Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Sunscreen and the eyes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SillyRabbit

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
We all know how important sunscreen is to prevent aging, and we all know how much the eyes can show signs of aging, so my question is: Do you apply sunscreen around your eyes?

If so, do you use your regular sunscreen, or a special sunscreen formulated for the eyes?

I usually find that using regular sunscreen around my eyes causes irritation. So does anyone have recommendations for sunscreen protection for the eyes?

I'm considering using Dermalogica total eye care, has anyone tried it and want to share their experience? I'm also open to hearing about any other eye sunscreen products you guys use.

Thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I use my regular sunscreen around my eyes. If you need one that doesn't run during activities, look for a "Sport" version.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I personally don't like any creams around my eyes because I don't like the puffiness their absorption brings about. In the past, I would apply Vaseline first then sunscreen so that the Vaseline can prevent any absorption.

But I no longer use sunscreen around my eyes. Instead I wear sunglasses or get Transitions lenses on my glasses. I always wear wide-brimmed hats when outdoors and I hardly spend any time in direct sunlight. (Yes, I do take D3 supplements)

I am not fond of the high heat of summer so staying in the shade or cooler indoors is more appealing to me. Plus I hate winter more and would rather not get my body accustomed to the heat as it would only makes my winters more unbearable. Staying cool in summer makes for an easier transition into the colder months, I find.

There is also the option of doing away with sunscreen on the face altogether and getting Dr Serene's Sunvisor as it protects your whole face: http://drserene.com/visor.php
jazzi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen goes right up to the lashes here! I use the same sunscreen as for the rest of face, tried those specific eye-screen (Clarins, Shiseido and lots of those 'sensitive zones' sticks), but in the end they weren't as nice. Those stick things were the worst, they are so dry they abuse the thin skin around eyes too much. At least I felt so. I like a bit gentler sunscreens anyway, ones from Elta, Skinceuticals or La Roche-Posay, no stinging anywhere.
I've read/heard that sunscreens can irritate eyes and shouldn't be used close to eyes. Might be true for certain sunscreens, I know Devita and Skinmedica used to burn like hell on me. Instead of sunscreens sunglasses are recomended by the no-sunscreen-near-eyes sources. I just think that only a well fitting broad visor type would protect best and I'd have to wear sunnies all day long, even indoors. I'm not a rockstar, so for me sunscreen seem a lot easier.
Sunglasses are still great for avoiding squinting in strong light, though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have some powder concealer with spf, but I also have some very good polarized sunglasses.

Smith is good and has nice women's styles.
Oakley is great and easier to find, not as many nice women's models. more sporty.
Nike, known and good.

Maui Jim, stylish but some frames are kind of flimsy-mine broke after a few weeks. All their line is polarized.

Shwood sunglasses- very sty;ish and has a polarized option. Made of wood and kind of expensive. Bought some last year and they are neat and handmade in the US.

I'm not really into cheaper sunglases as I have had problems with my eyes after being on snow or water and wearing cheaper non=polarized sunglasses a few times.
And these were brand name ones from a dept store and not cheap either (like $30+ price range).

I know some people who tell me "I could buy 50 pairs of sunglasses for what you paid" and have even had some well off family member say that.

For me I do not want more vision problems and if you have ever had "snow blindness" or sunburn on your eyes..like eyeballs it is horrible.

Colorscience makes a eye sunscreen powder,but I have not tried it yet.

Also L'oreal has a mineral sunscreen powder concealer spf 18? I think.
beccachan
5% products discount

Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I use my regular sunscreen around my eyes.
If the sunscreen can not be used around eyes then it should not be used on face either.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely use it around my eyes. The eyes, forehead, neck and around the mouth need sunscreen the most, don't they?
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I also put my sunscreen around my eyes. I use the whatever sunscreen around my eyes that I use on my face. I keep switching sunscreens (always on the hunt for the HG), but do have issues sometimes when some run into my eyes. I keep sunglasses in my bag, but don't always remember to wear them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I wear sunglasses when I go out.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Sunglasses are a must! Hats help too!

I wear children's sunscreen and it doesnt bother my eyes. Uriage Bariederm Children's Lait spf 50 is gentle for the skin and doesnt have silicones or parabens or fragrance. Unfortunately Tinosorb isnt USA approved so I have to buy it from someone in EU or from FrenchCosmeticsForLess.com

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:35 am      Reply with quote
I will use eye cream with spf7 in the morning.And I also like to wear sunglasses when I got out.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |