Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Laser hair removal blister and burns :(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Hey everybody.

I went for a laser hair removal treatment yesterday. Long story short, I got burned. I have two dark puffy areas (blisters I guess but kind of a flat puffy if that makes sense) and a few dark specks which look like small burns.

SO bummed about this, as the skin on my chin looked quite perfect and healthy before all this.

Please help! I dont want scarring, and I want all this to go away ASAP. If anyone has experience with this or suggestions, I am all ears and would be grateful.

For now I am going to bump up my nutrition and stay out of the sun.
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a natural remedy that will help you. Go to a health food store and get some Manuka honey that has an Active Manuka Factor of +16 or as high a number as you can find, but at least +12. It has to have the Active Factor.
I used this when I was in a car wreck (for burns from the airbag) and it works.
When you get it home, take a clean spoon, put a little bit on the back of the spoon and spread it on the burned area. Since it's on your face, you'll need to 1) only use as much as is needed to cover the burned areas, and 2) lie down and leave it on , like a mask, for as long as you can but at least 20 minutes. The sooner you get it on there, the better.
Be careful not to "double dip" the spoon from your face back into the jar!

Keep giving yourself treatments with it as often as you can, until it takes the redness out and the blisters go down. It only takes a day or so to see results.
It's not cheap but it does work. You can also use it later on for masks. A bit lasts for a long time. I keep my jar in the kitchen to use for burns. HTH.
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:47 am      Reply with quote
I think Alexya gie a good advise.At the same time,take care of your foods.Do not eat any spicy food.
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! Did read about the manuka honey being healing for burns. Didnt have time to get any though.

Was surprised not to see many other responses; I guess burns from lasers aren't that common? Guess I'm just "lucky." Laughing

The assistant said to keep it moist with Aloe and Vitamin E applied over it. I ended up using Panthenol/Hyaluronic Acid and then Squalane/ALA over it, both of which I had in the house. The scabs mostly flaked off and I now have light pink skin in those areas. Keeping it out of the sun and moisturized. Do not want scarring at all. I had perfect skin there before.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Can I ask what kind of laser this was and what your coloring is? I've never heard of this happening with hair removal lasers. Other lasers, yes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I have type IV skin (Fitzgerald scale) and they were using a LightSheer Duet (diode).

I probably wont go back for further treatment on the face as I also had hyperpigmentation around the hair follicles.

In the past year I was treated with the GentleYAG and that one worked much better.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Burns from LHR are usually caused by the person not setting the laser properly. I'm sorry that happened to you.

The honey suggestion is a great idea. Something like polysporin or even vaseline can also be used.
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! That's what the office told me (neosporin). it doesnt seem infected at all though. It seems to be healing up, looks like perhaps what it looks like when you skin your knee and it starts healing (a discolored scar type thing where the biggest burn/blister is).
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |