fan of Glam Glow.
I prefer my usual clay mask (Badescu Whitening mask or sulfur mask).
I found Glawm Glow a bit harsh and kind of seaweedy.

But then you might hate the same masks I like...

Maybe you can try and find a Glam Glow sample- I know I had a small sample jar in a beauty subscription last year and have seen sample packets before too!
terraaus
5% products discount

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I think you're doing way too much to your skin, which is damaging it more. I suggest you see a dermatologist pronto if you haven't already. If your grandma had a beard, she probably had hormonal issues resulting in Cushings or Addisons disease. Dr Perricone has a pore minimizer product. I think Clinique does too. Murad has a blackhead and pore cleansing duo. I would urge you not to buy these products without the advice of a dermatologist though.

You may be allergic to something in the digestive biscuits. Your description sounds like allergies or hives. Psyllium causes me to get black marks on my chest. Deep nasolabial folds can also be the result of poor digestion.
applesz
5% products discount

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the responses, after three years I think im definately on the right track thanks to some of you guys (you know who you are)

I've left my skin alone as advised by someone, keeping it minimal, wash face with just water, Ocm & moisturising with Eucerin 10% Urea to keep moisture in. The condition of my skin just continued to worsen, i know it's suppose to take a while for things to settle down but that wasnt going to happen as none of the above things were proactive in the sense of repairing my poor damaged skin barrier. I'm so happy Bethany mentioned this to me it really made me think.

I found a couple websites online and forum titles on here that I could relate to.

I just picked out the symptoms of chumdog90 that i had but there is more that was listed

Quote:

Lasting, non-improving symptoms for 4 weeks are as follows:

Noticeable changes and problems have occurred in skin since I did this:

• Skin is rough and tough – texture is not the same as before I did this (it almost has grainy leather, crinkly or orange peel texture & appearance to it – my skin was smooth and in good condition prior to this)

• Pores have opened and enlarged over entire face.

• Skin appears to have prematurely aged after doing this.

• I am easily experiencing deep creases and indentations in skin from lying on a pillow, holding a telephone, etc. This has been happening every day since I did this. It’s taking a very long time (over 3-4 hours)
for my skin to bounce back. In the past, I would very seldom get a crease or two on my face from lying on a pillow in the same position all night, and when it did happen, it bounced back quickly.

• Feels as though I’ve lost elasticity in skin

• Scarring, pitting and ice pick marks have appeared, along with small crevices and wrinkles.

• The only scars I had on my face prior to this were two old chicken pox scars from when I was a child – these are now larger, deeper and more prominent.

• A few existing pimples I had when I did this to my face, along with new ones have not healed properly – they’re raised, red nodules and are now scarred-looking on the surface. My pimples would always heal and disappear prior to this without scarring or discoloration.

• Irregular or round flat brown pigmentations have been appearing all over my face that weren’t there before. There are other darker, textured & scarred pigmentations and splotchy discolorations that have appeared on face as well.

• Hypersensitive skin – hurts to touch it. If I lightly rub my fingers across it, it feels like something very sharp is going across my ski – especially in most sensitized, tender areas on cheeks, in between nose & mouth, forehead, in between eyes, chin. Redness/rash appears if I rub those areas. I’ve never had any sensitivity or redness in my skin prior to this.

• Tears make my face sting (possibly from salt in tears)

• My skin is normally very pale and pasty – it is now darker overall and more pinkish/ rashy-looking between eyes, between lip and nose, underneath lip and in chin area, cheeks – this is where skin has been most irritated, tender, and has had the most burning pain.

This was one out of the few people i saw who had similar symptoms to mine. I think more people need to be aware that overexfoliation is extremely dangerous and i just dont think that information is out there. I mean, if you google a skin problem they advise you to exfoliate, wear a mask or get surger like ipl or fraxel, this might be all and well to those who have skin issues because of a thickened skin barrier but to those who have nothing, its not going to be good. I remember i went for a consultation about what to do about my large pores at a cosmetic company and the lady told me, microdermabrasion, i can only thank God that i didnt follow her advise blindly. I've never been one to follow blind advise but i was so desperate for it to all stop, i easily could have said, ok peel my face.

My current action plan is similar to someone on EDS who fixed their skin, i really hope it works so i can be another positive story for those suffering the detrimental effects of wrong skincare information. So here I am again with my sore face, i'd just like a double take on whether this plan sounds good

Doctors Best Hyaluronic Acid with Chondroitin Sulfate - In order to moisturise my skin from within to aid the healing, hopefully fill my tear troughs a bit

Evening primrose oil& Fish oil - essential for skin repair

Cerave Am - chose it over cerave in the tub due to the sunscreen but im not sure if it will have the same effects in terms of aiding skin barrier repair

Confused

A selection of oils - theres absolutely too may to choose from but i personally own avocado oil, coconut oil & castor oil, when i find what works i'll be sure to post it here

a gentle cleanser - I absolutely cannot live without washing my face with something, i feel soo soo dirty, i live for that fresh splash of water to wake me up in the morning, i was thinking of buying SEBAMED CLEANSING BAR SOAP-FREE
or Ultrabland by lush.. im really confused on what to buy in this department.

Muslin cloth & soft baby towels- i findd the oil cleansing method irritates my skin these days.

if all that fails, ive found the most amazing website. Thats the main reason i made this post. It said food allergies begin from the outside in, if your skin barrier is damaged, allergens irritate you more. In short people think that the food is the cause of skin problems but an impaired skin barrier which allows allergens to permeate causing the immune system to freak out & cause inflammation. Guys im so happy i found the cause of all my sudden food allergies, luckily if you repair the barrier and strengthen the immune system, it can be rectified. The prospect of ice cream excites me. All this has thought me alot about the power of the mind but enough of my rambling.

Edit; Had to remove all links but if you google

"How eczema could lead to food allergies" its the article published on aug 14 2013

Thankyouuuu for reading, sorry if my grammar is a lil crazy, too excited teehee
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Your product choices sound great, but I personally think you should use a barrier repair product (CeraVe is fine) twice a day. The one in the tub would be a better choice for evening.

Oils are great if you get something specifically designed for barrier repair, like SkinActives Every Lipid Serum which has cholesterol and ceramides added, but I would personally avoid the oils until you do some time with just CeraVe to get your skin more stabilized. I am just worried that the oils might inhibit the repair aspect of the CeraVe in some way.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm shocked you have tried so many kinds of repair methods. My suggestion is that if the skin itself has problem, just use some gentle products, leaving time for the skin to repair itself. Constantly try new products may cause more damage to the skin.
applesz
5% products discount

Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Beth, I can't even begin to thank you enough. I'm so optimistic that this will work even though I haven't even received the cerave yet. I think I'll get the every lipid serum too.

Cali lol, looking back so am I. But I was on the verge of a breakdown, its more of a mental thing I think. Knowing that your the one that triggered it makes you wanna be proactive. My sister didn't use all the crazy stuff I did and her skin is in as bad of a state as mine, hence I feel it deffo needs some external treatment, I'm looking into something called Corneotherapy as a back up plan incase my new regimen fails. The site is dermaviduals, spoke to someone there who was really lovely and willing to help and its the best info I've founddd
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
My current routine is very simple - maybe this will work for you:

Morning:

Just splash my face with water; no cleanser.
I like using toners, so I currently use Thayers Witch Hazel Rosewater - it gives me that fresh feeling even though I don't cleanse my face in the morning, but otherwise I don't think it does anything.
Cerave in the tub as a moisturizer
Sunblock - Thinkbaby Safe Sunscreen SPF 50+

Evening:
My favourite cleanser of all time is Clinique Comforting Cleansing Cream - I use it with a microfibre washcloth to give me some light exfoliation. I like this because it is gentle while taking off all sunblock/makeup.

If you don't wear sunblock or makeup, I'd suggest LRP Touleraine - the cleansing milk/cream cleanser.

I usually don't moisturize at night - sometimes I'll put on a bit of the Cerave again.

That's it!

Once a week, or once every couple of weeks, I'll do a 50% lactic acid peel - I leave this on for about 3-4 minutes and rinse off.

Supplements:

Fish oil and Vitamin D
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Also I don't think you need to buy the Skinactives ELS if you are using the Cerave. I have the ELS and it's nice, but really not a necessity. I don't use it daily - sometimes I'll put it on if the weather is very cold and my skin is feeling very dry; otherwise I don't use it that much.
applesz
5% products discount

Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Someone said to me the other day..
"For some reason your face looks messy"
He basically just verbalised what I've been thinking, and I think I mentioned my face looks dirty on my first post, but its not. I did the cerave pm and it made my face hydrated for a while but nothing long term or cumalitive unfortunately.
The texture of my deteriorated skin has now spread to my forehead, first it got these tiny dehydrated lines, got really dull, holes became evident and the dark pigments came too. Not to mention the tiny under the skin bumps that are so hard to catch on camera. My forehead was the only area of skin I could be proud of as it was tight and smooth but now its affected. So frustrated can't tell if its inflamation spreading, dehydrated skin, skin build up or skin that has thinned. There's something telling me its Keratosis pilaris. I have the same dark pore pigment on my legs so I'm wondering if I should treat it from that angle. Murs suggested a few things that are said to help keratosis pilaris, already started on vitamin D before I saw this post as its said that dark skin people don't get as much, this plus the fact I don't go out much in the sun as it emphasises my skin texture must mean I'm somewhat low. I know vitamin A increases cell turn over and so does vitamin C? These sometimes make my pores worse so maybe I need something that helps with differentiation & skin barrier strength.

Where in the UK can I get a lactic peel btw
Thankyou
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |