Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
How can I achieve firmer eyes. without surgery?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Copper peptide and LED combo?
Lower eye lid lift excersise?
Gycolic acid %50 peels?

5% products discount

Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Although there are creams that say they are the answer to skin firming, the safest and best bet for you to achieve firm skin is through diet and exercises. Also try anti aging serums which will reduce your wrinkles and bring back the young look in you.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:26 am      Reply with quote
jamesrobert wrote:
Although there are creams that say they are the answer to skin firming, the safest and best bet for you to achieve firm skin is through diet and exercises. Also try anti aging serums which will reduce your wrinkles and bring back the young look in you.

jamesrobert, which of those anti-aging serums have you personally tried and liked?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:31 am      Reply with quote
tasha92337 wrote:
Copper peptide and LED combo?
Lower eye lid lift excersise?
Gycolic acid %50 peels?

Glycolic acid peels do not have to be at such a high percentage in order to work. For the eye area a 10% peel (with a pH not below 3.5) will suffice.

Other ingredients to look for: Vitamin A derivatives, NAG (in a 8% concentration), peptides, PHAs, etc.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:29 am      Reply with quote
For me exercise is what worked but not just lower eye exercises or even eye exercises exclusively, but rather doing a comprehensive program that addressed all face muscles. With face muscles being attached to each other and to skin, each muscle's tone affects its relation to those attached to it and therefore the outward appearance of skin.

I know this not just from logic but from experience. When my eyes were wrinkly and puffy with no hint of firmness, I initially tried to do more of the eye exercises. That did me no good. It was only when I followed the advice of the program founder and worked the whole face without trying to spot train that my eyes finally firmed up.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I would listen to Nonie. She's got "eyes to die for" that I've been envious of since I purchased my very first facial exercise program. If my eyes looked like Nonie's I'd be one happy camper. Smile

P.S. I've recently been doing the same exercise program as Nonie has been doing and I'm seeing some good improvements in my eyes already.

5% products discount

Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
My eyes have undertaken a sunken appearance over the course of three years, I was having a look online for things that may help and Pearl fat transfer was one that was put in the eyelids to fix hollowness. The result was absolutely beautiful. However, according to Wiki the eyelids actually don't have a subcutaneous fat layer

So if eyelids develop a crepey texture, darker pigment and have just literally caved in, what would be the cause from?

Collagen &elastin
Hyaluronic acid /dehydration
Or skin cells not shedding

I've heard DMAE firms up the skin considerably but not sure if anyone has used it on eyes. I think Carolyn advocates its use with her excersises.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
applesz wrote:
My eyes have undertaken a sunken appearance over the course of three years, I was having a look online for things that may help and Pearl fat transfer was one that was put in the eyelids to fix hollowness. The result was absolutely beautiful. However, according to Wiki the eyelids actually don't have a subcutaneous fat layer

So if eyelids develop a crepey texture, darker pigment and have just literally caved in, what would be the cause from?

Collagen &elastin
Hyaluronic acid /dehydration
Or skin cells not shedding

I've heard DMAE firms up the skin considerably but not sure if anyone has used it on eyes. I think Carolyn advocates its use with her excersises.

I think tear troughs becoming more noticeable is due to one or more of these: fat loss, muscle sag, collagen loss and bone loss. And contrary to what Wiki says, I do believe there is some fat under the skin around the eyes:

Source:www.drballe.com

You can see that fat does indeed exist under the eyes in the graphic images of an actual midface lift surgery at this link

I didn't know Carolyn advocates using DMAE with her exercises. I am in my 7th year of doing her program and she has never suggested DMAE to me. When I was trying to fix my eyes, her 28 exercises were all she told me to do--and really I too wanted to be sure that any results or lack thereof would be from her program so I would not have been interested in trying anything topical had she suggested it. Now I do know she believes in and uses DMAE in her skincare products but I do not believe one must use them to see results with her program--I haven't had to. Vaseline, which I have used since I was 20, is the only thing I use under my eyes when exercising or not.
applesz
5% products discount

Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:34 am      Reply with quote
From the picture I can see fat around the eyes but none on the eyelids themselves, this is what I originally said I saw on Wiki lol!

The picture is extremely helpful, thanks chic!
Love it.
I didn't even realise bone loss could be an issue
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
applesz wrote:
From the picture I can see fat around the eyes but none on the eyelids themselves, this is what I originally said I saw on Wiki lol!

The picture is extremely helpful, thanks chic!
Love it.
I didn't even realise bone loss could be an issue

But Wiki is wrong. Eyelids do have fat in them as you can hear and see in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSxzAF2inC8

This vid shows removal of fat from the lower eyelid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zllt9DaIGjo

You can read more about the fat pads in eyelids in this article on eyelid anatomy: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/834932-overview#aw2aab6b9

Image<--This image is from an article on the same topic found on this page.
applesz
5% products discount

Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh silly me, when "I" say eyelid, I'm reffering to the one that the eyelashes come out of, the specific area that covers your eyes as you sleep. I saw the video previously, I know what you mean.. Fat around the eye.. But what is that pink thing on the eyelid itself? Collagen/muscle?
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Many oculoplastic surgeons no longer remove fat from eye bags but reposition it instead.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Many oculoplastic surgeons no longer remove fat from eye bags but reposition it instead.

Yes, in the past, this often led to disastrous results!

For good reason, you want to add volume under your eyes, not remove it FFS.

BFG

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Not sure if you saw Deb Crowley's post before, but that woman's eyes are to die for - I wish mine were like that and she's only a few years older than me and I swear if we were in public they'd think she was my daughter the way she looks:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=49777

Upper Eyelids / Lower Eyelids

With the pads of your thumb and index finger, lift the upper lid skin in a pinching manner. Roll the skin between your fingers in a side-to-side motion. Work across the entire lid, from corner to corner. Do the same with the lower lids.

You can work the entire eye area...from the crow’s feet area up to the brow bone.

This will feel a little uncomfortable at first but in a short time will start to feel great!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Seems like the opposite of what beauty experts normally tell you, namely not to stretch the skin.

If you want to know if this technique REALLY works, do it only on one eye for six months. Should be long enough to see if there is any difference.

That's my advice for using any products. Only do one side of the face or body and after six months see if there is any difference.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |