Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Which Part of Your Face Is the Most Sensitive/Reactive?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Other than the eye area, which part of your face is the most sensitive and/or reactive?

For me, it's the chin & nasiolabial area. If I wash my wash/scrub too vigorously, that area is usually the most likely to hurt. That area is also the most prone to hyperpigmentation. (For some strange reason, unlike most people, my eye area is not sensitive at all to most products, and generally gives me no problems whatsoever.)
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
For me, it's the area below my bottom lip. Not exactly my chin area but a little bit above that. That peels more with Retin A and is the most sensitive part of my face. Other than that, it's my eye area like many people.

5% products discount

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Its chin for me too. Its get red and i it burns sometimes. Is there any cream to apply to the chin?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
jamesrobert wrote:
Its chin for me too. Its get red and i it burns sometimes. Is there any cream to apply to the chin?

I often apply oil (namely rice bran oil) to my chin area. It's soothing and cuts down on friction--especially while sleeping.

Since my skin is no longer acneic, I don't have to worry too much about oils breaking me out.
tlc0471
5% products discount

Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:35 am      Reply with quote
These days it has been my nose. I have been using tea tree oil mixed in with my moisturizer to treat.
lagay
5% products discount

Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:50 am      Reply with quote
Heartened to hear people say the chin! Mine is on the chin, just below the corners of the mouth. Also the upper lip area as well!
kavita

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:59 am      Reply with quote
The most sensitive part of my face is my nose. It gets hurt very easily.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Chin for sure. All I have to do is look at it funny and I seem to break out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
lagay wrote:
Heartened to hear people say the chin! Mine is on the chin, just below the corners of the mouth. Also the upper lip area as well!

I also thought that I was the only one.
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
For me it's my forehead - I have always struggled with the skin texture in that area, ever since I was a kid. It's either bumpy or red or flaky etc. etc.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Upper cheeks. I avoid applying Retin A there.
lala27

Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
It seems I'm opposite most who have replies... I'm very resistant on my chin and most sensitive on my cheeks.
ShiningStar77
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Agree with lala and russian sunshine. Me its my cheeks. Very Happy

I am guessing it depends on the skin type and where your sebaceous glands are concentrated. I have combination skin so notice my cheeks can become quite dry and sallow in winter whilst my nose and forehead continue to shine to high heaven. Laughing
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:08 am      Reply with quote
ShiningStar77 wrote:

I am guessing it depends on the skin type and where your sebaceous glands are concentrated. I have combination skin so notice my cheeks can become quite dry and sallow in winter whilst my nose and forehead continue to shine to high heaven. Laughing

So, do fewer sebacious glands=more irritation?
ShiningStar77
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:26 am      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
ShiningStar77 wrote:

So, do fewer sebacious glands=more irritation?

I have no idea - just a guess specific to my skin - lol. Sensitivity is likely based on a number of factors incl skin type. I just notice that my cheeks are significantly drier and more sensitive than my t-zone, chin and jaw.

It's also just *my* perception that oilier/ combination skin also tends to have less sensitivity issues. This however is just based on my personal perceptions i.e. my nordic/ Scandinavian friend has very dry and sensitive skin and therefore can only use brands such as avene and la roche posay in order to avoid all hell breaking loose. Whilst my skin can happily tolerate moderate 40% glycolic peels she is unable to get past 20-30% lactic acid peels on the whole of her face.

That said she is constantly using balm like moisturisers which I would never dream of using for fear of a breakout nightmare. Shock So I suppose there are different types of sensitivity as I also cannot tolerate some things her skin could not live without.
Laughing
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Cheeks for me. I am always trying to balance between using tretinoin and treatments to combat aging and avoid irritation that creates wrinkles. Tretinoin definitely plumps up the skin and makes it look younger so I don't want to avoid applying on the cheeks. If someone knows a good regime using tretinoin, would love to hear it!

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:20 am      Reply with quote
ShiningStar77,

That's a very interesting theory. Perhaps that might be something worth investigating.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |