Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Finlandia Pharmacy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:29 am      Reply with quote
Have you ever heard of Finlandia Pharmacy? It's primarily an online pharmacy--but it also has a physical location in Canada.

If you are familiar with this company, what has your experience been like with them? Feel free to PM me.

Here's the website: http://www.finlandiapharmacyonline.com/
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:38 am      Reply with quote
I ordered from them in 2009 IIRC.
Shortly afterward I got a call from my Visa card company that someone had charged $400 to my account from a country east of Europe and they were checking on the activity. Red flag.

Also, if you look at the very bottom of their homepage you will see

Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Are you wondering if they are legit? According to the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia, they are a licensed community pharmacy: https://eservices.bcpharmacists.org/psearch/PharmacyReport.plx?id=1 Also on the same website, it seems in 2007, one of Finlandia's pharmacists received the Award of Excellence in Community Pharmacy Practice http://library.bcpharmacists.org/H-Resources/H-3_ReadLinks/ReadLinks-JanFeb2008.pdf

In the WE Vancouver's Best of the City 2013, Finlandia is listed under both "Specialty Health Store" and "Naturopathic Retailer/Clinic".

Regarding the pharmacychecker.com seal, it's possible they simply stopped paying the monthly fee and then neglected to take the seal/logo off their website:

Quote:
Upon application, there is a $367 non-refundable processing fee per applicant/pharmacy. If approved, there is a $110 monthly fee per pharmacy (the first two months are free). You can cancel at any time but will not be able to continue to use the seal nor advertise in the PharmacyChecker Listing Programs.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently online pharmacies are a big target for hackers, who infect a legit website with malicious code and gain access to credit card infos, etc:

"Hackers work the scam by sneaking their own code into a legitimate website. That way the site shows up on a Web search for a prescription drug. If someone clicks on the search listing, it forwards them to an online pharmacy, not to the legitimate site. The owners of the hacked site usually have no inkling their URL has been hijacked."

and:

"The Food and Drug Administration also counsels extreme caution when shopping for medication online because of all the bogus and potentially dangerous products floating around. It recommends using only online pharmacies that are accredited by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2011/08/12/139580920/hackers-hijack-websites-in-online-pharmacy-scam

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, how I wish that more companies accepted PayPal. That would provide some peace of mind.
Hacking and cyber crime is big business nowadays. Hence, I'm averse to disclosing my information.

On another note, I was looking to get some vitamins from there--not prescription medicine.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |