Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Brave grandma !!!!Cayenne put to cut till the bone!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Ok so grandma came here today and told me ''Look what happened to my leg''.Omg i saw a cut so deep i could really see the bone!!! She was so brave that she had taken the dead skin/flesh that was sticking out with a scissor!!!!

Now please people listen because you have to know this stuff.I immediatley took a gauze ,pour on it good amounts of cayenne pepper powder and cover it to this nasty wound. I hope that it will heal properly.Cayenne is the best THING EVER TO CUTS.PERIOD. I suspect that at night i can see the crusty thing indicating that the wound has already sealed and the blood is trying to rebuild the tissue.

Now grandma is cooking peas!!!!Pain has subsided no itching .Hell yeah cayenne is the stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:24 am      Reply with quote
My hubby takes it daily and swears by it. I would never have been brave enough to put it on an open wound. Man, that is tough! Good to know and I may try it on him first, haha.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
P, your post made me think of this article.

http://wellnessmama.com/3516/natural-first-aid-kit/

Many years ago, a vet used superglue to mend one of our parrots detached claw. It worked.

Sometimes I’m in awe of some of the unbelievable things used to help some illnesses and injuries.

I really do hope your grandma doesn’t need medical attention down the road for her injury. *Down to the bone* would have been pretty serious to me.

(Introduction to the article:]
Homemade Natural & Herbal Medicine Chest
Katie - Wellness Mama

Despite our best attempts to live a healthy and toxin free life, there are times when illness or injury strike. In some of these cases (like trauma) conventional medical treatment is certainly warranted and I’m certainly grateful that medical treatment is available if needed.

But what about the times when the illness or injury is not life threatening, but merely uncomfortable or limiting? While our first instinct...may be to get medication to mediate symptoms, there are often natural remedies that don’t interfere with the body’s own immune responses and which can help ease uncomfortable symptoms.

Many of these natural remedies can also be used in the comfort of your own home, rather than having to take yourself or your ill or injured child to a doctor and expose them (and others) to more illness.

The following is a list of what is in my “First Aid Kit” and is a combination of remedies I’ve tested myself, ones suggested by a naturopathic doctor, and ones that I hope to never need! Please note that I am not a doctor and don’t play one on the internet, so this list is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a replacement when medical attention is needed!

(From her list - There, also, are other interesting tips on Natural First Aid and Illness in the Comments Section under this article)

Cayenne Powder- Though this is a good addition to many foods, it is even better to have in a medicine cabinet. … Topically, cayenne powder helps stop bleeding rapidly…..
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Honey can be put on a wound as a natural antibacterial. I think some hospitals use it now.
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've, also, heard that some ppl use honey to put on burns.

And then there’s this book too for those who would be inspired to work with herbs for healing.

http://www.amazon.com/Rosemary-Gladstars-Medicinal-Herbs-Beginners/dp/1612120059/ref=dp_return_1?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

From the Back Cover of the book
Home-Grown Medicine

Effective, safe, and inexpensive, medicinal herbs are simple to grow, and they can be used to naturally fortify your body against common upsets and ailments. Rosemary Gladstar, the godmother of modern herbalism, offers a fresh introduction to growing and using 33 of her favorite herbs, complete with tips on introducing an herb patch to your backyard garden and easy-to-follow recipes for brewing restorative teas, blending soothing salves, and making tinctures, oils, syrups, and pills.
124 of Rosemary Gladstar's favorite medicinal recipes include:

Creaky Bones Cayenne Rub, page 63
Warming Cinnamon Bath Salts, page 68
Ginger Lemonaide, page 80
Brain Tonic Tincture, page 85
Good Gargle for a Bad Throat, page 88
Rosemary's Famous Face Cream, page 116
Nutritive Heart Tonic Tincture, page 136
Lemon Balm Bath, page 160
Peppermint Tooth Powder, page 187
kerri78237

Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Annie. We use it too. Great for the lungs. Another thing is food grade only H2o2 in water. Works awesome to clear up lung infections. In fact we don't get them anymore and I think it is directly associated with the regular H202 doses. Works excellent with a cool air humidifier to breathe it directly into the lungs.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Interesting! I have not heard of that one but I had heard of using honey.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
kerri78237 wrote:
Annie. We use it too. Great for the lungs. Another thing is food grade only H2o2 in water. Works awesome to clear up lung infections. In fact we don't get them anymore and I think it is directly associated with the regular H202 doses. Works excellent with a cool air humidifier to breathe it directly into the lungs.

i wouldnt put this stuff inside.Instead for lungs you can use lobelia and mulien.

And for experience i know for sure that sniffing with essential oil of oregano or drinking it in a bottle of water(1-2 drop) clears the lungs like nothing else so far.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |