Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Newbie - adult acne frustrations
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stephfsch2013

Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I found this forum using google search for "skin peeling after using glycolic wash" lol. I am 37 have suffered from acne since puberty. Always there some months better some worse than others. Have tried nearly everything from Cetaphil to Proactive. I've done all of one line and mixed and matched lines. I am a touch OCD I like sticking to one line. No clue why just do. Recently having a major out break of large cystic acne I call it "I lost my mind". Decided drastic measures were needed. I started using my Clairsonic twice daily. Washing face four times daily. Have Peter Thomas Roth bar soap love it, use it to remove makeup lather use hands then follow with clairsonic. While I felt clean I saw no change in acne. I went to Ulta and browsed the cleanser section for hours. Salesperson approached me and we discussed what I was looking for. I had researched Dermadoctor and was guns ho to buy the whole line. She suggested Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic wash. Says they sell out as soon as they purchase. So I purchased it and a few other items. So here's my routine for now.
AM - PTR Glycolic acid wash with clairsonic
PTR AHA/BHA Acne clearing gel
PTR ultra lite oil free moisturizer
As soon as walking in door from work I use
The PTR bar soap once with hands. Removing eye makeup too. Then again with clairsonic for a more thorough job. Follow with the acne gel and moisturizer.
At bedtime I tend to shower and rinse face and reapply the acne gel and moisturizer.

Now I did this for 4 days and the 9 cystic I had all over my face were completely gone. I was shocked. But then I saw my chin was more red and very tiny white bumps were visible. Now don't get me wrong they were there before but we're still small but I could see them better. Around corner area of mouth is crusty and peeling. As well as the crease where nose meets cheek and the midline crease in chin.
I decided to google more at this point. I reduced my Glycolic acid wash to nightly without clairsonic. In the am I use me PTR bar soap then the acne gel and moisturizer. Now I did order the gentler PTR acne wash and another moisturizer. Just not in yet. Also is there a better cream for nightly use that won't make the acne explode?
I adore the PTR line so hopefully there's something there I can add.
As for the peeling now anything good to put on that at night or for under makeup that doesn't worsen the acne either?
Also should the ultra lite moisturizer sting? More so around red peeling spots and gots away shortly after application.
Also with my OCD'ness I cannot stand to have folky skin hanging there so I tend to grab my tweezers and gently remove what only easily comes off.

Thank you.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm almost 30 and have dealt with acne since puberty and have tried everything. I've been using clarisonic for the past few years, have used retin-A and been on everything from birth control pills to antibiotics to supplements and nothing worked. I've tried a lot of skincare products from proactive to oil cleansing method. I'm going to have to go to the last alternative which is accutane which I've been holding back for a while but I think it's finally time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I just found out that the supplement PANTOTHEN @ 8 - !0 grams a day has a huge benefit on acne.

In many cases it has been the deciding factor in ceasing the condition.

So tempting to treat the outer, and forget the inner.. and yet, of course the outer reflects the inner!

Apparently it is easy to be short on pantothen when hormones are not well balanced.
Stephfsch2013

Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
I'm almost 30 and have dealt with acne since puberty and have tried everything. I've been using clarisonic for the past few years, have used retin-A and been on everything from birth control pills to antibiotics to supplements and nothing worked. I've tried a lot of skincare products from proactive to oil cleansing method. I'm going to have to go to the last alternative which is accutane which I've been holding back for a while but I think it's finally time.

I really like what the skin feels like after the skin crusts off. Just red and sore right now. Hoping that it subsides soon. Wondering abound the supplement though. Sounds feasible.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Have a wonder, imagine it feasible......or if you need testimonials, google it.

Then go and buy some asap.

Good luck!
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Pantholen looks like a gimmick. It's just a bunch of vitamins put into one pill and probably cheaper if you buy all the supplements listed on their ingredients and just do it yourself however I've been taking a lot of those supplements like my B complex and folic acid and haven't seen improvements.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:10 am      Reply with quote
not a product. A vitamin.

Pantothen

Quote:

Pantothenic acid
Pantothenic acid molecule
Preferred IUPAC name[hide]

3-[(2,4-Dihydroxy-3,3-dimethylbutanoyl)amino]propanoic acid
Systematic name[hide]

3-(2,4-Dihydroxy-3,3-dimethylbutanamido)propanoic acid[1]
Identifiers
CAS number 599-54-2 , 79-83-4 R Yes
PubChem 988, 6613 R, 5748353 S
ChemSpider 963 , 6361 R Yes, 4677898 S Yes
UNII 568ET80C3D Yes
EC number 209-965-4
DrugBank DB01783
KEGG D07413 Yes
MeSH Pantothenic+Acid
ChEBI CHEBI:7916
ChEMBL CHEMBL1594 Yes
Beilstein Reference 1727062, 1727064 R
3DMet B00193
Jmol-3D images Image 1
Image 2
SMILES
[show]
InChI
[show]
Properties
Molecular formula C9H17NO5
Molar mass 219.23 g mol−1
Density 1.266 g mL−1
Melting point

183.83 °C, 457 K, 363 °F
Boiling point

551.5 °C, 825 K, 1025 °F
log P −0.856
Acidity (pKa) 4.299
Basicity (pKb) 9.698
Related compounds
Related alkanoic acids

Arginine
Theanine
Hopantenic acid
4-(γ-Glutamylamino)butanoic acid

Related compounds Panthenol
(verify) (what is: Yes/?)
Except where noted otherwise, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C, 100 kPa)
Infobox references

Pantothenic acid, also called pantothenate or vitamin B5 (a B vitamin), is a water-soluble vitamin discovered by Roger J. Williams in 1933.[2] For many animals, pantothenic acid is an essential nutrient. Animals require pantothenic acid to synthesize coenzyme-A (CoA), as well as to synthesize and metabolize proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.

Pantothenic acid is the amide between pantoic acid and β-alanine. Its name derives from the Greek pantothen (πάντοθεν) meaning "from everywhere" and small quantities of pantothenic acid are found in nearly every food, with high amounts in whole-grain cereals, legumes, eggs, meat, royal jelly, avocado, and yogurt.[3] It is commonly found as its alcohol analog, the provitamin panthenol, and as calcium pantothenate. Pantothenic acid is an ingredient in some hair and skin care products.[4]
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:51 am      Reply with quote
After the skin stopped peeling after the final course of accutane, all that was left was great skin and no pores Then I waited for the red marks from the past breakouts to fade!
Years later I did IPL's and lasers to help fade the remaining marks and smooth any scars.

Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:45 am      Reply with quote
I agree 100% with Catski! Pantothen really DOES work! You do need to take the amount she recommends tho and be patient!
I've had cystic acne since the birth of my children and other than drugs like anti androgens/birth control pills/Accutane which all work,(I'm now menopausal so can't use those methods) Pantothen and Retin A(Obagi) are my saviours now.

Since I started Obagi NuDerm fx a month ago, I've had a lousy purging breakout of cystic acne.
I upped the Vit B5 and used some clenziderm toner and so far no more zits.... Very Happy
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I've been doing some research on acne for my 13 year old son. Here's what I've found:

1. Skin cells shed, stick and clump in follicle: retinoids reduce the electrical charge that causes attraction and bonding;
2. Bacteria feeds on sebum blocked by clumping skin cells (kill bacteria with LightStim blue light for acne; benzoyl peroxide also works but is harsher);
3. Clear out the pore: salicylic acid exfoliates and is lipid soluble, so penetrates sebum; benzoyl-peroxide removes comedones (blackheads); Neutrogena 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment (salicylic acid); Neutrogena Spot treatment (benzoyl peroxide)
4. Treat inflammation: salicylic acid, niacinamide lotion or topical antibiotics (niacinamide also tightens skin, reducing pimple formation);
5. Decrease sebum production: retinoids (don't wash face more than 2x/day)or Avene Eau Thermale foaming cleanser and mattifying lotion (contains an amino acid that reduces sebum production)

I'm trying to keep my son's regimen gentle so as to avoid dryness and irritation, so he uses the blue light once daily, washes twice a day with the Avene foaming cleanser and an electric brush, applies mattifying lotion twice per day, followed by niacinamide lotion, then dots the benzoyl peroxide on any existing pimples. When he's faithful about it, it works really well. I'm thinking about adding a salicylic acid product for the exfoliation.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |