Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Help! My skin care products aren't working.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Westbound

Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone.
I have dry, fairly sensitive skin and I'm having a lot of trouble finding skin care products that work for me. I get noticeable zits every once in a while, and I have some little bumps, some of which are white-ish. It's almost as if there are blemishes under my skin that never reach the surface and I am unable to "pop".

I am currently using:
Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cleanser (in the morning),
St. Ives Apricot Scrub (every few days),
Neutrogena Wave (every few days),
Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin Cleanser (at night),
Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner (morning and night),
and Burt's Bees Acne Solutions Moisturizer (morning and night).

I have been on this routine for probably a couple months now and, while none of these products are having negative effects on my skin, they aren't making it any better, either. I feel as if none of the products clean deep enough into my skin to make any difference.

I would really appreciate if I could get some advice on more (hopefully drugstore) products that may help me. I would also prefer items that don't have SPF in them.

Thank you in advance!
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Hello Westbound,

Welcome to the forum!

It looks like your skin is lacking some good serum and daily exfoliation.

I remember having exactly the same kind of problems before i've got to EDS. One line that really helped me to clean and calm my skin was Paula's Choice skincare.

I would start with 2% BHA Gel:
http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/aha-and-bha-exfoliants/

And one of her antioxidant serums:
http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/antioxidants/

She also has excellent SPF solutions:
http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/sun-care/

Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I would say none of the products you are using have much in the way of active "stuff" in them.

The St Ives scrub is not the greatest product, I would finish that up as a body cleanser. If you are suffering from breakouts, switch your Burts Bee cleanser for something that fights acne. Maybe Burt has something?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Absolutely agree on adding some Paula's Choice into your regiment.

The products you're using are a waste of time, to be honest. The Neutrogena (it's good that it's alc free!) doesn't have much of anything in it and the Burts Bee's Acne Solutions is most likely laden with alcohol (if not, irritating ingredients).
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Drugstore skincare products are totally useless, IMHO. If you want a good inexpensive alternative to drugstore product, then Paula's Choice is a good start.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Or with a little research here, you could go the diy route, especially if cost is an issue. A lot of people prefer it believing that it results in higher quality & certainly fresher products than even high end brands can offer.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
natefan87
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Drugstore skincare products are totally useless, IMHO. If you want a good inexpensive alternative to drugstore product, then Paula's Choice is a good start.

That's untrue. Many drugstore brands offer some solid products that have nice ingredients.

Cerave has some very nice and gentle (and inexpensive!) offerings that have ingredients that will help your skin.

Olay Total Effects and Regenerist have great products that have high amounts of niacinamide and Vitamin C (in the MAP form). Olay also has an AHA option that is approximately 8% AHA and at a correct pH.

Don't believe that drugstores don't have anything good to offer because they do!
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Personally I think Burts Bees products are garbage, no offense to those that love them. When I haven't had an allergic reaction to one of their products, they cause acne. Its the heavy use of bee propolis, a known allergen. Why they don't have a warning label on their products is beyond me.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |