Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
This week I officially become old....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I turn 40 on Friday. I have an appointment for a mammogram and have the name of the dr I need to call for a colonoscopy.

I have spent the last month doing carefully timed Microneedling sessions, IPL and will cap it off on Thursday or Friday with a Hydrafacial.

I don't look old and I don't feel old but scheduling those tests made me feel 100.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Your blessings are many so count them and not years. Happy Birthday!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Look at them as preventative measures, though I thought colonoscopies were at 50?

Happy birthday though...40 is the new 30 after all!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:40 am      Reply with quote
My body is over 50, my wisdom level is over 50, but my heart is 20....

As I worked on myself inwardly, I grew younger.

Wishing for you, your best possible personal journey Cool

BFAG
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:57 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Look at them as preventative measures, though I thought colonoscopies were at 50?

I have some family history of issues in the lower region so I am getting checked on 10 years early

turning 40 is better than the alternative! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:57 am      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
bethany wrote:

I have some family history of issues in the lower region so I am getting checked on 10 years early

Smart lady...better safe than sorry!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
OP, don't be silly.

Turning 40 doesn't make you old. There are plenty of 40+ women who are fit and gorgeous.

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
OP, don't be silly.

Turning 40 doesn't make you old. There are plenty of 40+ women who are fit and gorgeous.

Did you see the part where she said "I don't look old and I don't feel old..." Question Question Question She isn't disputing that you can look great in your 40's, so I am not sure why you would call her silly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
In my opinion, age largely is a number.

40+ women are having babies, baby boomers are winning bodybuilding competitions, and more people are living well at 75, 85, and beyond. I know a women who finished law school in her 40s--and near the top of her class.

There are plenty of older women who are defying the odds, achieving their dreams, living fulfilled lives--and looking good while doing it. I don't think that taking a few medical tests changes any of that.

Here's hoping that this thread stays positive and encouraging. Smile

Thanks.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:08 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
LauraLizzie wrote:
bethany wrote:

Smart lady...better safe than sorry!

Well I'm 36 and look quite young but feel "old" due to many health issues.
Most people that have some of the same issues are usually 60+ years old- so whenever I go to a medical apt I am asked if I am waiting for my grandmother.....(grrrr).

I will be glad to turn one year older!
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies, I am not ready for a walker yet.

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I remember those tests at 40 and then again when I turned 50.
The tests help me keep my feet on the ground and remind me that (like you) even though I don't feel my age, I am, so therefore I NEED to be proactive!
When I turned 50 last year, I had so many other test I thought I was going in for an overhaul. It was sort of depressing but I realized those tests will keep me alive! I do mammograms yearly and blood work as well.
I have an Aunt who is 95 and travels every few months all around the globe by airplane and car.
She drinks a glass of fresh squeezed OJ in the morn and 2 glasses of red wine at night. And her attitude is marvelous! She's calm, strong-willed, optimistic and just enjoys life! She's my role model!
Just turned 51 last week myself, so happy birthday!!!! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
If it makes you feel better, I've had colonoscopies every 5 years since I was 14 and mammograms since I was 20... I never associated either of those with age before in my life.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Yes, my colonoscopy and mammograms were all due to health issues. Not fun nor age related!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
My white hairs and 11's have made me feel old at times. But overall I look youthful, have stayed at the same weight, have a lot of character and energy, and love for what I do, so I don't see myself fading anytime soon.

I sprained my ankle for the first time ever last week walking down a STEP(!), almost passed out, and had to sit for a minute composing myself - that put a pang of fear in me. But I was able to walk immediately with no trouble, swelling was next to nil, and was skipping rope within 2-3 days. I'm strong, healthy, and then some!

Once in a while I do fall victim to young girls who turn up and see themselves in competition with me for attention. I know its ridiculous since there's no way I'm after the guys they are, and honestly I'm in a completely different realm than they are as a woman AND workwise. But its hard not to feel a little faded around that absolute GLOW of youth.

But I've still got a glow, genuine love for life, and as my ancient english teacher in high school used to say "VIM! VIGOUR! & VITALITY!" (his teeth flew out one day as he was revving up to yell it out again, apparently, lol).

Most of them will lose their's by the time they hit 30 with all the partying, and lack of genuine passion for what they do, and I'll still be going strong. No worries here, really.
Smile

* edit: I lied. I worry, but do a decent job of keeping myself in check!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
My white hairs and 11's have made me feel old at times. But overall I look youthful, have stayed at the same weight, have a lot of character and energy, and love for what I do, so I don't see myself fading anytime soon.

I sprained my ankle for the first time ever last week walking down a STEP(!), almost passed out, and had to sit for a minute composing myself - that put a pang of fear in me. But I was able to walk immediately with no trouble, swelling was next to nil, and was skipping rope within 2-3 days. I'm strong, healthy, and then some!

Once in a while I do fall victim to young girls who turn up and see themselves in competition with me for attention. I know its ridiculous since there's no way I'm after the guys they are, and honestly I'm in a completely different realm than they are as a woman AND workwise. But its hard not to feel a little faded around that absolute GLOW of youth.

But I've still got a glow, genuine love for life, and as my ancient english teacher in high school used to say "VIM! VIGOUR! & VITALITY!" (his teeth flew out one day as he was revving up to yell it out again, apparently, lol).

Most of them will lose their's by the time they hit 30 with all the partying, and lack of genuine passion for what they do, and I'll still be going strong. No worries here, really.
Smile

* edit: I lied. I worry, but do a decent job of keeping myself in check!

That's great you heal so quickly Lori A! I am probably younger than you, but have a condition that keeps me in a good amount of pain all the time. Still, I am happy, and don't let it stop me doing what I like. I just got back from a 4 day wilderness canoe trip.

It's hard to judge others passion. Lets hope they get to enjoy all that partying and a wonderful life full of 'vim, vigour and vitality'.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Ok add this to the list of Wake Up Calls:

I went to my eye surgeon to ask about refractive surgery so I wouldnt have to wear the dang contacts, and he suggested a custom lens implant "because in the not-to-distant future you're going to need a cataract extraction anyway, so why not do it now and pre-empt that and benefit from the refractive correction".

At first I was like ... WTH???
But then I was like ... COOL!!!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |