Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Can I get some input on my skincare routine?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ducktorwho
5% products discount

Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm pretty new to this forum and to the world of skincare. I mean, I've obviously always washed my face, but I don't know anything about collagen, ceramides, acids, etc.

This is my skincare routine:
Morning:
CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
Clinique Clarifying Lotion I (toner)
PCA EyeXcellence (recommended by esthetician)
Body Shop Nutriganics Smoothing Day Cream or CeraVe PM Lotion

Night:
CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
After 20 mins - Retin-A Micro 0.04%
PCA EyeXcellence
CeraVe PM Lotion

I started using the CeraVe cleanser last Tuesday (after reading reviews on here) and the moisturizer on Thursday. My skin was looking good until Saturday when it started peeling even worse than before (I've been having peeling from the Retin-A). My face was stinging after I washed it last night until I put the moisturizer on. I'm having a lot of peeling again today.

Could I be using too much of the CeraVe? Should I just stick with either the cleanser or the moisturizer, not both? Any suggestions?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Are you just starting with the Retin A. If so maybe you should try using it every other night and working up to every night.

I think your routine sounds good but you may want to add some antioxidants into the mix. Vitamin C and or E. A good antioxidant serum or oil in the morning before you moisturize and after you tone.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi there. You need some daily spf in there!
ducktorwho
5% products discount

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to both of you! I've been on Retin-A for 7 weeks and it had seemed like the peeling was getting better, but now it's worse than ever. I wondered if the CeraVe was the cause. I'm thinking about just using the CeraVe moisturizer and see if things get better.

I'll make sure to add in sunscreen. I hate the way it feels, but maybe I'll try CeraVe's daily moisturizer with SPF.

Jom (or anyone else), do you have any recommendations for a good, relatively inexpensive antioxidant serum?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:33 am      Reply with quote
ducktorwho wrote:
Thanks to both of you! I've been on Retin-A for 7 weeks and it had seemed like the peeling was getting better, but now it's worse than ever. I wondered if the CeraVe was the cause. I'm thinking about just using the CeraVe moisturizer and see if things get better.

I'll make sure to add in sunscreen. I hate the way it feels, but maybe I'll try CeraVe's daily moisturizer with SPF.

Jom (or anyone else), do you have any recommendations for a good, relatively inexpensive antioxidant serum?

I haven't tried this Cosmetic Skin Solutions serum yet but I've heard good things about it. It is an inexpensive version of Skinceuticals CE Ferulic

http://www.cosmeticskinsolutions.com/Product-List/VITAMIN-C-E-SERUM-ADVANCED-FORMULA.html
ducktorwho
5% products discount

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Thank you jom! That has great reviews. I'll order it and give it a try.
ShiningStar77
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried that serum and I quite like it. Try and order the sampler kit (7 x 4ml products) so you can see which of their serums you like.

Btw you might want to try the Clinique Clarifying lotion 1 as it has no alcohol in it.
ducktorwho
5% products discount

Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
ShiningStar77 wrote:
I have tried that serum and I quite like it. Try and order the sampler kit (7 x 4ml products) so you can see which of their serums you like.
Thanks for that tip! I'll order it as well! I'm excited to try them out!

The Clinique toner I'm using is that one.
ShiningStar77
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
ducktorwho wrote:
ShiningStar77 wrote:
Thanks for that tip! I'll order it as well! I'm excited to try them out!

The Clinique toner I'm using is that one.

Sorry I meant the Mild - I had 1 on the brain after reading your post Smile

Btw I am at the same stage as you. Just started to take this stuff seriously at 37. Was horrified at all the things I have been doing wrong - eek. My routine is not too dissimilar to yours except I will not be using Retin-A. It scares me too much....
ducktorwho
5% products discount

Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have a giant bottle of the 1, so I'd like to use it before buying anything else. Maybe I'll just eliminate it for a while to see if it's causing problems. Is there a real need for toners? I don't even know their purpose.

I'm 31. The only reason I started doing anything about my skin is that I've been having pretty bad acne on my chin (hormones probably) for the past year or so. It got so bad that there was only about one day a month where I didn't have any acne. The rest of the time it was either starting or healing. It started causing scars and I just couldn't handle it anymore, so I decided to try Retin-A. It has helped a lot. I still have acne (I have matching zits on either side of my chin right now), but they've been healing a lot more quickly and I have more days without any zits or sometimes just one. I'll be glad when the acne stops. Hopefully it does someday.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |