Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Pico Toner at the Emmys 2013
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Exciting news and wanted to share with fellow pico toner owners and EDSers.

The Pico toner has been selected as part of the celebrity gift event at the Emmys next weekend at the Nokia theater in L.A. Shock .. Isn't that outstanding!
.... AND I have been invited to attend as a knowledgable customer. WooHoo Dancing I am not selling the product, nor am I considered an employee. My role is to demo the Pico toner to the celebrities that attend and provide tips and advice for use. I will get to meet Patricia and Tony and some of their staff and see the professional machine in action. The biggest goal is to have a positive, upbeat environment, to share knowledge, have fun with some great products and really get into it.

I don't have all the particulars but when I was asked I didn't hesitate to say YES.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats sistersweets, I hope u have fun there!
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
So your role is to promote the Pico. I am sure you will be very good at it! That is exceptionally nice of you to offer your time for free to promote a product for the Pico company.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sister, that sounds like a lot of fun!

BTW, if you see David Boreanaz

https://www.google.com/search?q=david+boreanaz&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=iAAxUtPlFe_C4AP0nYDgBw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1213&bih=756&dpr=1

please, by all means, hurl yourself at him and tell him it was from me! Very Happy Laughing
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

The Pico toner has been selected as part of the celebrity gift event at the Emmys next weekend at the Nokia theater in L.A. Shock .. Isn't that outstanding!
.... AND I have been invited to attend as a knowledgable customer. WooHoo Dancing I am not selling the product, nor am I considered an employee. My role is to demo the Pico toner to the celebrities that attend and provide tips and advice for use. I will get to meet Patricia and Tony and some of their staff and see the professional machine in action. The biggest goal is to have a positive, upbeat environment, to share knowledge, have fun with some great products and really get into it.

I don't have all the particulars but when I was asked I didn't hesitate to say YES.

Ooooh Sis ~ that sounds wonderful!! I'm sure you'll work hard, but have fun at the same time. I used to work in event plannning for the publishing company I worked for before I got married. We used to call it the "Vanna White Show"... lol. Anyway, hope you have fun cavorting with all the celebs!!! Hey, and ya might even get lucky and meet the celebrity hunk that Yubs posted... Haha!!! Wink Aprile
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Also, after thinking about it, wanted to say that, given the atmosphere around here lately surrounding Pico and ASG, etc., it took guts for you to come out with this disclosure. You never know how people are going to react. So thanks!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds fun sis. Lucky you! Enjoy the moment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

This is very cool. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Also, after thinking about it, wanted to say that, given the atmosphere around here lately surrounding Pico and ASG, etc., it took guts for you to come out with this disclosure. You never know how people are going to react. So thanks!

Hey I had to do full disclosure, right!!! Laughing
Thanks. It will be an experience, I'm sure. I feel very fortunate.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Hopefully Toby is going too to keep you company!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
That's amazing! Please let us know more details when you get them.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
That's amazing! Please let us know more details when you get them.

I'd be glad to give you details packratmack!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Yubs wrote:

Hey I had to do full disclosure, right!!! Laughing
Thanks. It will be an experience, I'm sure. I feel very fortunate.

FYI...I applaud you for sharing this, because it is not likely any of us would be there to know anyway, lol.

Be prepared for some craziness! (and that is just with the traffic, lol)

And we will need pics of you and the celebs of course!!!! Plus any scoop on their favorite skin lines would be appreciated. (as you are discussing skin of course!) But only if they look great, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Enjoy rubbing elbows and have fun! What a great experience and opportunity and I am so excited for you! Thanks for disclosing as well.
I may have to get around to trying this gadget soon!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:28 am      Reply with quote
WOW this sounds like really good fun! Dont work too hard and enjoy yourself Cool I hope you come back with some great stories.

SOOO cool am quite jealous Laughing Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Here is the marketing company that puts together the gift bags for this years Emmy Awards. You can see the amount Pico will have invested to get their product in the bag with 91 other 'gifts' in hopes of profiting from far more free publicity.

http://www.gbkproductions.com/wp-content/files_mf/emmys_2013sponsordeck.pdf

It will be interesting to see if Toby will be there with Sistersweets to promote the Pico.

I wonder why Pico didn't bring one of the customers from around where they live. Surely with all their clients they have some knowledgeable customers? I find it a little bit strange that they suddenly make this arrangement with someone they have only dealt with a little over the Internet. Or has there been more to the relationship that we don't know about?
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Congrats, hope you have lots of fun, perhaps be able to pick up some freebie items yourself from the many great giveaways Cool
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:42 am      Reply with quote
This is exciting Sister Sweets! Congratulations!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:05 am      Reply with quote
And again, forum members who have critical questions are accused of being someone else and having a secret agenda of some sort.
Very childish I say.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
And again, forum members who have critical questions are accused of being someone else and having a secret agenda of some sort.
Very childish I say.
Actually, I think straight-up questions are less childish that back-handed insinuations. But maybe that's just me.

Apparently the mods agree with you because my post got deleted.

Can't say moderation is biased towards any one mindset now, though, can you?

That's all okay with me. Let's move on shall, we?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Idealist wrote:
Here is the marketing company that puts together the gift bags for this years Emmy Awards. You can see the amount Pico will have invested to get their product in the bag with 91 other 'gifts' in hopes of profiting from far more free publicity.

http://www.gbkproductions.com/wp-content/files_mf/emmys_2013sponsordeck.pdf

It will be interesting to see if Toby will be there with Sistersweets to promote the Pico.

I wonder why Pico didn't bring one of the customers from around where they live. Surely with all their clients they have some knowledgeable customers? I find it a little bit strange that they suddenly make this arrangement with someone they have only dealt with a little over the Internet. Or has there been more to the relationship that we don't know about?

Wow...so if Sis counts as a company rep and Neurotris has two official reps (or more), it will cost Neurotris $25,000 - $40,000 (PLUS any free product, lodging, transportation, food, etc.) just to be there.

That is some pricey marketing. I had no idea they CHARGED people to give stuff away in person, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Not that it's anybody's business really, but yes, Toby *will* be there with me. But not for any of the awful reasons people around here may think. Toby's a loyal friend and as many of you know we have been friends for years. Like me, she is a good customer to Pico and has the professional unit and is quite knowledgable. Sometimes loyalty confers surprise perks but perks should never be the point of loyalty. It definitely wasn't in this case, but some of you will think what you will so have fun with that disclosure.

NeurotriS has local people going as well and a few could not make it - that is when I got asked to go.

The rest of you, thanks so kindly for your good wishes. If anyone is interested I will share after I get back. I'm really excited!

FWIW: The only 'celebs' I recognize are on the Food Network and Downton Abbey Laughing I don't watch much television so I won't know celebrities if I fall over them (and I wouldn't mind falling over the one Yubs posted Razz )

The web site Idealist has posted is wrong and has nothing to do with Pico.

Here are the facts:

With regards to the company that Idealist posted: That company is an outside venture - NOT associated with the actual Emmys gift bags. If you call you will find out that this particular company is NOT at the Nokia theater and was NOT selected by the Emmys - nor are any of the vendors associated. Their "gift bags" are not the real thing. Pico is NOT associated with this company.
Furthermore, Pico is not paying those exhorbitant fees.

PIco was SELECTED by the Emmy's and is at the Nokia theater for the REAL gift event.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
bethany wrote:

Not that it's anybody's business really, but yes, Toby *will* be there with me. But not for any of the awful reasons people around here may think. Toby's a loyal friend and as many of you know we have been friends for years. Like me, she is a good customer to Pico and has the professional unit and is quite knowledgable. Sometimes loyalty confers surprise perks but perks should never be the point of loyalty. It definitely wasn't in this case, but some of you will think what you will so have fun with that disclosure.

I think it makes complete sense that Toby is there...she has been a huge advocate of microcurrent in general for some time, and owns both the Pico and the pro machine. It would frankly be weird to me if she was NOT there and they were taking clients with them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

..... part of the celebrity gift event at the Emmys next weekend...

Sister Sweet, who could possibly keep such grand-experience news to themselves or want to keep it on the hush-hush.

Thanks for sharing. It was a monumental perk given to you. I guess that’s how MLM’s work. (Relationship marketing strategy and all that.) It’s great fodder, on top of that, for plenty of *stories* to tell and pics to share. A terrific culmination of business and pleasure…Such a sweet deal. (Maybe next year ask for a Caddy CTS-V Coupe. Laughing )

… Can’t wait to read & see more about the event from you later…the pleasure part only, please. Very Happy

Don’t have to say - Enjoy! – ‘cause I know you will. (Who wouldn’t? Right?)
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kath91. My biggest concern now is finding a gown! It's going to be great to finally hang with Toby after all these years and to meet the Pico folks. Doesn't seem real.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |