Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
3 day salmon facelift diet.............
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:57 am      Reply with quote
has anyone tried the perricone 3 day facelift diet, mainly eating salmon, or oily fish. Did anyone see any improvements with the skin tone as he states?
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Gretchen I think.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
No, I have never done the 3-Day Facelift diet by Perricone but I do try to eat an anti-inflammatory diet and salmon, blueberries, oatmeal, etc are staples in my diet. So since this is not something I just started, I have not seen an "improvement" in my skin tone because I was not lacking in it anyway. I attribute my good skintone mostly to face exercises but I am sure a healthy lifestyle plays a part too.

You have nothing to lose doing the diet so why not be the guinea pig and do it yourself to see if it makes a difference to you. You cannot always predict your own results from that of others because underlying ailments, nutrient deficiencies, hormones, etc may be the reason behind why something didn't work for someone else.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Gretchen I think.

And after finishing,she advocates against fish oil and PUFAs Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
My friend in Austria does it every now and then and swears by it! She looks 15 years younger than her stated age too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
My friend in Austria does it every now and then and swears by it! She looks 15 years younger than her stated age too.

are you serious??? I like salmon so no problem for me just eating salmon for 3 days! I did atkins years ago for months so I can def do a 3 day salmon marathon... where can I find detail on this diet? Lets see if I can look 21 again! lol Thanks
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.webmd.com/diet/perricone-diet-what-it-is

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
http://www.webmd.com/diet/perricone-diet-what-it-is

thank you bethany, reading now....
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
fawnie wrote:

are you serious??? I like salmon so no problem for me just eating salmon for 3 days! I did atkins years ago for months so I can def do a 3 day salmon marathon... where can I find detail on this diet? Lets see if I can look 21 again! lol Thanks

Very Happy daler here is the 3-Day Facelift Diet:

Quote:
Dr. Perricone's Three Day Nutritional Face Lift™

Is there a facelift in your fridge?

The answer is "YES" if you follow Dr. Perricone's Three Day Nutritional Face Lift™

To make it simple, follow this plan for three days. If you feel you need a change from all the salmon, you may substitute poultry or tofu - but remember the special essential fatty acids and antioxidants in salmon give skin a remarkable suppleness, radiance and youthful glow. To learn more, read The Perricone Prescription (http://www.amazon.com/Perricone-Prescription-Physicians-Program-Rejuvenation/dp/B000OFOIWM/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1343336358&sr=1-1), which contains a wonderful 28-Day Meal Plan, as well as a 3-Day Meal Plan, with a wide variety of delicious foods as well as outstanding, yet easy to prepare recipes.

The promise of a visible difference in your looks in just three days may seem too good to be true. But if you eat the wrinkle-free way for even a short period of time, you will experience dramatic changes, not only in how you look, but how you feel. I recommend the Three Day Nutritional Face-lift™ as the perfect way to jumpstart the 28-Day Plan – this will allow you to see a drop in weight and visible results in your skin right away.

Three-Day Nutritional Face-lift™ aids in the elimination of puffiness, increases contours, firms jaw line, etc. You must eat salmon twice a day for the ideal effects of the DMAE, astaxanthin and the essential fatty acids in the salmon to take effect. This will increase radiance, glow and firmness to the skin. Wild Alaskan Salmon is far superior to farm-raised salmon. For convenient online access to the best wild Alaskan salmon, organic berries and more we recommend Vital Choice Seafood (www.VitalChoice.com)

If you do not eat salmon, go right to the 28-Day Plan (http://www.perriconemd.com/display.do?ruleID=101323&itemID=5&itemType=LANDING) – although you will not see the dramatic results in the first three days as you will by using the Three-Day Nutritional Face-lift™.

SHOPPING LIST

Organic, cage-free eggs
Blueberries, raspberries or mixed berries - fresh
Cantaloupe
Oatmeal
Kiwi fruit
Salmon
Turkey breast
Romaine lettuce or dark leafy greens
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Lemons
Apples
Pears
Plain Yogurt
Hazelnuts, walnuts or almonds.
Bright green vegetables such as asparagus, broccoli, spinach
Fresh spring water

Breakfast

3 egg omelet and/or 4-6 oz. grilled salmon. I do not recommend smoked salmon or lox on the three-day diet because of the salt intake.
˝ cup cooked oatmeal (not instant). Cooked oatmeal is a great source of fiber, low glycemic carbohydrates.
2” wedge of cantaloupe or 1/3 cup fresh berries. Cantaloupe is very hydrating to the skin and contains important antioxidants - blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries are high in antioxidants.
No Juice, No Coffee or Toast. If you normally drink large amounts of coffee, drink black or green tea to prevent caffeine withdrawal.
8 - 12 oz. spring water.

Lunch

4-6 oz. grilled salmon. Option: you can also use canned salmon and mix a little mayo and fresh squeezed lemon.
2 cups green salad made with romaine lettuce or other dark leafy greens. Dressing: extra virgin olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon to taste.
1 kiwi fruit or cantaloupe and berries as above.
8 – 12 oz. spring water.

Snack

1 apple
2 oz. slice of turkey breast or 6 oz. plain yogurt.
Small handful of hazelnuts, walnuts or almonds. Great source of fatty acids and folic acid.

Dinner

4-6 oz. grilled salmon.
Green Salad as described above.
˝ cup steamed veggies. Especially asparagus, broccoli, spinach, etc. NO root vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots, beets, parsnips, etc.
Cantaloupe and berries.
8 – 12 oz. spring water.

Before Bedtime Snack

1 pear or apple.
2 oz. slice chicken or turkey breast or 6 oz. plain yogurt.
Small handful of hazelnuts, walnuts or almonds. Great source of fatty acids and folic acid.

Source: http://www.perriconemd.com/display.do?ruleID=100744&itemID=5
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Nonie! 3 days is doable, I can even do it every month or so... lets see if I follow thru with it.... Wink
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I suggest this is a scam in the long run.

The reason is, it suggests dairy(yogurt) eggs and dead flesh(turkey/salmon) and hardcore vegetables.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:

The reason is, it suggests dairy(yogurt) eggs and dead flesh(turkey/salmon) and hardcore vegetables.

are you a vege or do u prefer to eat living flesh? Wink
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
panoslydios wrote:

Lol! Do we have a vampire among us?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
gosh i tried this and bought is super expensive stuff long ago.. in fact. that is what drove me here.. to figure out how to have nice skin without all the $$$$
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
panoslydios wrote:

LOL, you made me remember the video of sashimi made from a live squid. Seems rather cruel to me. WARNING: the following videos are not for the faint at heart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkAqdh_kLbs

And then there's also the vid of that girl eating live octopus for the first time. I find the vid a bit gross because the octopus falls all over the table before she eats it--which seems so so unsanitary. And yes, I find it cruel too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNy8MUPOAtQ

bethany wrote:

Lol! Do we have a vampire among us?

Laughing @ bethany or a werewolf for that matter. Maybe just a cannibal on a raw diet! Neutral
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
gosh i tried this and bought is super expensive stuff long ago.. in fact. that is what drove me here.. to figure out how to have nice skin without all the $$$$

did this diet for for you? did u do it for 3 days or on going?

I take EFAs and astaxanthin & lycopene and many more supplement already... ( I m sure panos would nice things to say about this too, lol)

Nonie, I am that faint of heart, cant watch live stuff being eaten by humans!
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:48 am      Reply with quote
me neither!

But the diet sound interesting, I dont tend to eat in the am( I know, probably wrong- but for me too busy but also really strange when I eat in the am it sort of sets off a funny thing that I cant stop eating and end up stuffing !!)

Anyway , I like salmon and salad, so think I will try at least half of it! Laughing

I also take supplements Daler too so you are not the only one! And I am also a " flesh eater" though Not a werewolf or Vampire even if they sray "young forever" Bad Grin Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:15 am      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:

Organic eggs (2 per day) is the best thing you can eat for your brain (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11023003).

Egg yolk and liver is the richest source of choline, which is a building source of acetylcholine. Acetylcoline is brain's memory manager; reduced amounts of this neurotransmitter may be a causal factor for Alizheimer's disease.

Animal studies show that the amount of choline given to a pregnant animal determines how good the memory of the offspring will be even in old age! (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3188336/)

And do not even get me started on fish oil. Wild salmon should be eaten at least 2-3 times per week.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:37 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
panoslydios wrote:

Organic eggs (2 per day) is the best thing you can eat for your brain (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11023003).

Egg yolk and liver is the richest source of choline, which is a building source of acetylcholine. Acetylcoline is brain's memory manager; reduced amounts of this neurotransmitter may be a causal factor for Alizheimer's disease.

Animal studies show that the amount of choline given to a pregnant animal determines how good the memory of the offspring will be even in old age! (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3188336/)

And do not even get me started on fish oil. Wild salmon should be eaten at least 2-3 times per week.

Sounds like you have fell for a huge scam Wink

I wouldnt eat the products from an animal that is so degraded and cant even fly far away-aka chicken.

Fish oil, cod liver oil are both useless .Cod liver oil comes from the first elimination organ
in animals and that is liver.Form there daily toxins are being passed out everyday .

As for salmon is just a second hand protein and a dead flesh.

Evrything you want you can take it from the clean Air,the Sun ,the fruits and the herbs.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:57 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:

Now that makes me really want to try it!

I dont mind salmon, only for 3 days, but I would miss the glass of wine in the evening! Very Happy
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Desperate people will fall for anything. Eat salmon 3 days PER WEEK for the rest of your life and your skin will look a little better and you will definitely be healthier overall. I've done that for years but I can't say for sure that it was the ONLY thing that improved my skin.

That diet will make your face look thinner because you will lose water weight since there are no grains (one meal with oatmeal) and no sugar. A good way to jump start a lifestyle change regarding your diet so there is no harm in it.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Food for thought:

http://www.globalaging.org/health/us/got.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
Food for thought:

http://www.globalaging.org/health/us/got.htm

I have seen this blog before but why I dismiss it is because a photo when smiling vs one not smiling do not make good comparison photos. For those who don't want to read the whole article, this lady followed the 3-Day Facelift Diet by Perricone and her conclusion was it didn't work because she looks older after the diet (photo to the right) than before (photo to the left). I beg to disagree.

First of all, everyone knows lines on your face show up more when you smile or laugh than when you don't, so what she is showing is what we would expect to see when one increases facial expressions. Nevertheless, I do see remarkable improvements even with the misleading change in expression.

Notice how puffy her under eye area is in the photo in the blue robe when she isn't smiling (before). Experience and common sense tells you that when she smiles, her eye bags should be even more pronounced because skin bunches up when our muscles rise up in a smile. But that isn't what we see in the photo with the green robe (after the diet). Her bags are not there at all when she is smiling in the "after" photo making me think that area must look smoother when she isn't smiling post the diet.

Another thing that happens to everyone who doesn't have a paralysed face is our N/L lines become more pronounced when we smile. However, hers look the same in the "after" photo where she is smiling as they did in the "before" photo where she wasn't smiling making it seem as if there has been some improvement in her muscle tone and a smoothing effect that would make the N/L lines look diminished if she stopped smiling. Put another way, if the photos had been taken on the same day, I would think her N/L lines had been injected with something that makes them not change when she smiles.

Si it seems to me that her photos were staged so as to look worse after the diet by exaggerating her facial expressions in the "after" photo. The wrinkling of skin when your muscles contract is a natural occurrence and I doubt 3 days are enough for skin elaticity to improve to where this accordion effect is minimized. Besidese without seeing how much wrinkling she had before when she smiled, it is hard to tell if what we see in the "after" photo is more or less or the same.

In conclusions, her photos do not prove that the diet doesn't work, which I think was the point she was trying to make when she posted those contrasting photos.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
She actually had 5 photos from each day for people to review, so we don't know if she was smiling in them all or not.

I bought this book many years ago when it first came out. Basically the 3 day plan is just to kick start you on a healthier way of eating overall, which should ultimately improve your health and make you appear to be more vibrant.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
She actually had 5 photos from each day for people to review, so we don't know if she was smiling in them all or not.

I bought this book many years ago when it first came out. Basically the 3 day plan is just to kick start you on a healthier way of eating overall, which should ultimately improve your health and make you appear to be more vibrant.

bethanyHow do you know she has 5 photos? Is there a link you could kindly provide?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |