Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
3 day salmon facelift diet.............
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I use regular table salt because I need the iodine. I don't use a lot, just enough to bring out the flavor. Unless you have high blood pressure, most people can have salt with no problem.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:12 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
I use regular table salt because I need the iodine. I don't use a lot, just enough to bring out the flavor. Unless you have high blood pressure, most people can have salt with no problem.

Sounds you have fell for a scam.

Iodine copmetes chloride so the amount of iodine you get from salt is useless.
Also salt is one of the first reasons of calcification in blood vessels.

If you want better health throw all the table salt to the trash bin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Eat pineapples, and breathe air ! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
How often is "occasional" sex I would like to know? Does one intense session count for more than quickies?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
How often is "occasional" sex I would like to know? Does one intense session count for more than quickies?

Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
lol, thats a piece of panos wisdom that I have no problem with!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
SoftSkin wrote:

Read this article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoitreYou might actually learn something.

Of course, you might want to tell us when you got your Nobel Prize in Medicine.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
panoslydios wrote:
SoftSkin wrote:

Read this article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoitreYou might actually learn something.

Of course, you might want to tell us when you got your Nobel Prize in Medicine.

You take your iodine from the AIR .This is your main source especially if you live near the sea .Period
Cause human being is not designed to live in mountain cold climates.

The amount of iodine you get from salt is ridiculous concerning the fact that chloride(in salt) competes with it.Salt does more damage than good even if it has iodine.

I suggest everyone to STOP supplementing with POISONS LIKE IODORAL,LUGOLS AND THE LIKE CHEMICAL FORMS OF IODINE and seek iodine from sea plants(kelp,bladderwrack),trees and mainly from the AIR.
Breathe!

Also your last comment personally on me is showing you are UNHEALTHY!So i hope people will not fell for other's advice when these others are not HEALTHY and speak personally to others.
Because if they had figured it out they would be HEALTHY with NO VIOLENT SPEAKING,full of VIBRATION.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Thought I'd just throw into this 'melee' Very Happy the school of thought that we should all be eating by blood type. Having read the book ages ago, it confirmed for me why I could never be a vegetarian - I always end up starving/irritable in the middle of the night if I don't have some animal protein every day.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Tyger wrote:
Thought I'd just throw into this 'melee' Very Happy the school of thought that we should all be eating by blood type. Having read the book ages ago, it confirmed for me why I could never be a vegetarian - I always end up starving/irritable in the middle of the night if I don't have some animal protein every day.

If we should all be eating by blood type - can you explain how the human race has managed to survived for thousands of years without that knowledge - given that blood typing was only discovered in the early 1900s? How can blood typing possibly relate to peoples still living in situations where this type of technology is unavailable?

All I know is the biggest killer is stress - and it seems to me that way too many people stress about what they eat - instead of taking a logical approach. You're all going to lead miserable, stressed out lives from worrying about whether you should have eaten that banana or not! Believe me, it's not worth it. Be happy, enjoy food, be thankful that you have enough to eat - just enjoy EVERYTHING in moderation.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Softskin

Lets all just Breathe Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Tyger wrote:

This book has to be some serious nonsense.
Every human being needs just HUMAN food aka fruits,air and sun.Period.

You were in a good detox state and you failed by putting dead stuff aka meat.

I suggest people to throw away the meat from the freezer and the table salt to the trash bin.IF they want a better health.After all it is just about keeping the body clean.Salt is crystal!!!!so the body has some difficult time to detox it properly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
All I know is the biggest killer is stress - and it seems to me that way too many people stress about what they eat - instead of taking a logical approach. You're all going to lead miserable, stressed out lives from worrying about whether you should have eaten that banana or not! Believe me, it's not worth it. Be happy, enjoy food, be thankful that you have enough to eat - just enjoy EVERYTHING in moderation.

BRAVA! Its not rocket surgery folks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Tyger wrote:

If we should all be eating by blood type - can you explain how the human race has managed to survived for thousands of years without that knowledge - given that blood typing was only discovered in the early 1900s? How can blood typing possibly relate to peoples still living in situations where this type of technology is unavailable?

I don't actually follow this diet - in fact I don't follow any particular diet at present - but it did give me a possible explanation, where nothing else has, as to why I can't become vegetarian (I did try and fail when younger) without feeling very, very hungry... As living on air and pineapples came up, I thought I'd just throw this in for anyone who was looking for other possible ways to eat Smile -
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I failed miserably at vegan/vegetarian diet too Tyger. And looked pitiful, pale and puny. I know there are vegan athletes and more power to them if it makes them happy. I havent read the Blood Type book, just throwing it out there too! I need my rare steaks and salmon sushi, but no to dairy, gluten and sugar.

Btw, Bill Clinton has gone vegan after his heart troubles. He looks horrid and has really aged! Dont know if thats d/t the heart troubles/stress/bad food/bad choices all his life/drastic weight loss or the vegan diet, but it doesnt convince me that vegan's the way to go.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:39 am      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
Tyger wrote:

This book has to be some serious nonsense.
Every human being needs just HUMAN food aka fruits,air and sun.Period.

You were in a good detox state and you failed by putting dead stuff aka meat.

I suggest people to throw away the meat from the freezer and the table salt to the trash bin.IF they want a better health.After all it is just about keeping the body clean.Salt is crystal!!!!so the body has some difficult time to detox it properly.

I would think it is no more nonsense than living solely on air or fruit! I believe in moderation and a varied diet, which has to include all the major food groups Very Happy

Incidentally, many children (and indeed adults) in the UK are vitamin D deficient because there isn't enough sunshine - many children have been put on supplements (I have worked in the health service)- where is the extra vit D to come from in your diet?
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:08 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
I failed miserably at vegan/vegetarian diet too Tyger. And looked pitiful, pale and puny. I know there are vegan athletes and more power to them if it makes them happy. I havent read the Blood Type book, just throwing it out there too! I need my rare steaks and salmon sushi, but no to dairy, gluten and sugar.

Btw, Bill Clinton has gone vegan after his heart troubles. He looks horrid and has really aged! Dont know if thats d/t the heart troubles/stress/bad food/bad choices all his life/drastic weight loss or the vegan diet, but it doesnt convince me that vegan's the way to go.

Hi fawnie, I can't work out how vegan athletes do it! Maybe it's their blood type Laughing

Bill Clinton may be healthier now but I agree he certainly looks older. He looks like he could do with a good steak! Hillary, on the other hand, looks great! I believe older people should have a bit more meat on them (me included!) rather than youthfully thin - as the collagen diminishes, one needs that extra layer of fat Very Happy
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Not sure if I want to pack on the pounds just to fill out the bones tho!

Maybe its maintaining a steady state throughout life and not going from too heavy to too thin later on to try to catch up. The flesh hangs. Bill could use a lot of things but maybe some dermarolling would help! Esp the upper eyelids. He's starting to look frail.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I have so many random thoughts on all of this...
Fwiw, I'm with the others who say "it ain't rocket science" ..eat a wide variety of fresh foods and limit processed foods (preferably to zero, but ..)

1) curious what "occasional" sex means in terms of actual frequency. There are so many benefits (oxytocin anyone?) that I'm sure "frequent" sex would be even better than occasional. But fruitarianism, and most (all?) other forms of extreme diets, results in low libido. There are several fruitarians on Internet trying to convince us that low libido is healthier...

2) I think of the Boutenkos as the first family of Raw Food. Even they had to "invent" the green smoothie because their health was plummeting after years of too few greens. They had been eating a mostly fruit diet.

3) I had a stint as a vegetarian after reading The China Study. It just wasn't for me. Denise Minger did a great debunking of that study. http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/

4) when I think of Clinton, I think of the documentary Forks over Knives. Denise Minger also did a great debunking of that here: http://rawfoodsos.com/2011/09/22/forks-over-knives-is-the-science-legit-a-review-and-critique/

Anyway... Thanks for indulging my random thoughts!
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:01 am      Reply with quote
This discussion reminded me of when ABC 20/20 examined Orthorexia (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthorexia_nervosa)--the unhealthy obsession with eating healthy foods and avoiding foods considered to be unhealthy. One of orthorexics they showed was this guy (below), who to me seemed to perfectly represent the phrase "dying to be healthy" because he looked like he was wasting away despite his meticulous effort to eat healthily.

More about this morbid obsession with healthy eating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi1Llch3uqU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Frail, that's the word.
There definitely is something lacking in his diet.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Frail, that's the word.
There definitely is something lacking in his diet.

If you mean the guy I posted, I'd guess nourishment with sufficient bodybuilding food that is readily found in animal protein was one thing lacking in his diet.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:13 am      Reply with quote
No I was commenting on Bill Clinton (and in the mean time your response came). The picture you posted is horrible. How can a healthy young man do this to himself?
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:25 am      Reply with quote
You don't need meat to survive -- I didn't eat meat for decades, getting protein from fish, yogurt, eggs, beans. I have a hard time digesting it and never really cared for it. I have always taken lots of supplements though. I really don't care what anyone else eats. It's not my stomach.

I don't see the point of veganism, which is to save living things from suffering. Chickens would suffer if they couldn't lay eggs (not to mention become extinct); cows would suffer if no one milked them; bees would still make honey if no one ate it. However, there is no excuse for not humanely raising animals, which is the bottom line. 'Factory farming' must stop.
bacchus
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I know some people define meat as mammalian protein, but others (myself included) define it as any animal protein.
So fish is meat (in my version).

No matter, though, as you make a good point. I think pescatarianism (is that a word?) is for the most part a very healthy diet.

Eta: should have used "flesh" rather than "protein" in above. I consider an egg to be animal protein, but I don't call it meat. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |