Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help.... got a big pimple that became a hard cyst under skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone help me to resolve my big pimple. It had inflamed for 2 weeks, no pus showing up just red and raised bump. I tried to put tea tree oil and other acne cream (prescribed by dr.) and it doesn't work. I have also tried to exfoliate the skin--> no use. I have also try to put on aloe vera (real plant juice) .....

Now almost 3 weeks. still the same. the redness became a little more dark red and still raised and not must decrease in size. what should i do.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I would see a derm or medical esthetician about it. Especially since it's been weeks and the pimple seems reluctant to leave on it's own anytime soon. They would either offer extraction or inject tiny bit of cortisone. Both methods would resolve the issue quickly.
If you really want to stick to topical stuff then high strength (>5%) benzoyl peroxide only on the pimple *might* do something to help.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Get a gel cap ibuprofen, open it and put the gel on it. You can also try topical cortisone. If I get a pimple on a day I'm going out that night I always use the ibuprofen gel and sometimes also take it by mouth throughout the day to reduce inflammation. Obviously not good to swallow tons of ibuprofen for a breakout but I seldom break out and it does work in an emergency. If you just apply it topically you're not getting much if any systemic ibuprofen so that's totally safe. You could also get cortisone injected by a derm which would clear it up fast.
http://lifehacker.com/5975466/ibuprofen-liquid-gel-capsules-can-help-prevent-acne-breakouts
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:31 am      Reply with quote
I was just told by the derm I saw that it takes up to 6 weeks to see the effects of cortisone injections?

For me I found they did not work overnight and it took at least a week to see some result.

I've had several blemishes injected and saw some result,but not a huge result.
I still have several of the blemishes and found they are just quite stubborn.

either I am quite resistant or the derm is not using enough??

Sorry, did not mean to steal your post.

I found the Tanda blue light did help, along w mario badescu buffering lotion and sulfur mask.

I had stopped using the buffering lotion and mask and no tanda for 3 weeks to see if my skin would get better...and it did not do much.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:32 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if there are different drugs to use to inject cystic acne lesions? I see 90% improvement in 24 hours with Kenelog.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Well, for me each time I've had this done it was with Kenelog.

I think maybe some DR are being cheap w the product or just do not inject properly.

I know the derm who I did a couple injections for some blemishes 2 or so years ago did a really bad job and it did nothing and made my skin worse.
-it was also a Dr. who worked in a clinic at a hospital and after he did the injections and I left i immediately realized it was done wrong- the dr had forgot to clean w alcohol or whatever spots he did on my face.
-I did not think of that at the time or would have mentioned it before.
And I did not have a follow up apt as the wait list to see this dr for urgent things is almost 2 years.

-----------------
The derm who did my blemishes 6 weeks ago I think he is just not using enough product.
I was told that if you use too much at once you can get big dents where your blemishes were and so it is better to not use too much at once?

My problem now is that I still have a couple blemishes in the same spots and will still get scarring and a dent there as I always bruise easily.

Well, I seem to be having some luck with the Tanda blue light, but only if I use it several times per day on the same spots.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:47 am      Reply with quote
it is true. too much product = dents in the blemish

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:06 am      Reply with quote
But I have also had a couple bad dents because a derm I saw did nothing and was insistent my skin would be fine- instead as I figured I had a pretty big dent that took me a couple years to really minimize and not make obvious- now it looks like a small dent near my nose.

Well, I am trying a new cream made with silver particles that are supposed to kill bacteria but not be absorbed by the body...let's see how that works.

I saw sent a sample to review,will make a separate post about it later...
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Ok back to report about the cream with silver I tried!

Very impressed- I had the same blemish injected with cortisone 2 or 3 times?? already with minimal difference.

But after 1 day of using Zyderma HS cream my skin was less red and much less painful.

Now after 2 days I would say I have a 30% reduction in the size of the blemish and I'm sure that in a couple more days there will be more improvement.

Also my skin was not healing in that spot and now my skin is actually healing.
My skin had a very bad tear/crack right at the jawline that was around 1" in length and nothing was helping it get better and it was extremely painful.

Now my skin is starting to look more normal again.
I still have a lot of scarring where my skin was inflamed,but very pleased.

I am not being paid to write this at all, I was just sent a sample bottle to try in return for my comments and I do plan on purchasing this product.

I also had dermatitis? on one elbow and tried pretty much everything and my skin was still rough and itchy and now my skin is much less red and does not look as flaky.

Also just realized what was making my elbow red..I was sitting in a chair a bunch of times at a medical place and they had used cleaning chemicals on the arms of the chair and they do not rinse them off.
There was paper only covering one of the armrests on the chair I had, so that is why my other elbow is fine....

The cream I tried is called Zyderma HS and if you go to their site you can buy a sample bottle of 30ml for $15 inc shipping.
Normally a 30ml bottle is $25 plus shipping and tax.

Also, it is good to know that the silver molecules in this cream/lotion are too big to penetrate skin and just kill bacteria on the skin.
other products with silver, do not do this.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |