Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Could clarisonic replace AHA
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have added retinol to my night routine, therefore, I find it is hard to keep using the AHA 8% BHA 2% lotion 3 times a week.

My skin need a rest from retinol two times a week and I cannot apply my AHA-BHA lotion on these two night off from my retinol, other ways my skin is going to be irritated.

So for the exfoliation I was thinking of using the clarasonic. Is this à good idea ?

Here is my routine.

Morning : cleanser, Vit C, moisturize, sunscreen.
Night : cleanser, moisturizing retinol serum 5 x week and regular moisturizer 2 times, AHA 10% mask on one of the night I use regular moistutizer.

Before, I use retinol (7 days ago) It was 3 nights AHA-BHA lotion, regular moistutizer 4 times and one night of the 4 I use AHA 10% mask.

Do you think that using clarasonic could kind of replace the exfoliation benefits I got from the AHA-BHA lotion ?

By the way I have included retinol because I fell my skin at 43 would benefit more from retinol than AHA-BHA lotion.

Other question does BHA-AHA have other benefices on the skin than stimulate régénération by exfoliation ? That means is physical exfoliation as good as chimical ?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
You have an awful lot of exfoliating agents in your regime, but I don't see anything to replenish/repair your skin barrier.

Just a suggestion here, but I've had stellar results by just alternating acids (AHA + Vitamin C) 3 times per week for 4 to 6 weeks, and then taking a break for a couple of weeks. I also use a product rich in fatty acids + ceramides most nights, which really helps to keep my skin barrier moist, supple and healthy.

I love my Clarisonic, but only use it every other day at most. It definitely exfoliates the dead surface cells off. If you apply an AHA at night -which breaks up the sebum holding those dead surface cells together- you will find they're easily removed in the morning, with the Clarisonic.

Hope that helps a little in your quest.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Kassy you are right. It seems that all I do is exfoliate Smile

So, if I get you right, you use C vit for 4 to 6 weeks and then AHA for 4 to 6 weeks.

I might try that along with Clarisonic or even cut the AHA since the vit C serum mâles my skin glow and soft.

Would you discarde the AHA 10% mask one a week or maybe make it once every two weeks ?

I like the moisturizer I use, however, I wish for some ceramide to be added to my routine also. Maybe, i could alternate moisturizer too.

Moisturizer I use is Alyria revitalizing cream: because I like Matrixyl

Aqua, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Polysorbate-20, Palmitoyl-Pentapeptide 3, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Polyacrylamide C13-14, Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Glucose, Carrageenan, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Caprylyl Methicone, Dimethylconol Behenate, Isopentyldiol, Phenoxyethanol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Titanium Dioxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Thank you for your input,
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
I alternate vit C/AHA a few times a week for 4 to 6 weeks (ish)... Then I take a break from acids all together for a couple of weeks.

I just try to listen to my skin and act accordingly. I don't stick to any one thing religiously. Changing things up works to keep my skin responsive & happy.

I'm not the one to ask about the "moisturizer", but if you're looking for something to switch off with, I'd encourage you to check out "CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion 12oz."

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - ON a thread somewhere you mentioned a very simple combo of CeraVe plus two other products (oils?) and something else for a nice skincare product. Do you know what I mean? I could search your posts and find it but if you know.. it looks very interesting. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I alternate vit C/AHA a few times a week for 4 to 6 weeks (ish)... Then I take a break from acids all together for a couple of weeks.

I just try to listen to my skin and act accordingly. I don't stick to any one thing religiously. Changing things up works to keep my skin responsive & happy.

I'm not the one to ask about the "moisturizer", but if you're looking for something to switch off with, I'd encourage you to check out "CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion 12oz."

Does a vitamin C serum exfoliate the skin?
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

CeraVe is one of the moisturizers I have tought about.

I also decided to get the Clarisonic, I have just ordered it on EDS since there is a special right now. Therefore, I will cut of for sure on the exfoliating products.

I will do some tries to see what my skin likes.

To VeronicaM, yes C vit can be considered as an exfoliating product. However, I don't know to which exten ??

For me it as faded a light brown spot on my for head that was bugging me. I almost does not see it any more. Then again could be my sight getting weaker lol...
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

I got the CeraVe it does fell nice, skin fells soft not greasy. Today I had my electrolysis treatmemt for my eyebrow and it realy burns after for a few hours. So this time I tried cerave on it and it calmed down the burning feeling pretty quickly.

I'm glad I discover this product.

P.s. I got my Clarisonic today. Therefore I will try your routine for the AHA and vit C.

Thanks for the great advices.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
chantrelle99 wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

I got the CeraVe it does fell nice, skin fells soft not greasy. Today I had my electrolysis treatmemt for my eyebrow and it realy burns after for a few hours. So this time I tried cerave on it and it calmed down the burning feeling pretty quickly.

I'm glad I discover this product.

P.s. I got my Clarisonic today. Therefore I will try your routine for the AHA and vit C.

Thanks for the great advices.

Happy you like the CeraVe. It's really a nice basic product to have on hand.

Good luck with the C/AHA regime... Just listen to your skin. It will tell you what it loves (or not.) Wink

SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I use SkinBiology LacSal every night and only use Clarisonic two or three times per week. Otherwise my face gets red and irritated. I spent several hundred dollars a year ago getting IPL and I don't want to undo that result.
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
I use SkinBiology LacSal every night and only use Clarisonic two or three times per week. Otherwise my face gets red and irritated. I spent several hundred dollars a year ago getting IPL and I don't want to undo that result.

I understand that you are carefull. I realy don't have a sensitive skin and especialy when it comes to mecanical exfoliation. Chimical exfoliation is an other story....

I plan on using the Clarisonic once a day with the soft brush. If it is too much I will cut down.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |